Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Season 5 Gear.. What exactly happened to the look..

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=821

Ewww.. "Shudders"

It looks like someone took a massive dump on the gear. Why don't we get the cool newly touched up tier 3 look too? Im not going to PvE that much but I don't wanna look like im wearing blues and greens either. If I have a epic tier = too the pve equivilent then I think I should look just like them but in a different color.

Re: Season 5 Gear.. What exactly happened to the look..

I kind a like it, plain and simple. Imo arena gear should have always been a bit less flashy, after all it`s not a fashion show.

PvP gear will be able to be recognized at first glance since it is now uniform...

I personally like it since now people have to actually work to get good looking gear instead of abusing an imbalance to get near-the-same looking gear...

Season 1,2,3,4 have all been modeled after the tier it fits into. Having plain, dull, and boring gear is meh. Personally I like looking like a badass. I wear my season 2 gear with S3 shoulders cause it looks the best. I guarentee majority of people will be upset to find out that their gear isn't gonna look like the cool Tier 3 stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RakkaKaze
    PvP gear will be able to be recognized at first glance since it is now uniform...

I personally like it since now people have to actually work to get good looking gear instead of abusing an imbalance to get near-the-same looking gear...
    They changed it. You have to have ratings to get arena gear. Since this is the case now then it should look the same imo. It's pretty BS as far as im concerned. We should at least have cool looking PvP gear opposed to something from level 30 look.

S5 doesn't start till mid December, hopefully blizzard will put some more work into the models

This is due to having too many people PvPing and looking just like people doing high end raiding without even stepping into a raid. PvE'rs complained about getting 'cool' looking gear without doing any work(lose 10 match per week) So blizz is separating the models completely.

I wouldn`t care if it would look like i`m wearing just a sock, tho retexturing the new pvp sets wouldn`t hurt but leave the god damn spikes and feathers away from those.

Quote Originally Posted by elementz
    They changed it. You have to have ratings to get arena gear. Since this is the case now then it should look the same imo. It's pretty BS as far as im concerned. We should at least have cool looking PvP gear opposed to something from level 30 look.
    And people STILL would abuse something to get to those ratings/points easymode style.

Deleted

Yeah, like killing Vashj and Kael was the same thing as afking in AV.

If you want a set that looks like t7, then get t7. If you're only planning to PVP then this is what you get.

Edit: I personally like the warrior set. It's one of those few sets that actually looks like plate and not a wacky combination of plastic / spandex / wood.

PvP gear looks really plain.

Although I enjoy that they're actually taking the time to make different skins for different sets they could have put a bit more imagination into both. Recolored T3 and pvp skins that look very ordinary aren't very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartikowski
    PvP gear looks really plain.

Although I enjoy that they're actually taking the time to make different skins for different sets they could have put a bit more imagination into both. Recolored T3 and pvp skins that look very ordinary aren't very fun.
    You look at your shiny new polygonal rear... I'm going to look at my prospective next kill...

Quote Originally Posted by Alesthes

If you want a set that looks like t7, then get t7. If you're only planning to PVP then this is what you get.

Edit: I personally like the warrior set. It's one of those few sets that actually looks like plate and not a wacky combination of plastic / spandex / wood.
    the higher tier of season 5 should still look good i mean you have to actually work and get a higher raiting for some of the parts and fair enough the gear should look diffrent form the pve gear but that dosnt mean it has to look so shit!

Good Lord... People QQ that the PvP gear looks just like the PvE gear. Now, Blizzard makes the (reasonable) choice to differentiate the two and people cry about that? If you want raid gear, go raid. If not, sorry. There are plenty of models to choose from if look is your biggest concern.

Things tend to look a bit better in-game anyways.. And a lot of gear looks terrible on the human male model :P Try them out on your character before getting too upset.

The T7 set isn't simply recolored, it is actually a good bit different if you compare the 25-man. The 10-man sets are faaairly close in shape to the old T3, though.

Personally, I'm happy about this. I don't think of pvp gear and pve gear the same, so I don't like having to check whether someone is actually wearing the pve or pvp version of something. Simple recolours weren't enough to differentiate, for me.

The way I like to think of it is like so: People tend to focus on one side of the game or the other. If you're a heavy PvEer and you see someone lounging around in a new tier of raid gear, it means something. You find yourself wondering "What? When did <Thatguild> clear Ulduar?" or something. Instead, now, I tend to ignore it and assume it was some guy who got his pvp shoulders.

I would imagine pvpers want to have pvp-specific status symbols as well.

As for the gear looking a bit meh, well, most of the gear showing up in LK so far is a bit more norse-style in general. It's lower-tech, a bit more brutal- and primitive-looking. The T7 gear is just sort of Blizz making use of their 'recycle naxx' idea, I suspect T8 will be more in line with the rest of the expansion.

Not to mention, S5 is going to be pretty chaotic as arena goes, with a number of already-known imbalances potentially making it trivial for some chars to get their ratings. It's not a bad idea to limit how cool the rewards are, given that.

Quote Originally Posted by RakkaKaze
    You look at your shiny new polygonal rear... I'm going to look at my prospective next kill...
    Have fun looking at their shiny new polygonal rears?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartikowski
    Have fun looking at their shiny new polygonal rears?

Yes... SILENCE! My leg hurts from standing all day and I'm sidetracked drawing and wondering how the hell I'm going to stay awake to drive home after getting my copy O_o

I have no problem with the PvP sets looking different to PvE gear, I am glad about that, but I do think they should follow the same rules as 10 - 25 man gear, while being pretty much the same looking set they have slight changes to make the 25 man stand out that bit more.

The Savage, Hateful and Deadly all look exactly the same but with a colour change.
    IMO this is pretty poor and the odd spike or blade on a piece of armor extra not just a recolouring would be much appreciated to help make the Higher requirement gear stand out.
    Same goes for weapons, small additions would go a long way as far as i'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Alesthes

You don't the same look if you just farm honor sorry XD

I want to look like tier 7 I should have to do something the same skillwise imo. Like 2k rating would be exceptable. I want to look badass. Remeber level 60? ZOMG A ROGUE WITH TF RUN RUN RUN! People actually ran from him because of his gear. Why can't I get the same effect from my gear from knowing I have Season 5 looking like tier 7 just green or something.

Personally, I'm happy about this. I don't think of pvp gear and pve gear the same, so I don't like having to check whether someone is actually wearing the pve or pvp version of something. Simple recolours weren't enough to differentiate, for me.

The way I like to think of it is like so: People tend to focus on one side of the game or the other. If you're a heavy PvEer and you see someone lounging around in a new tier of raid gear, it means something. You find yourself wondering "What? When did <Thatguild> clear Ulduar?" or something. Instead, now, I tend to ignore it and assume it was some guy who got his pvp shoulders.
    Actually? I found it pretty easy. Shaman tier 6 was blue and season 3 was red. Pretty obvious which was which.