Need 3v3 Advice against Mage, Rogue, Priest

Any advice and strats that can be given would be appreciated. The first two seasons my pvp team consisted of a 0/31/30 Rogue, affliction warlock, and a shadow priest. We usually climbed to a 1850 rating or so. At the start of season 3 we had our priest switch over to Discipline hoping this would give us that extra push to maybe a 2k rating. Our first two weeks in season 3 was met with a 17-3 record. But this last week we ran up against the Rogue, Ice Mage, and Disc Priest combo about 10 times leaving us with a record of 7-10 for the week. I'm just wondering if anyone has some strats that we could use to defeat this combo even if it includes one of us respecing. Any info would be appreciated.

-Def

Re: Need 3v3 Advice against Mage, Rogue, Priest

You need to do some mana draining. At least that is what i find anoying.

Focus on the mage with complete control on the priest.
    Getting the dispel on the Iceblock is a must and then finish the Mage with some burst dps.
    From then on its EZ street.

Quote Originally Posted by xFirebug
    Focus on the mage with complete control on the priest.
    Getting the dispel on the Iceblock is a must and then finish the Mage with some burst dps.
    From then on its EZ street.
    QFT, if you focus the mage shatter combos effectively go out the window, also i would say drain the priest, especially if he is burning you. however, they will most likely focus your lock since he is UA. sl/sl would work much better with this combo.

but from your pov you want it to work something like this:

your rogue on their mage. your lock dots up rogue/mage/priest and then drains priest. your priest stacks HoTs/shields/dispels and burns their priest. their priest is forced to heal/dispel through the dots and focus heal the mage since you are focus'd on him. in that time you can freely burn him down.

if for some reason their rogue is on your priest, then GG your lock is free to UA bomb and dot everything sight.

also what type of gear does your team have, what generally happens when you win/lose games?

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    QFT, if you focus the mage shatter combos effectively go out the window, also i would say drain the priest, especially if he is burning you. however, they will most likely focus your lock since he is UA. sl/sl would work much better with this combo.

but from your pov you want it to work something like this:

your rogue on their mage. your lock dots up rogue/mage/priest and then drains priest. your priest stacks HoTs/shields/dispels and burns their priest. their priest is forced to heal/dispel through the dots and focus heal the mage since you are focus'd on him. in that time you can freely burn him down.

if for some reason their rogue is on your priest, then GG your lock is free to UA bomb and dot everything sight.

also what type of gear does your team have, what generally happens when you win/lose games?
    Won't his priest need to focus on healing his warlock? Mages have a lot more escape moves than warlocks. A rogue is going to be able to apply constant pressure on a warlock (after deathcoil is gone), but mages have nova, blink, and ice block as instant abilities to get away from the rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordin
    Won't his priest need to focus on healing his warlock? Mages have a lot more escape moves than warlocks. A rogue is going to be able to apply constant pressure on a warlock (after deathcoil is gone), but mages have nova, blink, and ice block as instant abilities to get away from the rogue.
    yes mages have all those abilities, however rogues have blind, gouge, sprint, CoS, vanish. so mages can only get so far. also yes a rogue on a ua lock will in most cases do more than a rogue on a mage. if the priest isn't shadow then the lock shouldn't be UA, he should be sl/sl to live longer. also ua locks can stack a lot of stam/resil and survive fairly well. and assuming a deathcoil or blind on the rogue gives the lock time to dot the mage, pressure will be on that mage quickly. likewise if instead of dotting he drains the priest. lock/priest will always drain faster than priest alone, and they could even try draining the mage to render him useless.

As the rogue on my lock/rogue/priest team i usually focus the mage, makeing sheeps/shatters a lot harder for their mage.
    Getting a dispell and/or fear off (on their priest) when the mage iceblocks is a must tho.
    Keep in mind that their priest being disc means he will heal a whole lot less effecient then a hpriest would do.
    Manadrain their priest as much as possible, should be main prio for your warlock after his dots are up.
    Our warlock is failguard tho, since your priest is disc your warlock is likely to be the main target for their rogue, having sl is great then. SL/SL would work aswell, altho our warlock hates it thus doesnt spec it.

Altho, losing to the fotm setup isnt a shame, so dont bash your head against your screen for not beating them :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte
    As the rogue on my lock/rogue/priest team i usually focus the mage, makeing sheeps/shatters a lot harder for their mage.
    Getting a dispell and/or fear off (on their priest) when the mage iceblocks is a must tho.
    Keep in mind that their priest being disc means he will heal a whole lot less effecient then a hpriest would do.
    Manadrain their priest as much as possible, should be main prio for your warlock after his dots are up.
    Our warlock is failguard tho, since your priest is disc your warlock is likely to be the main target for their rogue, having sl is great then. SL/SL would work aswell, altho our warlock hates it thus doesnt spec it.

Altho, losing to the fotm setup isnt a shame, so dont bash your head against your screen for not beating them :P
    i can't remember the last time i saw a holy priest in an arena :P failguard can work out fairly well, problem is they are too easily CC'd via a frost mage or fears if your lock doesn't have that 130 res trinket.

Ok so it will go like this IM (disc priest 1.6k healing 474resi) lock sl/sl (450resi 821sd) rogue fists ar/hemo 1.8k ap 33% crit 2k rating

lock and me stays behind 50yards, rogue sap the mag and goes for the priest asap.
    we run in our lock fear the mag (he uses trinket/ib) im dispeling priest of all his buffs and mana burn spam him theyr rogue goes for our lock (dispel fear ward) i fear him he will use trinket/wof my lock fear him again (hes runing 5sec) [ur lock need to dispel sheep from u all the time he can do this every 10sec most important thing] ok now the priest is bursted down while theyr rogue cant do shit... another fear from me after the fear rogue is blinded meanwhile my lock fears the mag at this point enemy priest should be at 20% mana and dieing. And gg u won RPM only team that we lose to is rpm(when they resist my fears) and hunter/lock/disc priest (cant do this not all combo is possible if only i was dwarf DAMN POISONS)