Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Epic gems for badges in 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by nakira
    other hand would have to wait for 25 gems to drop.

not to mention then you have gems like pure blue gems that are only great for gems, and green epic gems which are relatively worthless. and then gems like crimson spinels which everyone wants and are the only gem anyone is ever short on normally. yea gems dropping from BT is nice, but you actually get to choose. IMO, i would be a bit happier if they made the badge gems BoP also so that they don't hurt the market of selling BT gems. would also be interesting if it was 15 badges for a gem "bag", containing 1 random BoP BT gem. of course then you would also have to add in JCers to be able to cut gems through the trade window.

as for the guild tag, yes it's worth a bit. it's nice to have the guild tag of the 3rd furthest Horde guild Server wide. but in the end some of the special things that raiders got just disappeared. looking at a PvP you can't tell them apart from a PvEr. the warlock T6 wings was totally ruined by a easy S3 helm that has the same thing. Other things like that have destroyed the few things that raiders get to show to others that we have the skill to conquer the content. sadly the only thing we have now is the satisfaction of seeing the bosses and beating them.
    well i meant that it is NOT worth as much as that one guy atop said.

on the gems: we won't ever sell red/orange/blue, so it won't hurt the market anyway, because yellow and green are crap and will remain it(ok, they got a bit more worthy now that there's resi-ones).

also, i totally agree with you in that the "raider" that was with vanilla wow [[edit:]]DISappeared(parts, at least). i just did not want to say it because it sounds like exactly the qq i did not want to do^^.
    did naxx back then(just got trys on sapph, never downed him, cuz of tbc). it was a HELL lot more of work. but i like it more the way it is today. have a flying dragon, get my set atleast much earlier.
    i think, you know, me, being a mage, i always wanted to become more "powerful"- yeah sounds dumb in a dragonball-like way, but that's what the game means to me, along with items that help me accomplish that.

so it saddens me that there's not more/harder content for me to gain that power, knowledge over and of my char, and that there's people out there wo gain that power MAYBE with (much?, dunno) less effort.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Duskster
    LoL. All this crying for naught. If Casuals can't commit time and effort to long raids, what makes the criers think they can commit time to extensive badge farming to get all their gear needs met?

The bleeding edge raiders tend to forget there's a large "middle class" in WoW between true casuals and the hardcore raiders. I'd appropriately dub them "softcore raiders," as they make commitments to push dungeon runs and light raids for fun's sake and for self-paced, carefree progression, but lack the interest and/or tight organization to really make a consistent commitment to more aggressive raiding and progression.

It's unfair to lump the softcore raiders in with the true casuals, as many of these people have the skills to excel should they cross over and go hardcore, but most prefer to be free of the stresses and drama that tend to come with the territory of hardcore raiding. It's these softcores that are being rewarded by Blizzard next patch. If they have the skills, but their gear isn't up to snuff, they can invest in gear that can bring them up to snuff with the members of a raiding guild that would be potentially interested in their services. True casuals will still be in their blues and world drop epics, as most don't care enough about gear to begin with to really make the effort to purchase these items.
    we do not, it was already discussed 1243123412times in this thread. please read it before you post here(one page atleast)

I am in a guild farming BT and I am prolly more excited about this then any casual. Sure I get all my gems from the guild for my tanking set but with the low ass drop rate of crimson spinels we have a wait list going for them and as a feral druid who mostly tanks and does little dps I am at the bottom of the list for 10 agi gems this means for me that i can now gem my gear the way I want to without waiting for crimson spinels to drop and I imagine that most guilds in bt are still short on crimson spinels. This is also a nice change for casuals who are getting bt ilvl gear for badges to be able to put in bt ilvl gems in them. I dont understand why people get so pissed about it if its available to a casual its way more available to a raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerouxe
    Sry, but clearing Kara in 1:30h is not possible.

We`re wearing T6, need 38 Minutes to the mount in ZA, but Kara under 2h is not possible.
    If WWS is correct we have the second highest Group-DPS recorded and our Kara-Record is 2:01:31h with two rogues wearing the gleves.
    Our guild record is in the realm of about 1:40 or so. I think maybe it was 1:48.

The answer is not warglaives, the answer is 5 shaman. chain lust on every boss, lust on trash, lust lust lust.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    we do not, it was already discussed 1243123412times in this thread. please read it before you post here(one page atleast)

Clearly you have not met Windcape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

No point in arguing with these so called "Hardcore" (Hardcore whiners more like it) Raiders thinking its WoW Armageddon. They have lived in their hyped up illusionary world and think this is real life and all their efforts and glorius gear means anything to anyone and Blizzard. they won't accept that this is Blizzards game, they wont be happy unless they think its World of Timecraft. Tired of listening to all your whines, and your bitching and your complaining. You fail to realize you are the biggest benefactor of these changes. I know so many Raiders that had this on farm the last few months and they are most friendly, helpful people. These true hardcore raiders could care less about these changes, cause they Know they have the most to gain from it. So those to you who complain.

