Thread: Remove Arena?

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Remove Arena?

Remove arena from the game? Whats your opionon about it?

Lets not talk about how many players would quit or money, just about the GOOD and bad things about it.

Myself I'm pissed of in arena, you can't even play arena without faseing same teams, how fucked up isent just that? Ofcourse you can face teams several times, but not in a row .. PLX. In general I'm good myself about pvp and all classes in game, but since I do serious pve and dont have time for pvp I fail alot when I do it, just because the setups or other stupid things.

Why I make this thread is to hear others opinion about it, so I maybe can change how I think about it, but I dont think I'll.

Only good reason about arena I see is the tournaments and prices ppl can get, its good communnity, but the arena itself is not good.

Flame on

Re: Remove Arena?

Sounds to me like your mad 'cause you're stuck in a low rating, right?

Arena, while having it's flaws, really is somewhat of a test of skill and know-how.

Not really, I've been up to 1900 but I never play arena serious anymore. What I am most mad about is not my arena game play, but how it change the pve so much.

yes plz! and make blizzard improve pve bc it sucks atm.

Quote Originally Posted by mena
    lol wut
    /agree

ppl that want to remove arena just dont know how to play vs other classes, cant stand how ppl do dif things unlike a boss, and just suck cuz ur at 1500 rating.

Arena is the only decent PvP this game has.
    Free gold tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeve
    Arena is the only decent PvP this game has.
    Pretty much agreed. Waiting on guild v guild BGs in WotLK.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dralle
    Remove arena from the game? Whats your opionon about it?

Lets not talk about how many players would quit or money, just about the GOOD and bad things about it.

Myself I'm pissed of in arena, you can't even play arena without faseing same teams, how fucked up isent just that? Ofcourse you can face teams several times, but not in a row .. PLX. In general I'm good myself about pvp and all classes in game, but since I do serious pve and dont have time for pvp I fail alot when I do it, just because the setups or other stupid things.

Why I make this thread is to hear others opinion about it, so I maybe can change how I think about it, but I dont think I'll.

Only good reason about arena I see is the tournaments and prices ppl can get, its good communnity, but the arena itself is not good.

Flame on
    So arena should be removed cause you suck at it?

*Gasp* There should be nothing challenging in WoW!!!! Force everyone to repeat same lameass scripted raid encounters over and over again!

I think that arenas have nothing to do in World of warcraft or any other mmorpg. The problem isn't class balance or whatever, the problem is that basically pvp in WoW must be based on world pvp, large scale pvp, fun and war between Horde and alliance etc.

Now wow looks like a stupid fps or CS-like pvp game. Seriously do people find it fun to do same matchs in a 20m² room? Arenas - clearly the biggest error blizzard have ever made.

Personally doing arenas only for gear, i'm good at pvp (G12 and 1980 rating in 3v3).

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreat
    I think that arenas have nothing to do in World of warcraft or any other mmorpg. The problem isn't class balance or whatever, the problem is that basically pvp in WoW must be based on world pvp, large scale pvp, fun and war between Horde and alliance etc.

Now wow looks like a stupid fps or CS-like pvp game. Seriously do people find it fun to do same matchs in a 20m² room? Arenas - clearly the biggest error blizzard have ever made.

Personally doing arenas only for gear, i'm good at pvp (G12 and 1980 rating in 3v3).
    Wait wait wait, 1980 in 3v3 means you're good? NO WAY!

I finished season 1 at 2150 5v5 and 20somethin 3v3. 

Why have I no decent ratings for later seasons?  I noted the serious problem that came about with the beginning of arenas and it has only gotten worse as time has gone on.  The problem with WoW pvp which is accentuated in arenas is class balance but not in the usual sense.

World of Warcraft is a class based rpg, that is, it is inherently unbalanced.  That is the strongpoint of a game like this.  Solid classes with unique and fun abilities are really the draw of this kind of gameplay.  The current trend towards this mythical class "balance" nonsense is ruining the game.  The more Blizzard moves toward balancing a class based game, the more all the classes become the same.  Think about it, how balanced can you really make a game with CLASSES of this sort?  You can't until you make all the classes the same.

The problem with WoW today is the fact that it is MORE balanced than it was pre-arena and pre-BC. I have seen too many multiplayer games die on the alter of balance to be fooled into thinking balance is a great idea.

