Poll: Most skilled class?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Serov
    skill dependent? mage would have to be it. lil squishies just run around casting fireballs till a rogue kills them in 5 seconds.
    *2 seconds
    8 weeks ban for repeated violation of the signature guidelines.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    survivability has nothing to do with skill, in 5v5 warlocks have loads of jobs to do, keeping curse of tongues on many targets, dots on the focused target which is to die, and fearing a healer/keeping an eye when to spell lock/death coil, and ofc prepare for the nuke at the same time
    Yep, this all looks hard, but it isn't. I don't play lock myself but done it a couple of times and seriously..it isn't hard..

Quote Originally Posted by Gundulor
    What makes you say a mage is harder than a warlock? I fail to understand why people find it so hard to run from melee with all kinds of snares, roots and CC. As far as dps goes, all that's required is a quick freeze and a frostbolt spam. Counterspell and poly may be a tad tricky, but fear and the fel hunter silence are no easier to use. Mages may be less successful in 2v2, but I find it hard to declare them a more difficult class.
    I gave it as an example anyway, maybe a bad one ok. But let's take it this way:

When class A is dueling class B, and then class A wins, that doesn't make class B harder or class A easier to play. So with this type of dueling ( 2 ppl dueling vs each other with all classes ) will NOT give a good view of which class is harder.

Or if you take a Warrior vs Frostmage. A normal Frostmage would always win, but if the warrior is skilled the warrior still makes a good chance. So if 1 guy is good with a warrior and the other one isn't with a mage, the warrior wins and that does make mage harder to play? This just doesn't feels right does it?

Imo,every class is "the most skill dependant".

in b4 loldruid or lockwut.

I have played almost every class at HIGH LEVEL pvp successfully.
    Of course,some specs may be unorthadox and harder to master,but sure,its possible.

Its a learning curve,not a "skill",and synergy between partners.

^
    Opinion byzeewai.

WARLOCK

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by the_b4ll
    WARLOCK
    Explain?

I have a 70 of all classes aside shamans, paladins, and warriors.

Aside them, I would say Mages are the hardest to play correctly. Gods' speed to them.

Anyone who voted for classes other than Shaman, Warlock and Mage are the people who have a hard time playing their own class, regardless of how easy or straightforward it is, but yet they still manage to completely mess things for themselves, which is sadly a majority of the player base, and a majority of the posters here (ie. OMFG Paladins are the weakest look at how many Paladins there are above 2000 rating). Please, Paladins aren't hard to use or skill-dependent, they just need to be tweaked.

Take this advice from a Merciless Gladiator that has 58k gold without having done any daily quest or PvE progression past normal ramparts (Yes, I sell teams that I raise myself to noobs like you who beg me for it), Mages are the most skill-dependent, and just because you need to "use your cooldowns wisely" like any above-average Rogue out there (just because you have full S1 running in AV doesn't make you above-average. for me, above average is 2100+), doesn't make you good or make your class more skill-dependent than any other.

Oh, and did I mention I'm from BG9? Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpace
    Wait.. how should I put it?

Congratulations!

No, no that would be wrong..

YOU EPICLY FAIL.

That's it!

Anyone who voted for classes other than Shaman, Warlock and Mage are the people who have a hard time playing their own class, regardless of how easy or straightforward it is, but yet they still manage to completely mess things for themselves, which is sadly a majority of the player base, and a majority of the posters here (ie. OMFG Paladins are the weakest look at how many Paladins there are above 2000 rating). Please, Paladins aren't hard to use or skill-dependent, they just need to be tweaked.

Take this advice from a Merciless Gladiator that has 58k gold without having done any daily quest or PvE progression past normal ramparts (Yes, I sell teams that I raise myself to noobs like you who beg me for it), Mages are the most skill-dependent, and just because you need to "use your cooldowns wisely" like any above-average Rogue out there (just because you have full S1 running in AV doesn't make you above-average. for me, above average is 2100+), doesn't make you good or make your class more skill-dependent than any other.

Wewt, Well i'm from Bg: Conviction ^^, and i play at 1800 rating, Nice to meat you (Conviction eu)

MacD

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    "Warlock"

Explain?
    Warlock in 5's is pretty dam complex keeping an eye on all targets at same time
    Destro Warlock is on same difficulty as a frost mage
    SL/SL Warlock in 2's and 3's is one of the "easier" class/specs to play, mostly the success comes from the locks healer (druid)

I think thats what he means, the poll is too vague to be specific like this.

