Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Frost Mage 17/0/44 - What is this?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimtang
    Frost Channeling and Frost Warding are useless. Your mana should last long enough for the duration of the fight. No need for the -15% mana cost. Armor on mages is kinda useless (we have crap all anyway) and that 10% reflect is dependent on if you're facing another mage.

Here's my setup: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=of0ibobZZVVGcobxoVqt

Yes I took improved amp/dampen magic (only good if you don't have a healer). I don't know how effective it is, but I haven't respecced in a while now, and I kinda like it.

Basically, the main talents you need from 17/0/44 are Imp Counterspell, Block, Snap, Frostbite, Shatter, Bubble, Pet.

The rest are variable to what you want.
    Totaly agree that Imp CS is one of the best tools you can have in 2v2 and 3v3, however i have to run a question by you about that spec, wouldn't more mana back from a resist or improved missiles for LOS abusers be more useful than the armor from fortitude?
    Also why no points in permafrost? i love the extra speed reduction vs melee teams.
    p.s im in no way criticizing your build, im just genuinly interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranex
    Totaly agree that Imp CS is one of the best tools you can have in 2v2 and 3v3, however i have to run a question by you about that spec, wouldn't more mana back from a resist or improved missiles for LOS abusers be more useful than the armor from fortitude?
    Also why no points in permafrost? i love the extra speed reduction vs melee teams.
    p.s im in no way criticizing your build, im just genuinly interested.
    Hmm, I like just the 1 point in Fortitude. You're going to get chomped on by melee more than your spells will be resisted, and yeah los abusers are very annoying, but missles doesn't do a whole bunch of damage when you're not specced into it, plus it's a huge mana drain, so I try to avoid it. Fortitude is not necessary. I doubt you'd notice a difference with or without it, but hey, cheap armor buff.

And if you're rank 1 frostbolting melee, they'll never catch you, which is why I found permafrost kinda useless too. I have specced into it before, and didn't even notice a difference. I'd rather those 1-3 points elsewhere.

Like I said, the important thing is imp CS in arcane; how you get there is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimtang

Yes it is......
    Disagree, the first 15points in the arcane tree are total crap.
    Frost channeling (3 points) > Clearcasting (5points)
    And clearcasting is only a bit good, rest is so crap up till improved silence, and you miss out on so much nice talents in the frost tree.
    I always play 0/6/55