Arena has its places in WoW, even tho I personally believe resilience and arena both broke PvP to an unrepairable point. I don't have the patience or time to go into this, but its just my thought.

I'm not a huge arenaer. And no I'm not bad at arena. While not a spectacular arenaer, I've been above 1900 in all 3 brackets throughout the seasons. At times it can be fun, however I have the most fun just messing around at 1500 with 2 RL friends on a joke of a 3's

What I do think they should do for arena however is normalize gear, like they are doing for the tournament.

This would make arena based solely on skill. When you enter the arena, you get a standard gear setup for your class. Yes it has holes, and would need to be perfected. But just have socketless, enchantless gear that everyone uses in arenas, and only in arenas.

There would still need to be rewards, obviously, but I really think normalizing gear in arena would be awesome, and would do alot for the game. Will it happen? No. People would bitch way to much. But in my opinion it would be a great step toward making arena not only more accessible to more people, but more fun for more people.

Its essentially impossible for someone to get into serious arena now, if they haven't arenaed during either of the first 2 seasons. Yes you can get full s1 with enough honor grinding, but s3 items for alot of classes just blow s1 out of the water, and the people wearing s1 are still at a gear disadvantage. And to be frank grinding out that much honor is just a royal pain in the ass. While 2.4 will solve some of this with the rep rewarded resil items, the gap between the rep gear and s3 will be more substantial than s1 and s3.

yes plx remove arena

ppl doing pve do it for the weaps with a durid screwing ppl wanting to play for a fair game over, and blizz tries to balance the game around arena... it's wrong on so many lvls it's not even remotely fun anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Annatartb
    yes plx remove arena

ppl doing pve do it for the weaps with a durid screwing ppl wanting to play for a fair game over, and blizz tries to balance the game around arena... it's wrong on so many lvls it's not even remotely fun anymore.
    I couldn't tell if you were being serious or sarcastic...

ofc I was being serious, but I guess too many ppl like talentles pop music and THAT is not getting removed so it's fair to assume arena is here to stay aswell

I agree, and with S4 coming out all I see is people running around in t5 equivilant gear thinking they actually accomplished something, even though PvP gear still doesn't add up completly in end game raids it still stinks of welfare epics. Arena has taken pvp to a point of no return, and unfortunatly it is getting bad enough to actually reduce the gameplay value of WoW itself, remove it or make realms specificly for it. OR to make it completly useless in PvE situations I say just make Res increase the amount of threat generated by the same % that it reduced crit damage, that way those epeen flexing noobs will just die a horrible halarious death when they try and run through lolazhan.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    So arena should be removed cause you suck at it?

*Gasp* There should be nothing challenging in WoW!!!! Force everyone to repeat same lameass scripted raid encounters over and over again!
    alot of people say that tho cause they fail at the so called "lameass encounters" its the same way alot of people think pvp is lame becuase they fail at it.
    although im more pve focused i would pvp almost every day if the respec cost was removed

I agree that arena is probably the best pvp wow has to offer. I don't think you should remove it at all. it needs some work done to it, like the que times which is being addressed and i hate losing matches to the same team over and over again. But its better than playing in a wsg with 10 ppl who have ebayed there toons and have no idea how to play them and just getting rolled in 10 min or using exploits to win. Better yet farming hk's in AV and getting 1 honor/kill bc ally are to stupid to figure out how to play an AV to get honor. or going 5 on 12 in eots bc there are so many afks. arena is the only pvp that is really worthwhile bc you know what you're getting before hand and you have a chance to win. There is definitely an advantage to have played in the first seasons and certain classes are way better for high level arena, but you can still win.

How has it reduced the game play value? I think it helps the game in general because people are tired of killing the same boss doing the same tactics over and over again. Raiding just gets boring, I personally think its a lot more fun to try and kill another person who thinks and reacts to what you're doing rather than having a boss do some canned robotical tactics week in and week out. It gives people another way to play the game.

And everyone talks about welfare epics and pvp; heroic badges do pretty much the same thing, anyone can get epic gear in a week with the heroic badges, it only takes a couple hours a night to get enough badges to get new gear.

im my opinion there becoming "welfare epics" becuase people are doing no work for them 90% of the people that get them are afking battlegrounds and getting epics for it ?
    my solution would be if you get reported a certian amount of times and its confirmed that your afk'ing you receive an ban from battle grounds for a day then a week and so on that would soon teach people not to afk