LEAVE! please do! don't let the door hit ya on the way out, you guys are what really brings this game down in the dumps. Blizzard, WoW and the rest of the gaming community don't need the likes of you. WoW not your cup of tea? enter common sense, move on try something else. But as always Common sense seems to be severely lacking with most people.

ProTip: There is a life outside of WoW, its Called RL and it does still exist and go on with or with out you. Perhaps you should try to re join society and learn to live with humans. Your WoW progression also does not matter in RL get over yourselves.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

Quote Originally Posted by Tergeron
    If raiders want to quit the game over 2.4, go ahead. Im hoping blizzard will add in a slurry of very hard 10 mans to make up for the 25 man content.
    I'm used to only read the news and some comments... but I really had to create a account to ask how exactly "casual" ppl will progress or do anything else without the ones who "waste their life" learning everything before us and writting all those strats in wowwiki, mmochampion, wowhead, etc...??? Well, really, I guess if you're here, it's because you read something about the game to learn something and play better (or at least gear better). And it's not only about raids. Those crazy stuff about skill rotations, etc... for you to read and try to do you job better in a group (dps, tanking, healing...).

If we're talking seriously here, a "casual" would not have time (and even will power) to spent hours trying to learn the content (what about recording videos, writting strats, etc...?) for others (more casuals than this "casual"?) to read and progress too. That's why they're not the so called "hardcore".

Most ppl would just left WoW if sudently every "hardcore" raid ppl left just before WotLK hits. Nobody would wan't to be there paying huge repair bills, leaving the instances with 0 drops, etc... just to learn and teach the new 5-man/10-man/25-man and probably Blizz would finish the game or do some kind of "raid with a GM" promos...

My guild is just starting TK and SSC. Downed "Loot Bellow" and "Loot Reaver"/Solarian. Going for A'lar. We do use those guides and strats.

That reminds me of another thing that I still didn't understand. Why those "titles" should not be given only to ppl who actually did all those atunments when they were needed (and probably some bosses were harder)? That way the title would really mean something and would be a really detail to reward those guilds who put up effort in doing that. From what I've saw, Mag will be easier now and I'll be a "Champion of Naruu" just like the ppl who have a hard time doing it before. Weird. I think that the title should be awarded to everyone who has the atunment complete or part of it done when the patch hits live. That way would even look like a "aq gate opening" where those warriors finally opened the gates for reinforcements to come (like A'dal says when someone turn in the verdant sphere - strike the remaining kael'thas forces).

Quote Originally Posted by LegendsnDreamz
    No point in arguing with these so called "Hardcore" (Hardcore whiners more like it) Raiders thinking its WoW Armageddon. They have lived in their hyped up illusionary world and think this is real life and all their efforts and glorius gear means anything to anyone and Blizzard. they won't accept that this is Blizzards game, they wont be happy unless they think its World of Timecraft. Tired of listening to all your whines, and your bitching and your complaining. You fail to realize you are the biggest benefactor of these changes. I know so many Raiders that had this on farm the last few months and they are most friendly, helpful people. These true hardcore raiders could care less about these changes, cause they Know they have the most to gain from it. So those to you who complain.

LEAVE! please do! don't let the door hit ya on the way out, you guys are what really brings this game down in the dumps. Blizzard, WoW and the rest of the gaming community don't need the likes of you. WoW not your cup of tea? enter common sense, move on try something else. But as always Common sense seems to be severely lacking with most people.

ProTip: There is a life outside of WoW, its Called RL and it does still exist and go on with or with out you. Perhaps you should try to re join society and learn to live with humans. Your WoW progression also does not matter in RL get over yourselves.
    Dude, probably they're enjoying life outside wow for 1 year now

Are you the one who will now guide the "casuals" in the new content when "the so called Hardcore" leave or you're just going to wait another batch of "hardcore" to do it?

hi
    i m in a BT raiding guild,we started from scratch 6 months ago and now we are at phase 2 of illidan(the mofo is going down before next patch),while Archi is being farmed every week.
    i m playing a rogue and personally i think the new badge pants and the crossbow are the best items for the given slots for a rogue(i ll dare to say the pants are damn nicer than the t6 pants,and defo better than the shaddy dealers leggings).As for the crossbow,its just damn nice ,better than anything u ll find inside BT or MH for the given slot.
    So i ll just use my badges(which frankly i can farm like tons with my guildies,since we currently jerg all the badge giving content-gear and skill really helps on that) and benefit from them.
    Personally i dont care if the so called casuals get a grip on those as well(i ll have slain illidan!!),while in the meantime i ll have teh badges hot and ready for the vendor when he appears.

