Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lvl 80 Cookie Cutter War spec, Im callin it

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...12050100000000

There it is, craptastic as the warrior changes have been they have given pvp/arena warriors only one option IMO.

Unless deep fury winds up doing so much damage that it makes up for 50% extra healing (lol i seriously doubt it) then here is the lvl 80 warrior spec.

Alot of it its random based on whatever you want, 4/5 shouts or bloodcraze. Imp slam or imp execute.

Im banking on this from this build tho.

- Massive increases all around to % damage via : Weapon spec/2h spec/Frenzy
    - Possible point of having wounds/bloodbath on someone actually doing damage IE why i put 1 pt trashed into Trama
    - warriors having 2 instant attacks : MS (must have) and Bloodthirst being a good damage and healing boost
    - Imp execute working with sudden death to provide a massive amount of random burst : Build 100 rage auto swing to get the proc, execute
    - Needing imp intercept
    - Needing deathwish
    - Needing a 2h weapon spec
    - Needing MS
    - Being viable in arena

Thats my argument for the spec and I really see no other way around it. I welcome scrutiny and argument but please be constructive and show me a different possible spec for my 80 warrior.

Re: Lvl 80 Cookie Cutter War spec, Im callin it

Doesn't BT and MS share the cooldown? Means you have to choose eather to use MS or BT once in 6sec.

The fact that you use Axe/polearm makes me skeptic .. and I think the previous poster is right about MS and BTs shared cooldown.. :-\
    "Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I'm the baddest motherfucker in the whole damn valley."

What does that matter?

Obviously having both would be a major contributor to situational gameplay. Being focused you could bloodthirst.

But, to give you the main reason, If your going to have to go basically 21 no less into fury for deathwish. And then 2 more for disarm talents, and then flurry outways the worthless trash deep arms. Why not pickup bloodthirst for extra utility and damage?

Its mainly having both to use as an option that is a plus, Not like your going to be spamming bloodthirst.

Quote Originally Posted by Loliiten
    The fact that you use Axe/polearm makes me skeptic .. and I think the previous poster is right about MS and BTs shared cooldown.. :-\
    6 sec cd on mace stun/sword spec

wf no longer a weapon buff for war to wf/sword spec lotto someone

buff to 5% dmg and 5% crit with axes. Imo it will outway a 6 sec cd that will be minimal help. As of now mace stun is gamebreaking because of what happens to my druid.

Mace stun - crit
    Mace stun - Crit
    Mace stun - crit execute

Yes it happens and yes it loses you games. I dont think I have ever lost or won because of ONE mace stun. Things that led up to that won or lost the game. But multiple now thats different, and thats being changed.

Thats my reasoning.

BT and MS share the same cooldown. Furthermore, the build you've proposed is just complete garbage. And..well, Poleaxe is the best weapon spec come WOTLK.

And I'll explain why:

Bloodletting is amazing with 3 points. Trauma is amazing with 2 points in it. You see where I'm going?
    Deep Wounds+Rend+Bloodbath on a target will give us a substantial amount of damage, especially with Trauma, Blood Frenzy, and Blood Letting.

Imp. Execute is a fine talent. Sudden Death is a trash talent. When you execute a target you lose all your rage- so then you're standing there, waiting for a 3.5+ swing to give you the rage you need to hamstring/piercing howl/mortal strike again.

Your spec is terrible in arenas, too.

Here's a good PvE build:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...12053000000000

Here's a good PvP build:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...12050000000000

Of course, the PvP build isn't optimal at all, but think a little before you spew garbage.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

thats a fail spec.

Quote Originally Posted by nuMbxx
    6 sec cd on mace stun/sword spec
    Wrong, it's been removed from Sword spec, and only remains on the mace specc..
    "Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I'm the baddest motherfucker in the whole damn valley."

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...12050100000000

There it is, craptastic as the warrior changes have been they have given pvp/arena warriors only one option IMO.

Unless deep fury winds up doing so much damage that it makes up for 50% extra healing (lol i seriously doubt it) then here is the lvl 80 warrior spec.

Alot of it its random based on whatever you want, 4/5 shouts or bloodcraze. Imp slam or imp execute.

Im banking on this from this build tho.

- Massive increases all around to % damage via : Weapon spec/2h spec/Frenzy
    - Possible point of having wounds/bloodbath on someone actually doing damage IE why i put 1 pt trashed into Trama
    - warriors having 2 instant attacks : MS (must have) and Bloodthirst being a good damage and healing boost
    - Imp execute working with sudden death to provide a massive amount of random burst : Build 100 rage auto swing to get the proc, execute
    - Needing imp intercept
    - Needing deathwish
    - Needing a 2h weapon spec
    - Needing MS
    - Being viable in arena

Thats my argument for the spec and I really see no other way around it. I welcome scrutiny and argument but please be constructive and show me a different possible spec for my 80 warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsaw
    BT and MS share the same cooldown. Furthermore, the build you've proposed is just complete garbage. And..well, Poleaxe is the best weapon spec come WOTLK.

And I'll explain why:

Bloodletting is amazing with 3 points. Trauma is amazing with 2 points in it. You see where I'm going?
    Deep Wounds+Rend+Bloodbath on a target will give us a substantial amount of damage, especially with Trauma, Blood Frenzy, and Blood Letting.

Imp. Execute is a fine talent. Sudden Death is a trash talent. When you execute a target you lose all your rage- so then you're standing there, waiting for a 3.5+ swing to give you the rage you need to hamstring/piercing howl/mortal strike again.

Here's a good PvE build:

Here's a good PvP build:

Of course, the PvP build isn't optimal at all, but think a little before you spew garbage.
    You guys don't know shit about warriors.