Alright, I made an account on mmo-champion just to say my opinions because some of these arguments are so retarded.

I'll have to agree with everyone and say mage is that hardest to play just because there are so many things a mage has to do perfectly to survive or at least win in an arena. It may look easy and powerful, but it's actually pretty hard to be really good. Next, I would have to say a hunter is the hardest to play. I hate how everyone is saying how overpowered a hunter is with the amount of cc he has and damage he can pump out. If anyone has played a hunter in any kind of arena, they'll notice how dependant they are in their other teammates. Yea, sure any bm hunter in welfare epics can beat almost anyone in 1v1 if they know how to press "big red" and get far enough to shoot the guy. And any non artard can stay in one spot and spam steady shot, but what are the chance's someone will leave a hunter to shoot people in the face? In any kind of arena, it's totally different.

To everyone that is saying that hunters can pump out a ton of damage, please reroll and hunter and try doing 1k dps with a rogue/warrior on your nuts. Or even try getting away from a warrior with your frost trap up and scattershoting him. Here's some simple math for you guys.

Spamstring = 50% or 60% speed reduction (I don't exactly know off the top of my head)
    Frost trap or wing clip = 50% - 60% speed reduction
    Scatter shot = 3 seconds without the warrior on your nuts

Okay, so if you have all those up on the warrior, you pretty much run at 150% speed for one second to simplify things. Now if you walk directly straight away from him, you might be able to get 1 or 2 shots off (auto + arcane). If you happen to get far enough from the warrior to continuously shoot him, then congrats, but now you have to make sure you're close enough to the warrior so he can't charge you and far enough so he can't smack you. If you're too close or too far, you'll just get spamstrung and you'll have to wait for your 20-30 second CC cooldowns to finish. WOW now I understand how powerful and hunter's CC is. IMO I would rather have a 10 second fear with a 1.5 second casttime that doesn't have a CD instead two CCs with 20-30 second cooldowns, one of which is in a talent tree.

I didn't even complain about the los issues for hunters in this reply. O.O

P.S. for anyone who said warrior and warlock takes the most skill, you guys are seriously... well I'm sure you know what you are. How hard is it to grab someone's nuts and spam hamstring, whirlwind, and mortal strike? How hard it is to tab, dot, dot, dot and hump a pole? These are the two classes that have the most survivalbility also, so no one should be complaining on how fast they die. (Sword and board + defensive stance and void shield + siphon life + soulink + health stone)

Sorry if there are any spelling errors. =D

it's clearly a shadowpriest Q_Q

Quote Originally Posted by MacD
    Warlock in 5's is pretty dam complex keeping an eye on all targets at same time
    Destro Warlock is on same difficulty as a frost mage
    SL/SL Warlock in 2's and 3's is one of the "easier" class/specs to play, mostly the success comes from the locks healer (druid)

I think thats what he means, the poll is too vague to be specific like this.
    Yes, you don't spec SL/SL, I won't spec Frost.

Yes, you spec Destro, I spec Arcane. Hell, why don't we get the Warriors and the Paladins to spec Protection, and the Priests to spec Light Well, and the Druids to put enough points in every tree to consider themselves officially retarded?

Is Destruction a viable spec? Yes. Is Demonology a viable spec? Yes. Is Affliction a viable spec? Yes. If I mix Affliction and Demonology, or Destruction and Demonology, will I get viable specs? Yes.

Is Frost a viable spec? Yes. Is Fire a viable spec? No. Is Arcane a viable spec? No. If I mix Arcane and Fire, or Arcane and Frost, will I get viable specs? In the 1200-1450 bracket, definitely.

The question is what is the most skill-dependent class in World of Warcraft player versus player, not what is the most skill-dependent spec in World of Warcraft player versus player. You have SL/SL, but if you feel like you're "gimping" yourself (or if you're up for a "challenge") by taking on a different spec, then that's your fault. Mages have one viable tree in high-end arena, no other classes are pidgeon-holed like this. Learn to comprehend and learn to think.

End of story, good day.

Shamans have the inane ability to have copious amounts of spells. For example at 70 i have about 10-11 pages in my spell book in the enhance tree alone. My bottom left and right actionbars are full of totems (I couldn't put some in) and all have different effects, easily dispel-able and combination intensive to surrounding group members. Warriors have what 2 pages in any tree?