And when all those casuals set foot and start wiping on naj'entus or supremus or azgalor(the previous bosses are piss easy),i ll be venduring inside Sunwell Plateau(where players of my skill are supposed to be when 2.4 goes live)

All i have to say is Give me new content,i cant wait

P.S Less QQ more PEW PEW pls:P

now hardcore raiders have to do dailies like CASUALS for money, less auctioning of the gems
    THOSE DARN CASUALS, MAKING RAIDERS HAVE TO PLAY MORE THAN TWICE A WEEK

Quote Originally Posted by obvioustroll
    now hardcore raiders have to do dailies like CASUALS for money, less auctioning of the gems
    THOSE DARN CASUALS, MAKING RAIDERS HAVE TO PLAY MORE THAN TWICE A WEEK
    Hehe yes,

Now you know which raiders are QQing ;D The ones that have a bussiness of selling their guilds BT/MH gems instead of giving them to their guild member.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendsnDreamz
    And who will make all the strats to kill the bosses for you then? You wouldn't be able to kill a single Karazhan boss without someone holding your hand and painting maps for you telling you where to stand, when to move and what button to push. Then you would have to wait for 1 year again until Blizzard adds more easy welfare epics for you obtainable by some stupid farming. Enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermind
    And who will make all the strats to kill the bosses for you then? You wouldn't be able to kill a single Karazhan boss without someone holding your hand and painting maps for you telling you where to stand, when to move and what button to push. Then you would have to wait for 1 year again until Blizzard adds more easy welfare epics for you obtainable by some stupid farming. Enjoy the game.
    Another idiot post from you, nomind.

There are plenty of people who will raid and aren't loot whores to see content than non-raiders do not get to see. There are plenty of smart players who do not hardcore raid. They don't get world firsts but they get to see everything before it's "too late" (xpack). I know a lot of them come up with their own strat w/o spoiling it for themselves via the internets. There will always be strats, Blizzard would have to remove raids from the game before raiding actually disappeared because of these "welfare casual epics".

Does Shaani sell designs for those gems also. It seems so from the pic, but I can't tell if it's from rep or simply for the 6g it costs

I dont really care myself about "free gems" for everyone. In past you was able to buy them from guilds that sells them, and now you will be just able to get some alternative.
    Its like what you prefere - farm few hours and buy it for gold, or go farm badges and lose even more time and get it for badges.

I also cant understand some whinning about those "casuals". As HC raider myself i just accept and welcome new gear for them. I know that i will get better quality gear from Sunwell Plateua instance, so why bother. Also all new loot that you can get from badges isnt better then my currient t6. Its even more worse. Even with same item lvl...

And i undestood long time ago that gear can give you something, but you will not get any skill from it.
    for example:
    You can spend 400 badges and equip your warrior so he will be able to tank archimonde... but you will get feared and raid will wipe becorse of you...

PS.
    We had same "gear buff" patch before tbc with warlord gear for everyone, and then it became useless becorse of tbc release... so same will be with all this badge/crafting imba loot in WoLK...

Fine thats will be nice.

Know someone about if there stones are soulbound???
    It would be nice there are not, because I could buy them with my tank and make the stones with my rouge.

What's wrong with you people? Seriously, I don't get it.
    You'll get loads of badges when 2.4 hits!
    Aren't you happy that you'll be able to be independent and don't have to wait on drops?
    Don't you strife for the perfect gear?

It's so ridiculous to be jealous at "casuals".
    They can farm heroics and kara for badges, right.
    But what can they do with their uber badge rewards?
    They continue to farm kara and heroics.
    Is is that what you want? Farming kara and heroics over and over and over again? Never see any new encounter?

It's pathetic to be jealous at "casuals". You should pity them, because all they can do is the same stuff over and over again.
    ViktorVaughn - Nightelf Rogue - EU-Mal'Ganis

D.E.H.T.A. is outside my house picnicin' 'cuz everything in my coat's been previously livin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Osukra
    Know someone about if there stones are soulbound???
    It would be nice there are not, because I could buy them with my tank and make the stones with my rouge.
    You pretty much answered your question there mate.
    They should be boe like the ones you get from BT/MH, doesn't make much sense otherwise.

Sry didn´t read the whole post.

But thats cool my jewelcrafter will make them and my tank orkse will get the stones thats cool.

It's not about casual vs hardcore. It's about downgrading the rewards for success.

YAY! You killed Vashj! Have a Gold Medal! We're downgrading that gold medal to bronze next patch.

Think of it, there is no reason to give out all the items that were previously accessible to only those who do MH/BT. It's the same reasons that people use to describe "why shouldn't casuals".

When you raid, you compete against Blizzard's content team and yourself.

Why shouldn't you get BT quality gear?
    It's not because other people cleared it. It's because you can not coordinate yourself to beat the premade encounters! If you don't accomplish anything, why should you get the rewards for it?

This isn't PvP, where gear levels need to be kept similar to provide a competative progressive environment. This is about the rewards for accomplishments being handed out to people who didn't accomplish anything.

P.S. "Casuals" will have nearly the same BoJ income as raiders, since the raid bosses will likely drop the same number of badges per person regardless of tier.

P.P.S. I'm a semi-casual raider. We struggle with Kael and Vashj. We don't think it's OK for us to go into MH before those two are dead.