Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

Hey guys

I cant seem to find out what addon this is, ive searched everywhere. Can anyone help me with it?

Its the circled one in this screenshot. Thanks in advance

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...titled-2-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Most nameplate addons allow you to change the texture.
    tnx for ur reply m8
    with risk to make u mad, can u please name at least one - searched over wow.curse.com and wowinterface.com couldn't find anything related.
    sick of it all!

Quote Originally Posted by phrenetic
    tnx for ur reply m8
    with risk to make u mad, can u please name at least one - searched over wow.curse.com and wowinterface.com couldn't find anything related.
    Aloft is one
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

I might have asked this in the wrong thread at first (post ur UI thread). For that I apologize. Here's my post below:

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbachop

Click for larger image

Click for larger image

My Old UI for reference

Still has considerable work to be done. Inspired by a bunch of different UIs. The pitbull frames are stolen from Caith until I figure out what I want to do with them. I'm not going exactly back to the old ui but it'll probably resemble it pretty closely.
    Ok, created an account to find this out since I cant determine it myself, and I didnt see any mention of this in this entire thread (believe me, I looked and it took me quite some time). Can someone please tell me which UI mod's are used in these screenshots posted here for the following?

• UI mod/addon used for cleaner looking combat text
    • UI mod/addon used for drawing cleaner drops and positioning drops at the top (first image shows gold and badges being collected)
    • UI mod/addon used for buttons positioning in middle and chat/damage positioning on sides
    • UI mod/addon for damage meter and threat meter on the two sides
    • UI mod/addon for moving personal healthbar/rage bar and target's healthbar to bottom center (instead of top left)
    • UI mod/addon for buffs that are displayed at the top right
    • UI mod/addon for raid party being used above the threat meters on the left

I would really like to know, if anyone can help. Is this one UI mod or a combination of a few? Any help with this would be TOTALLY appreciated.

Thanks!
    -Noski

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@Noski

Each of your questions is a different mod (or set of mods).
    In order:
    * UI mod/addon used for cleaner looking combat text
    This is either SCT (Scrolling Combat Text), Mikk's Scrolling Battle Text, or Parrot

* UI mod/addon used for drawing cleaner drops and positioning drops at the top (first image shows gold and badges being collected)
    That mod is called XLoot Monitor. It shows who picks up what loot. It requires the "XLoot" mod, which alters the actual lootwindow as well.

* UI mod/addon used for buttons positioning in middle and chat/damage positioning on sides
    He's using some form of mod, either Prat or Chatter (my guesses), to alter the two chat windows (specifically timestamps and the right-justification on the Combat Log window). The ability to separate the two windows is in the base WoW UI - just right click the "Combat Log" tab, choose "Unlock", and move it away from the chat window.

The buttons in the middle is any of the myriad ActionBar mods - Bartender and Dominos being the most common.

You didn't ask about it, but the minimap mod (square, and down at the bottom) is either SimpleMiniMap, Squeenix, Chinchilla, or SexyMiniMap.

* UI mod/addon for damage meter and threat meter on the two sides
    The Damage Meter is Recount.
    The Threat Meter is Omen3.

* UI mod/addon for moving personal healthbar/rage bar and target's healthbar to bottom center (instead of top left)
    It's a UnitFrame addon, named Pitbull 3.

* UI mod/addon for buffs that are displayed at the top right
    That's Elkano's Buff Bars (listed as ElkBuffBars on Curse, I believe).

* UI mod/addon for raid party being used above the threat meters on the left
    That's the raid-frame addon Grid.

There you go, a full breakdown.

http://hdimage.org/images/lrprntm3m6...2809233047.jpg

what addon is it that makes that border in the bottom of the screen?

I'm currently using Pitbull, but the problem i run into is that if i want to move around the raid frames, i have to be in a raid group for them to even be displayed, and needless to say im not doing this while in a raid, is there a way to get a test display of the group and raid frames so i dont have to actually be in a group?

When I want to mess with my raid UI I just go into wintergrasp and find a safe spot. Usually gives you about 20 minutes or so to mess with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TeragX
    I'm currently using Pitbull, but the problem i run into is that if i want to move around the raid frames, i have to be in a raid group for them to even be displayed, and needless to say im not doing this while in a raid, is there a way to get a test display of the group and raid frames so i dont have to actually be in a group?
    There is, I dont exactly remember it. but its in the top most Pitbull options tere is like a dropdown box where you cna select a mode. Somethjing like single, party and raid. If you select amode it will simulate that for you. So if you select party you will get a simulated party with all party pets all the buffs/debuffs etc. after completing your settings yo ucan set it back to none to stop the simulation.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Tohil
    http://hdimage.org/images/lrprntm3m6...2809233047.jpg

what addon is it that makes that border in the bottom of the screen?

It's skinner.Its not only border its all black background you can pull it up how high u want.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2871/luciat7.jpg

Looking for the tooltip mod in this ss. Off on the right side, middle level, says:

"Lucifron
    ?? Boss Humanoid (Corpse)
    Loot: Ajantis"

Quote Originally Posted by Slor
    http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2871/luciat7.jpg

Looking for the tooltip mod in this ss. Off on the right side, middle level, says:

"Lucifron
    ?? Boss Humanoid (Corpse)
    Loot: Ajantis"
    Looks like Cowtip

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3...n09castfp2.jpg

If anyone could tell me the name of the mod in this screenshot that makes the grey outlines, I would greatly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Variuos
    http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3...n09castfp2.jpg

If anyone could tell me the name of the mod in this screenshot that makes the grey outlines, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Most likely eepanels2 or kgpanels
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Variuos
    Looks like Cowtip
    Or TinyTip or TipTac. Any of them will do that. I use TipTac, because I don't want any Rock based addons.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Any halfway configurable tooltip mod will allow you to change the anchoring and look of tooltips (even, as that one does, having a health bar attached to the tooltip). The "Loot: XXXX" line is usually from yet another addon that tracks the order of kills, and informs you of who gets to loot which bodies (useful if it's a minable or skinnable mob, and you're the only miner/skinner, or whatnot).

I'm looking for a Unit Frame Addon, because X-Perl made some problems if i control Malygos Drakes. Pitbull is to unhandy for me.
    I would like to know how which unit frame addon is used in this Vid:

http://files.filefront.com/CBSympath.../fileinfo.html

thx for help

Couple more questions about the video listed above. What is the border used to link all the windows on the bottom. Also the addon to change the skin around the map to make it smooth and mesh with the border. And finally, the unit frames. Those own anything I've seen pitbull do. I've got my DK's UI down now for the most part, but the three above things would greatly help me to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcinia
    I'm looking for a Unit Frame Addon, because X-Perl made some problems if i control Malygos Drakes. Pitbull is to unhandy for me.
    I would like to know how which unit frame addon is used in this Vid:

http://files.filefront.com/CBSympath.../fileinfo.html

thx for help
    Spartan UI.

Quote Originally Posted by TeragX
    Does anyone know how to do the same thing w/ grid?