Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Builds are a "Fashion"?

Well just as the mass media, magazines popular actors drive people's way of dressing/looks the same way top warrior players may drive the warrior population in adopting certain builds...

Some time ago many warriors had adopted exactly Serennia's 33/28 build to the point, now things are changing again..and who is the driving force..

Serennia went to 35/23/3 wonder why he did it after so long on being 33/28. He copied exactly Inactive's build. He may even switch back to Stormherald just as Inactive did. Who knows. Do you really think it will remain the cookie cutter build?

I have also seen some warriors going 41/20 but it wont be "In Fashion" till we see one of the very top ones adopting it.

Re: Builds are a "Fashion"?

I'm using a 33/25/3 build but I didn't copy from anyone, I went with the choices I thought were best. Dumbass on my 3v3 told me to spec 41/17/3 and I said "Suck it".

serennia is a gnome female not a gnome male smart one. Cupecakezz a warrior name changed his name to Serennia when Serennia's acct was hacked and server transfered, it is getting resolved, and the "real" serennia is still 33/28

Quote Originally Posted by Accalon
    serennia is a gnome female not a gnome male smart one. Cupecakezz a warrior name changed his name to Serennia when Serennia's acct was hacked and server transfered, it is getting resolved, and the "real" serennia is still 33/28
    ha ha thats so funny however Cupecakezz has good ratings also

btw how u know all this info?

Inactive wasn't even playing warrior at the start of TBC. They're not 'their' builds and 99% of the serious PVP warriors didn't 'follow' them but just took the talent build that makes the most sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane
    Inactive wasn't even playing warrior at the start of TBC. They're not 'their' builds and 99% of the serious PVP warriors didn't 'follow' them but just took the talent build that makes the most sense?
    33/28 was not a popular build at start till Serennia became famous and many followed him. Many warriors check other warriors' builds and follow them. Of course they all make sence being 35/23/3; 33/28 or 41/20. If Serennia changed to 41/20 now do you know how many new 41/20 warriors we would see next day?

Quote Originally Posted by Narzania
    33/28 was not a popular build at start till Serennia became famous and many followed him. Many warriors check other warriors' builds and follow them. Of course they all make sence being 35/23/3; 33/28 or 41/20. If Serennia changed to 41/20 now do you know how many new 41/20 warriors we would see next day?
    I agree 100%

Sad, but true.

I have now ideea who is serenia, still using spec wich fits with my play style.

I'm not a noob, I finished on 3th place in 5v5 in blackout EU, and 1st top rated warrior in 5v5, and 2nd warrior in 2v2 after Prod.

I'm using 33/28 either 35/23/3, and don't give a f.uck what specs other warriors are using, spending about 3000g on respecs since TBC only on testing them.

*cough 31/30 AR prep rogue*

33/25/3 or 34/24/3 ftw!:P Depending on sweeping strikes or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyone
    I have now ideea who is serenia, still using spec wich fits with my play style.

I'm not a noob, I finished on 3th place in 5v5 in blackout EU, and 1st top rated warrior in 5v5, and 2nd warrior in 2v2 after Prod.

I'm using 33/28 either 35/23/3, and don't give a f.uck what specs other warriors are using, spending about 3000g on respecs since TBC only on testing them.
    lol you dont know who Serennia is?

omg 3k G for respecs??

Believe it or not, but people use specs which are actually worth using?

33/28 is just the standard cookie cutter spec everyone had at start of TBC (31/30/0) except with 2 points from flurry switched into second wind. No one ever heard of Serennia until Ming decided to give him some e-fame, a lot of people were specced 33/28/0 way before that. If Serennia switched to 41/20/0 I seriously doubt any warrior with a brain would follow him.

As for 0/31/30 AR/Prep specs, naga please, people thought of those specs when TBC was still even in beta (same goes for MS flurry builds btw). The reason why not many people specced it is because even though they could come up with builds they had no idea how big of an impact resilience and increased stamina would have. People specced 0/31/30 after the patch because it got some pretty heavy buffs, sure Ming might have had a hand in it but there were even 0/31/30 rogues before 2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamberta
    lol you dont know who Serennia is?

omg 3k G for respecs??
    lol you actually take pvp so seriously that you know the "celebrities"?

Some of us believe it or not just play with our mates and couldn't give a toss what someone with 2k+ rating is doing, or those idiots who make pvp movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Windywoo
    lol you actually take pvp so seriously that you know the "celebrities"?

Some of us believe it or not just play with our mates and couldn't give a toss what someone with 2k+ rating is doing, or those idiots who make pvp movies.
    /agree

i can't believe this is actually turning into a discussion.

i ran 31/30 in pve for the longest time, and adopted 33/28 fairly early on in s1. did i follow anyone? no, it just made the most sense for what i wanted, or maybe serennia copied me in secret . will i ever have a build that doesn't contain x/x/0? no, unless some changes are made to warrior abilities or talents. i don't think you give the average player enough credit for being able to choose their own spec, or recognize a good spec when they see one.

if someone said hey, 35/5/21 is the new great warrior spec, serennia is doing it, how many people would really switch to it? i think as with most classes the best spec is a basic variation on an overall trend, such as the discussions we've had many times over - AM and 2H vs IH and BC vs CP.

are you saying every mage is 17/0/44 just because 1 notable mage spec'd for it? it made sense to the first person who tried it, and word spread from there. it's not rocket science just talent specs, and there are only so many viable options.

Deleted

Who is serennia?

31/30/0 must be the real Cookie Cutter specc. 31/20/0 was Cookie Cutter pre TBC. Doesnt it make sense? And btw, those celebrities can go shove something up their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    Who is serennia?
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o12/Vexn/Axe.png

Please read the signature rules.