Pally, Warlocks and Mages have the same problem... Everything being so situational.
    I would say the same about druids but with their stance dancing auto actionbar changing blizz made it easy same thing with Priests. Rogues, hunters and Warriors just need to stay in the right spot keeping main damage dealer moves and incapacitaters close to finger and watch their position relative to the target.

Yes, you don't spec SL/SL, I won't spec Frost.

Yes, you spec Destro, I spec Arcane. Hell, why don't we get the Warriors and the Paladins to spec Protection, and the Priests to spec Light Well, and the Druids to put enough points in every tree to consider themselves officially retarded?

Is Destruction a viable spec? Yes. Is Demonology a viable spec? Yes. Is Affliction a viable spec? Yes. If I mix Affliction and Demonology, or Destruction and Demonology, will I get viable specs? Yes.

Is Frost a viable spec? Yes. Is Fire a viable spec? No. Is Arcane a viable spec? No. If I mix Arcane and Fire, or Arcane and Frost, will I get viable specs? In the 1200-1450 bracket, definitely.

The question is what is the most skill-dependent class in World of Warcraft player versus player, not what is the most skill-dependent spec in World of Warcraft player versus player. You have SL/SL, but if you feel like you're "gimping" yourself (or if you're up for a "challenge") by taking on a different spec, then that's your fault. Mages have one viable tree in high-end arena, no other classes are pidgeon-holed like this. Learn to comprehend and learn to think.

End of story, good day.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ine&n=Pigvomit

Pigvomit - 34/27/0

2v2 2424
    5v5 2230

And yes, he plays arena with that spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiderman
    Alright, I made an account on mmo-champion just to say my opinions because some of these arguments are so retarded.

I'll have to agree with everyone and say mage is that hardest to play just because there are so many things a mage has to do perfectly to survive or at least win in an arena. It may look easy and powerful, but it's actually pretty hard to be really good. Next, I would have to say a hunter is the hardest to play. I hate how everyone is saying how overpowered a hunter is with the amount of cc he has and damage he can pump out. If anyone has played a hunter in any kind of arena, they'll notice how dependant they are in their other teammates. Yea, sure any bm hunter in welfare epics can beat almost anyone in 1v1 if they know how to press "big red" and get far enough to shoot the guy. And any non artard can stay in one spot and spam steady shot, but what are the chance's someone will leave a hunter to shoot people in the face? In any kind of arena, it's totally different.

To everyone that is saying that hunters can pump out a ton of damage, please reroll and hunter and try doing 1k dps with a rogue/warrior on your nuts. Or even try getting away from a warrior with your frost trap up and scattershoting him. Here's some simple math for you guys.

Spamstring = 50% or 60% speed reduction (I don't exactly know off the top of my head)

Okay, so if you have all those up on the warrior, you pretty much run at 150% speed for one second to simplify things. Now if you walk directly straight away from him, you might be able to get 1 or 2 shots off (auto + arcane). If you happen to get far enough from the warrior to continuously shoot him, then congrats, but now you have to make sure you're close enough to the warrior so he can't charge you and far enough so he can't smack you. If you're too close or too far, you'll just get spamstrung and you'll have to wait for your 20-30 second CC cooldowns to finish. WOW now I understand how powerful and hunter's CC is. IMO I would rather have a 10 second fear with a 1.5 second casttime that doesn't have a CD instead two CCs with 20-30 second cooldowns, one of which is in a talent tree.

P.S. for anyone who said warrior and warlock takes the most skill, you guys are seriously... well I'm sure you know what you are. How hard is it to grab someone's nuts and spam hamstring, whirlwind, and mortal strike? How hard it is to tab, dot, dot, dot and hump a pole? These are the two classes that have the most survivalbility also, so no one should be complaining on how fast they die. (Sword and board + defensive stance and void shield + siphon life + soulink + health stone)

i agree with 99% of what you said here but warlocks in some brackets of arena (not 2v2 -,-) are hard to play!
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Quote Originally Posted by Hiderman

99% ? 150% for me ... This man speaks the truth, im sorry for all the others...

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimtang
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ine&n=Pigvomit

Pigvomit - 34/27/0

2v2 2424
    5v5 2230

And yes, he plays arena with that spec.
    Congratulations for being the biggest dumbass since that jew that booted Hitler from art school.

Congratulations for being the biggest dumbass since that jew that booted Hitler from art school.
    And why am I a dumbass? I just showed you a pom pyro mage at 2400 rating in 2v2 after you said mages only have on viable spec. You said that arc/fire is not viable past 1450. I've proven you wrong.

So he cant go on 2xxx and then spec fire :