Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

To all the people who says that higher personal rating is great because only the pro people will have it, can you honestly say you need much more skill to get 2200rating then get 2000rating? I promise you, there are alot of teams that can't get 2200 rating, not because they aren't skilled, but because when they play they might only meet their antisetups etc. And before you come and tell me to l2p cause Im stuck at 2k rating or w/e you wanna say to me, I played 5v5 and 3v3 in s2 up to ~2350 rating in both the brackets. And I can honestly say, atleast for 3v3, that the teams we met at 2200-2300rating, usually weren't any different, then the teams we met at 1900-2000rating. I could agree though, that there is a wall, if you compare the top 20teams in 3v3, and top 10 teams in 5v5, to the 2k-2,3k rated ppl in those brackets.

To make this post abit shorter, all I wanted to say is, personal rating is quite rubbish imo, cause lets be honest, the biggest reason why some teams gets higher ratings then others is because they get lucky and meet lots of easy setups to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackburn
    News flash, it takes 10-20 weeks (often more) to get 2200 rating and get FIVE ppl 1 piece of gear,....
    So after "10-20" weeks you have only enough arena points to buy "1 piece of gear"?

Rrrrrrrrrright.

And you seem to forget that you do not just run into BT and kill illidan. You have to farm kara, farm SSC/TK and finally progress through BT/MH. That takes a good deal longer than "10-20 weeks".

And !THEN! you have to spend another 10-20 weeks to get everyone in your raid fully equipped.

Unless you want to suggest to introduce a limit so people can only buy one arena epic per week? Now THAT would make things interesting.

Which reminds me of something:
    There might be only xxx teams of arena rating of 2200+, but you are blissfully ignoring a little fact: you only need that rating to *buy* the items, not to *use* them.
    Your numbers would only be valid if you had to stay at that rating. But you don't. YOu can reach that rating, buy the items, and fall back to a less stressful 2000 one or even lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykhe
    So after "10-20" weeks you have only enough arena points to buy "1 piece of gear"?

Rrrrrrrrrright.

And you seem to forget that you do not just run into BT and kill illidan. You have to farm kara, farm SSC/TK and finally progress through BT/MH. That takes a good deal longer than "10-20 weeks".

And !THEN! you have to spend another 10-20 weeks to get everyone in your raid fully equipped.

Unless you want to suggest to introduce a limit so people can only buy one arena epic per week? Now THAT would make things interesting.

Which reminds me of something:
    There might be only xxx teams of arena rating of 2200+, but you are blissfully ignoring a little fact: you only need that rating to *buy* the items, not to *use* them.
    Your numbers would only be valid if you had to stay at that rating. But you don't. YOu can reach that rating, buy the items, and fall back to a less stressful 2000 one or even lower.
    Mate it looks that you are doing all activity in wow ONLY for items. Wow is about FUN and something for relax and Items are just REWARDS ;D So try to look on it this way If it is problem fo you to get items from PvE try to do PvP if from PvP then try to do more PvE ... but dont forget --> HAVE FUN <-- ! :-*

Back to raiding....

Quote Originally Posted by Dessimus
    Back to raiding....
    indeed

In golf they give players handicap to keep the game interesting. In WoW they give the best players even more advantage so both the best players and the poor players loose interest (atleast us looking for an exiting, fair fight). I love having my full S3 pawning the most players but sometimes the gap becomes boring where I would like another option. I see the tricky part in creating an environment like that, but still often many things abot competing feels like reverse logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackburn
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...os&n=Blackburn

Come back when you learn how to read.
    Typical isn't it. Warrior talking here about doing both PVE and PVP. Lols Yes your uber good. Again. Dont forget it takes you same skill to get to 1850 as hunter or mage to get to 1600 in 2v2s.

as enh shaman i can said only 1 thing - just whait for woltk nad then forget arena as bad dream.

p.s. want old pvp sistem (whith ranks) back!

whith love from Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by erb
    Every single piece should require a person rating of 2200.
    Illidan won't drop her bow for me if I can't actually kill her, whats different?
    In PvE Illidan doesn't get harder for me to kill after you've killed him.
    In PvP Illidan get harder for me to kill after you've killed him.

This is because in PvP I am competing against you, in PvE I am competing with you.

The difference is really in that, if my competition has better gear than me, it's going to be harder for me to beat that competition than it was for my competition to get that gear in the first place.

Also, the fact that PvP gear work so well in PvE and Blizzard's decision to water-down PvE rewards...

I wish blizzard would just fix the personal ratings issue that is currently plaguing the system. I mean i've recently started a 2v2 (2x Hemo Rogue) team sure I know it's not the best group match up, but here's the thing it doesn't seem to matter regardless when we saw within the first two weeks 9 matchs with teams with full s3 gear. This can be very disheartening especially after dropping gold to make a team to be against somewhat evenly matched teams. I'm in 3/5 s1 with s1 weapons and s3 offset gear, my partner which hasn't been in the arena since s2 started has a great deal of s2/s2 offset. We both started with 1500 individual rating and our first three matchs were against 3 teams that had personal ratings of 1750+ how can this be fun at all. Another question how can this be legit if in fact the arena system did work properly. We've recorded every match and recorded their ratings along with ours hell we've even joined the server to bs with them after a close match.

