Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: 2.4 Changes final compilation [Beta]

Borderland Fortress Grips are on the Felmyst loot table and the Trash Drops loot table. I think Trash Drops is the correct one.

Essence of the Immortals is listed in the Twin Eredars loot table. I'm not sure if this is wrong since Tigole's information about the removal of the quest chain's rewards is somewhat vague.

woot!! cyclone nerf!!! wonderful!!

finally

cyclone -> cyclone -> roots -> feral bash -> roots -> cyclone -> cyclone

will become

cyclone / intercept, devastate devastate execute

The change to prevent abilities from breaking CC wasn't completely reverted.

"Avenger's Shield" still has that change, which is awesome -- it makes it much easier for a tankadin to pull after a sap. And a couple of weapons also still have the change, which is nice as they're not under conscious player control.

But they took it off all straight-up DPS abilities, yeah.

Looks like the turn evil change didn't go live :s Well the tooltip hasn't changed at least :s

the changes made to spells like multi-shot or chain lightning to avoid breaking CC spells have been removed.

F-F-F-F-Freakin' aye, that sucks.

Did the changes to Life Tap not make it in? God, I hope so.

FYI

Shivering Felspine (Polearm) drops from trash in Sunwell Plateau. We had 2 drop tonight already.

that shaman offhand fist weapon is FUCKING TERRIBLE

If anything, rogue weapons that look like shaman armor?

Quote Originally Posted by xxdrew
    that shaman offhand fist weapon is FUCKING TERRIBLE

If anything, rogue weapons that look like shaman armor?
    Agreed. The main hand is nice, but what the hell is/was Blizzard thinking?
    "Shaman aren't normalized, and rely primarily on Windfury.... so let's give them a fast offhand to compensate for the need of a slow mainhand! I'm a normalization genius!"

Why is it a shaman offhand because it has similiar looks to a shaman set far predating SWP? The speeds and bonuses are very much rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by dfjdejulio
    The change to prevent abilities from breaking CC wasn't completely reverted.

"Avenger's Shield" still has that change, which is awesome -- it makes it much easier for a tankadin to pull after a sap. And a couple of weapons also still have the change, which is nice as they're not under conscious player control.

But they took it off all straight-up DPS abilities, yeah.
    Yeah, cause pallies needed to have an easier time...

Bloody kindergarten if you ask me. Where's the logic? Oh I forgot, Blizz left logic behind with TBC.....

Quote Originally Posted by Izichial
    Why is it a shaman offhand because it has similiar looks to a shaman set far predating SWP? The speeds and bonuses are very much rogue.
    My money is that the set bonus scales with spell damage anyway.
    Anyway, it matches our T5 set in looks. Why the hell would they do that if it were a weapon intended mainly for rogues and Fury Warriors? I know that's how it turned out, but I'd like to hear the logic behind that.

I don't really see how you can call the "fists of fury" a shaman set.
    It's rogues if anything, but most rogues won't touch it either. Swords are far superior unless you don't intend to spec combat.

Shamans need a slow offhand and a slow mainhand, due to windfury mechanics. It's horrible for shamans.
    Warriors "might" go for it, but they have the same issue as shamans, they need a slow offhand, not a fast one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yasuhiko
    My money is that the set bonus scales with spell damage anyway.
    And thus will be nerfed after two weeks after someone makes a thread on it on the official forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Yasuhiko
    Anyway, it matches our T5 set in looks. Why the hell would they do that if it were a weapon intended mainly for rogues and Fury Warriors? I know that's how it turned out, but I'd like to hear the logic behind that.
    Fury warriors make good use of slow weapons as well, but there is already a slow offhand available (Mounting Vengeance)... the most logical thing would IMO be to change the agility -> strength, make the OH 2.7 as well, and redo Mounting Vengeance to cater to rogues.

Bbr has some valid points but they CAN, to the best of my knowledge, make use of faster offhands, it's basically the flurry 'feature' vs slightly more rage, not sure if either of them is defenitely better at this level of raiding.

Heh, I'd gladly give up Mounting Vengeance for that OH being 2.7 speed.
    But yeah, I know Fury warriors that argue both slow and fast OH, and both do very well for themselves. I mean, if Blizzard decided to de-normalize us, or buffed Flametongue some (to the point where WF/FT beat WF/WF, but FT wasn't Mh viable) maybe. Even then, as I put in the other thread, 1.5 isn't a good speed for FT, either.

What didn't go for Chain Lightning and Multi Shot to not break CC, is still valid for Avengers Shield. Can't wait to try it out.

I just felt I had to comment on a patch note that I've only just seen, after reading the notes in the little updating box, because I'm that bored.

"Ogri'la Peacekeeper's weapons have been scaled to a size more appropriate for keeping the peace."

are the new pvp mounts already in?
    ViktorVaughn - Nightelf Rogue - EU-Mal'Ganis

D.E.H.T.A. is outside my house picnicin' 'cuz everything in my coat's been previously livin'!

Well while doing the daily quests on the isle I found a Talasit (you know the rare blue gem) while pickpocketing

All I found before the patch was sometimes a green gem, I don´t know if thats new, but that was the first time I found a blue gem in pockets.

ok listen the fuck up

I havent seen anything about this anywhere, But the half-time for cast meta gem got changed significantly. It now reduces casting time by about 1/6 (estimated, my 1.5 sec cast became 1.25) and can be used for the whole duration, not just for one spell. I also believe the CD for it was shortened. Anyway, RIP my soul fire