Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

2.4 Patch - New PTR Build

Update 15:00 CET - Oops, something I forgot to mention ... [item=23572] aren't bind on pickup anymore !

Update 11:00 CET - Added item sets changes, updated item changes, changed the layout to make it more readable.

A new build has been deployed on PTRs, changes will be listed here and post will be updated regularly during the next few hours. This probably means that we'll be back to "normal" news posts soon. ^^

New items

Item changes

Item sets changes
    Paladin
    • 4-piece bonus on all season healing sets (Redemption) has been changed to "Reduces the cooldown of your Hammer of Justice by 10 sec." to "Increases the healing from your Holy Shock spell by 30%."
    • Paladin Season 1/2 Retribution gear now has resilience ! Gladiator's Vindication, Merciless Gladiator's Vindication.

Druid
    • 4-piece bonus on Restoration-spec Arena and PvP sets has been changed to "The casting time on your Healing Touch spell is reduced by 0.25 sec." (Was a 15% increase to the outdoor movement speed before)
    • 4-piece bonus on Balance-spec Arena and PvP sets has been changed to "Your Wrath casts have a chance to reduce the cast time on your next Starfire by 1.5 sec." (Was a 15% increase to the outdoor movement speed before)

Hunter
    • The haste rating bonus on the Gronnstalker's Bracers have been changed to critical strike. (Screenshot)

Mage
    • 4-piece bonus on Season 3 set has been changed to "Reduces the cooldown of your Blink spell by 2 sec." (Was a 0.15 sec reduction to Polymorph casting time)

Shaman
    • 4-piece bonus on Vengeful Gladiator's Thunderfist now Gives you a 50% chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while casting Lightning Bolt. (Was 70%)

Resilience changes
    Resilience now reduces the effects of mana-drain spells.

Classes changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Paladins
    • Holy shock (Rank 1) now deals 277-299 damage to an enemy and heals an ally for 351-379 Health.
    • Holy shock (Rank 2) now deals 379-409 damage to an enemy and heals an ally for 480-518 Health.
    • Holy shock (Rank 3) now deals 496-536 damage to an enemy and heals an ally for 628-680 Health.
    • Holy shock (Rank 4) now deals 614-664 damage to an enemy and heals an ally for 777-841 Health.
    • Holy shock (Rank 5) now deals 721-779 damage to an enemy and heals an ally for 931-987 Health.

Warlocks
    • Drain mana (Rank 1) now drains 63 mana every 1 sec from the target. (Was 42)
    • Drain mana (Rank 2) now drains 102 mana every 1 sec from the target. (Was 68)
    • Drain mana (Rank 3) now drains 149 mana every 1 sec from the target. (Was 99)
    • Drain mana (Rank 4) now drains 204 mana every 1 sec from the target. (Was 136)
    • Drain mana (Rank 5) now drains 254 mana every 1 sec from the target. (Was 169)
    • Drain mana (Rank 6) now drains 300 mana every 1 sec from the target. (Was 200)

Tuskarrs
    Tuskarrs models are now in game files (and available on WoWModelViewer for exemple)

Patch notes additions
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mage
    • The casting bar will now display properly when casting Blizzard or Rain of Fire with spell haste.

World Environment
    • The Ratchet bank now has access to the Guild Vault.

Bug Fixes
    • There is no longer an area in Serpentine Cavern where using Field Repair Bot 74A will cause it to fall through the ground.
    • There is no longer an area in Coilfang Steamvaults where ground targeting AOE effects cannot be cast.
    • The proc from Black Bow of the Betrayer will no longer break crowd control effects such as Scatter Shot.
    • Vengeful Gladiator's Mooncloth Hood and Vengeful Gladiator's Satin Hood will now display Troll Tusks.
    • Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury will now display its bow animations correctly.

Re: 2.4 Patch - New PTR Build

Seems that either Nether Vortexis or Primal nethers are no bop anymore, Atm in PTR both are Boe.

Deleted

[blizzquote]Mage[*]The casting bar will now display properly when casting Blizzard or Rain of Fire with spell haste.
    One day they will hire a monkey that knows the Rain of Fire (RoF) is a fucking warlock spell fgs.

Yez. Free belt of blasting for me.

15+ Year Old Account

there is no way that primal nether / nether vortex will ever be BoE on liveservers... this is 99% bug, trust me ;>
    an item you buy für gold + bop items and than boe? no way

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    there is no way that primal nether / nether vortex will ever be BoE on liveservers... this is 99% bug, trust me ;>
    an item you buy für gold + bop items and than boe? no way
    Regardless, it is at the vendor now, which means Stormheralds / other crafted T5 lewt!

so my logic here is:

we need a warlock nerf AND a mage buff

so they gave Rain of fire to mage!!

I think its game braking

Im joking btw

Gladiator's Kodohide's 4 peice bonus (Druid Resto) has been changed from +15 Movement speed in forms outdoors to -.25 second to Healing touch.

I had to register for this one:
    Set bonus on the balance druid gladiator set was changed, too:

http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8034747np5.jpg

I wonder what procc - % it is..

edit: my guess is 5% procc chance. the buff lasts 15secs. <3 Dr. Boom

OMG about nether vortex. I dont care if they are not boe or bop im happy you can buy then now! no more freaking ssc booring runs to get someone else's a belt >_>. I like it
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowyn
    All the screams of "WoW is dying" is just stupid to me. Their numbers keep going up, how do you explain that? Personally I get really tired of WoW, wait let me rephrase that, personally I get tired of the morons I have to put with when I play WoW. Morons who think that they are entitled something, morons who whimper about the old days when they were screaming about how boring MC was and how they wanted to claw their eyes out. I wish you people could hear/read what you say/post sometimes.

Ornamented 4 peice was changed to +30% heals from Holy Shock.

Can you loot Illidari marks from sunwell ? Do the flasks work in there ?

It's going to be a big boost to Herbalism if not ^^

Resilience affecting mana drain is nice, but a larger mitigation would be better.

If it drains for 1000, assuming you have full pvp gear, you'll still get drained 800 mana.

That's quite a lot. But it's better than the current state at least.

Don't care about the nether vortex's. I don't even know what they're used for.

Apparently Holy Shock is a priest spell now?

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    Regardless, it is at the vendor now, which means Stormheralds / other crafted T5 lewt!
    But the s2 gears will also become BG gears next season though, which is pretty much on even with stormheralds if ignoring the stun proc differences.

I guess that's the reason why they downgraded the requirement for vortex.

Quote Originally Posted by TS Aeonin
    Ornamented 4 peice was changed to +30% heals from Holy Shock.
    ROFL.

I guess that's their idea of a Paladin buff to deal with no instants and no mobility? Balance crew is as bad as the one at Verant back in the day.

Why did you put the druid arena 4-piece bonus change off the site?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nazjatar&n=Cowmooflage
    http://www.stumbleblog.com
    (entertaining and educative videos, game reviews, music and so on )

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...408_222040.jpg

Ele shaman gladiator 4pc set nerfed to 50% LB pushback resistance from 70%.

Makes sense, we have no CC/escape mechanisms so who needs spell pushback resistance.

I wish I could copy a char to PTR, does anyone know if they changed the mage 4 piece bonus?