Back up what you say, maybe?

i.e. with a proper, constructive post? Seeing as most of our bleeds have gotten rather nice in WotLK, that's the whole basis for the PvE build I posted. PvP, eh, not so much- I just tried to make something rudimentary that works.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    You guys don't know shit about warriors.
    If you're going to be a smartass you might as well back up statements like that with some theories yourself then?

1. Until you can slam on the run , its trash
    2. Until I see the damage from rend and deep wounds, I will change around early arms talents
    3. The potential burst that a random execute has is unmet by anything else, to call it trash basically tells me your ignorant
    4. Deep wounds doesnt consistantly tick on your main target, because crits refresh it, making it worse

I have played a warrior for 3 or more years and I have been 2100 in Bg9 and 2300 on my current bg group. I have played and succeeded in arena with almost every class as I have 5 lvl 70s.

My experience in this game and as a warrior, would lead me to believe that your my friend...the person calling sudden death trash, are an idiot. Please spare me of a reply if your going to be that stupid. Oh and 3 points over in TM. You must be one of those nubs crutching spell reflect macros to be halfway decent in arena. Its totally not needed.

The only point you made, was rend/trama may be a lil better then I know of ( after all im not in beta) other then that you made a joke of yourself trying to tell me whats better in arena (IE: Massive burst or crutching TM and specing SLAM).

Thats failure, L2P.

im sorry Mikec, show me the way to someone who knows warriors.

I have only played one for 3 years and heavily succeeded in playing one.

Should I have spec'd deep in arms for trash? or deep in fury for no MS debuff? or no let me guess PROT.

Fucking 10 year olds trying to berate instead of have a good conversation, And i thought that one guy got me worked up over saying sudden death was trash....

My PvP build completely skips out Slam for that very reason. Slam, on the other hand, is an amazing PvE talent. I told you to read before you spew garbage, and you're obviously just..well, spewing garbage.

Sudden Death is a terrible PvE talent- PvP wise, it's still not that amazing. If you pay any attention to the beta forums, and the live forums you'll notice this. Warriors like Serennia, Emeraude, and a few others have basically said 'Rend is nice', 'Sudden death is shit'. Until you can back up what you say, stop spewing shit.

Furthermore, I said the PvP build was 'rudimentary at best', but I guess you're either retarded or illiterate, huh?

I don't use TM in Arena, I was just tossing 3 extra points over there. If someone really wanted, they could dump it anywhere else in arms to fuck around with it- personally, I stopped caring about PvP in this game once they added arenas.

edit: Oops, Dunno why I threw slam in on the PvP build. Guess I wasn't paying attention.

This is something I'd use, and it's still rudimentary at best:

On top of that, I have a feeling we're talking about two different things here, with you focusing more on PvP and me on PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsaw

And I'll explain why:

Here's a good PvE build:

Here's a good PvP build:

You fail to realize that, currently, Bloodbath has been removed from Bloodletting and the talent has reverted back to Imp Rend only.

Er, they've been changing that randomly left and right. It was removed last beta build, then returned this beta build, iirc.

Or they just changed it back t imp rend. Either way, leaves a couple points open for other shit.

I didnt click your pve link, as i dont care about pve. I clicked the pvp one and saw Tm and Slam... Is my IE jacked or are you mistaken?

I dont care what serrenia says. I make my own decisions in game. I unlike everyone else choose what I do. I like to set my own standard, and choose what I think is best. Too few people do that these days.

Warriors are one of the few classes that have so few good talents that it really doesnt matter where you trash off points to get to things like mace spec or imp intercept or ms.

Example: parry, unbridled wrath, 2h weap spec ( this becomes useful if u continue to stack talent %'s imo )

To make it simple I said "im callin it" as i am betting this is what people go. Did anybody guess people would go MS/Deathwish, uh yea they did and people did. I simply dont see people getting the 1.5 minute cd that people can move away from ne ways... to lose deathwish /flurry/weapon mast

nit picking over rend scaling and changes and trama is not the point.

Also I would think someone dumb to call an ability that would let you execute on demand stupid. Someone executing EVERYTIME is stupid, on demand is pretty viable. Have your warrior gods and experts tell me why its dumb and reason with me instead of taking someones word and being a sheep.

Think for yourself, I do, and its fun try it.

See my 'We're talking about two different things' comment.

I do think for myself, I just use what other people have tested as a basis for it. You have to crit to be able to 'execute on demand', as you say. There's a bit of a difficulty here:

With Hamstring not causing damage anymore, it can't crit, thereby it doesn't trigger Sudden Death. That leaves you with MS, and your 'On swing' attacks to get crits.

But yeah, it's basically two people arguing about two different things- I missed S1 and S2 of arena, came back for S3 and disliked it so I focused more on PvE. Guess we're arguing for no reason~

Think for yourself, I do, and its fun try it.
    And still you try to feed other people your talent spec? Way to have double standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Omican
    And still you try to feed other people your talent spec? Way to have double standards.
    You read an entire array of things I have to say, and pick something out that you believe can berate me. You are a jackass. You have nothing to say to downrate me.

You are who I am talking about. People with no opinion or objective thinking. People who just like to put people down because they are too much of a bitch thereself to speak up or form there own thoughts without someone they admire telling it to them. Spare me of your worthless responces, your trash.

And to the other guy, yea I basically just wanted to get other peoples views on talents and specs and tell and argue why I thought mine was good and have contructive reasoning put behind people's counter arguements so I would end up with a better idea of where the warriors was going.

Sometimes its nice to discuss and argue about what you look forward too. Other times you get jackasses like Omican seeing people simply bullshitting and there head pops off because they can only have a standard conversation of links to what serinia said or the latest wow vid.