I have no issues with 2k weap/2.2k shoulder rating I think it's a privilege to be able to get those items and they should be earned not just afked for like the current bg'ing system. My honest opinion is regardless if you quit a team you should keep your highest personal rating and it should be applied to any new team. That way if you go out and make a new team you have to fight against ppl evenly matched by ratings, I would have no issues doing 2k rating if I had gotten there once in that season.

Several good points have been exposed,

For me, there is no problems to have rating on items.
    Everyone knows how hard it is to rise a good arena rating (without PL), so those who achieve that, diserve a "special reward"

But maybe blizard could split and limit matchs according to the rating. Matching between slices of rating like : 1400 to 1850 then 1850 to 2000 and finnaly 2k+

A team witch has rised 1850, and which have acces to new arms, cannot fall with team under 1850 which is still fighting in S1/S2.

This just to try to get the same level of equality, like teams surrounding 2200, which all have the same gear and where, just, the skill makes the difference.

Need a bit more fairlyness / Equality, just to rise because a team has some skills rather than rise because it's overstuff.

And also find a way, to stop the Power levelling in arena, just to avoid to have full S3 in 1450 teams ( just for exemple: require personnal rating 2000, cannot be use in 2000 minus team rating or something like that )

Probably impossible to realise, i aggree.

(Sorry if my english is not that good :/ )

id like to see the shoulders at 2100 personally. 2200 is approaching gladiator status in some BGs. Just seems a bit too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Balbaroy
    id like to see the shoulders at 2100 personally. 2200 is approaching gladiator status in some BGs. Just seems a bit too high.
    Well isn't the Gladiator 5% of top teams?

The Death Knight is supposedly a "hero class." Heroes are out slaying dragons, not screwing around in gladiator combat. They can totally suck at PvP for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    Well isn't the Gladiator 5% of top teams?
    .5%

I agree that facing people in full s3 at 1500-1700 rating is lame and there is an easy way to fix it. Why do you think you see all those full s3 teams at low rating? Cuz they are selling arena pts... How to fix it? So easy. Instead of taking the team rating to give the points every tuesday, do it separatly for every player in the team. Take their lower rating (team or PR) and give them pts.

Let's say a full s3 war/druid start a 2s team to sell it. They bring it up to 2k and sell it to scrubs in green. They play 3 or 10 games (depending on how they selling pts) and will probably lose all of them and their personnal rating will be like 1480 or something like that. Now on tuesday, the 2 people that bought pts should receive pts for their shitty 1480 personnal rating. That would end ALL the full s3 teams in the 1500-1700 brackets.

I know someone already suggested to give the entire team the pts for the lowest rating in the team but I think that would be too much. Let's say my arena partner stop playing (our team is at 1.9k) and i have to replace him. Why should I do less pts for a few weeks...

AND stop comparing how easier it is to get arena gear vs pve gear, it's totally not the same game... If you're a raider who complains that arena gear is easier to get then GO ARENA AND STOP SPAMMING 222232222322223...

Quote Originally Posted by Quickshadow
    Let's say a full s3 war/druid start a 2s team to sell it. They bring it up to 2k and sell it to scrubs in green. They play 3 or 10 games (depending on how they selling pts) and will probably lose all of them and their personnal rating will be like 1480 or something like that. Now on tuesday, the 2 people that bought pts should receive pts for their shitty 1480 personnal rating. That would end ALL the full s3 teams in the 1500-1700 brackets.

I know someone already suggested to give the entire team the pts for the lowest rating in the team but I think that would be too much. Let's say my arena partner stop playing (our team is at 1.9k) and i have to replace him. Why should I do less pts for a few weeks...
    Yeah. I agree with ya, good idea.!

Btw, anyone else thinks Season 4 Warrior Set looks F*CKING UGLY!!!??? I'm serious..I'm gonna be buying all those pieces and change into them right before arena. Otherwise i'll be wearing my Season 3 around..

Wasnt it mentioned that the way they're fixing it is like

For 5v5 bracket, for each new person that joins the team, the team looses 100 arena rating.
    For 5v5 bracket, your personal rating can not go 150-200pts higher than the team rating.
    The points you gain each week are based off your personal rating now?

Those scale respectively for the other 2 brackets (like losing 200 pts per person on a 2v2).

Wasn't that posted somewhere as the intended change being pushed through to stop point selling?

Quote Originally Posted by Quickshadow
    AND stop comparing how easier it is to get arena gear vs pve gear, it's totally not the same game... If you're a raider who complains that arena gear is easier to get then GO ARENA AND STOP SPAMMING 222232222322223...
    Ignoring an imbalance neither does remove it nor does make it go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    Typical isn't it. Warrior talking here about doing both PVE and PVP. Lols Yes your uber good. Again. Dont forget it takes you same skill to get to 1850 as hunter or mage to get to 1600 in 2v2s.

don't forget it takes tons of skill for a hunter to pair with a druid to hit 2k+ or a mage to pair with a rogue and hit 2k+ either. learn to play class combinations that work and quit crying.