Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: Warriors Nerfed?

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    Wow. If hex were as described in the quote above me it would be useless as a fat chick in a marathon, becasue that is pretty much how combat dynamics work now save for melee when they run around like an adhd kid on caffine.
    Exactly. There was some argument on some shaman posts that for mobs, it would work as a full no-attack/spell-cast version. But when targeting other players (as in pvp), it would only serve as a snare in that players could still attack when standing perfectly still. Wording was changed in beta.

Now rogues maybe won't make me cry so much in pvp (on-loan shaman here).

I lol'd when I read this topic, that is all.

Just to clarify for some people that think the warrior talents look amazing on paper I'll explain what they really do as of now in beta.

Bladestorm does not instantly whirlwind as the tool tip says it does, currently you gain 3 hits over 4.5 seconds at 1.5 sec intervals. On top of this is doesn't break CC as it says it does, it only breaks snares and roots, but it will prevent CC from being cast on you (fear, poly) while it's active but still succeptable to disarm.

Heroic leap functions much like a grenade from engineering does, quickly lets the warrior leap any direction s/he chooses and can be used to attack or retreat.

Having hamstring deal no damage prevents warriors from spamming hamstring to proc mace/sword procs in pvp which was a way to cheese it I'll admit as a warrior, but now breaks my ability to kill totems as well. Instead of using 7 rage to deal 80 damage to a 5hp totem, I now have to use my near 4 second autoswing to kill it which is pretty brutal to me. So on the opposite end, people will be seeing alot fewer mace and sword procs overall.

Currently, Leap is pretty much what it says it is, pretty useful as a pvp talent in a more or less pve tree but bladestorm seems to be pretty horrible and only useful in BG situations if at all.

For shockwave you have to consider that prot dps while using a sword/shield is going to go up in wotlk since we are returning to a str/stam/def kind of stat setup in armor which unfortunately means alot of our BC gear has significantly less value at the start. IIRC both shield slam and shield bash now scale with AP only, not Shield block value which would result in a sharp drop in your threat until you can zone into northrend and pickup new tank gear, but I may be wrong on that. Shockwave itself seems like blizzard's attempt at making prot more fun in pvp along with the new talent to make all intecept/intervene/charges remove snares on you. I could care less about the extra threat generated from it since I could tank bosses just fine now without it so who cares if people have to wait a few more seconds before aoeing trash.

Hamstring now only has one rank and no longer causes damage.
    hamstring over cc ftw :>
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Asher
    It is a shame about mace and sword specs though, don't see why that should have been nerfed.
    a RNG "master" Warrior can stunlock better than a rogue with the macestun they got atm.

Instead of takeing the fear break out of DW, reduce the length to 20 sec and reduce the cool down to 2 min, or something to that affect, but done get rid of the fear break all together.

pummel doesnt need to do dmg but hamstring does, think about it, doing DMG to the hamstring to slow the opponent.

I may be mistaken but, hamstring can crit which means it can proc a bleed which it has every right to do, rogue loose the dmg on kick so i think warriors can loose it on pummel, but other classes moderate CC still do dmg like mages and such (not sheep but frost nova) and its not like hamstring even did much dmg even on a crit.

Well now, Blizz also stated in their bluepost that the warrior talents wasnt done and they still had loads of work and polishing to do there.

Warriors have always been one of the basic classes in WoW and will still be. Just wait and see, and stop complaining until Blizz zays its done...if u dont like it then, then still wait and try it out first...and if it really do suck, then u can start complaining.

i love alot of changes in prot tree, cuz i like pvping and lvling as prot, its much fun ) shockwave needs testing of how cool it is, can it be used like mage's CoC in jump? Vigilance is quiet cool for group pvp. there still is devastate-main dmging ability in prot tree, bloodbath and shockwave give us a chance to make lvling funnier, close to protpalas. as prot with shield while lvling, you gain small amount of rage on soloing mobs, but if you take 4-5, you take more dmg, more rage-more dmg you do. even more rage you get from avoiding attacks. That results in giving you chance to take 4-6 mobs dotting to death, while directly dmging 2 more. And Safeguard is just imba against frostmages in solo or group pvp(intervene needs party member...)

About bloodbath, it seems to me that in Northrend, while lvling, there will be alot of enraging mobs(like ones in Hellfire Peninsula, Scytheclaw?). bloodbath is pseudo-aoe ability, and as i think is huge boost to multi-mob tanking.
    The only boost that can be made to it, is stacking dot... at least 2-3 times, so it can do solid dmg to enraging targets(like hunters )

hmm, well, lemme see, our gear would need to pown....

anonymous warriors plate chestpiece
    bwp requires level 80
    2599 armour
    +155 stamina
    +90 strength
    equip: increases crit by 59
    increases resi by 46
    increases hitty by 22

anonymous mage/lock/priests dps robe
    bwp requires level 80
    200 armour
    +110 stamina
    +40 intellect
    equip: increases spell ower by 100
    increases resi by 24

THAT would kit us out well enough to survive all these nerfs, anything else... nap
    Still proudly wearing his 4xT8.1. Keep your faceroll gear. Bitches.

since when has the armor from cloth ever been an issue incomparison to thier abilities and destructive power? I'm obviously not saying warriors dont have destructive power but more that don't mages and locks get more of thier armor and surivability from talents and skills like fel and frost armor?

warriors .. the new mages of the melee^^

crybabies over not finalized beta ^^
    Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered. Tigole

As one of the posters pointed out above - no damage on hamstring means I can no longer take out totems on my warrior and have to wait for the 3.6 second swing to turn around.

Also, the fact that you can be Disarmed while in Bladestorm is even better! I remember reading Riposte (combat rogue) is becoming a straight up disarm instead of disarm on a parry, meaning that's 2 fairly prevalent classes (warriors themselves and rogues) that can completely negate whatever damage is being done by Bladestorm. It's going to be an awesome ability in BGs once you have the best level 80 gear available and are pounding on green-geared fresh 80s, other than that - lol.

The shortcomings of warriors the way they are right now in Beta (first before "it's in BETA" fgts) will give me ample time to reroll a DK or level my paladin first (whose talent and ability changes/additions blow most of what warriors are getting out of the water).

You complain that you can't take out totems anymore... Well, what about hunters and paladins? Yeah, Judgements are instant and so is Concussive shot, but both of which require mana and are on cooldowns..

Almost every warrior on earth is in some way, shape, or form, tied to a resto druid in the arena anyway, just have him hit the totem with a moonfire ><

Quote Originally Posted by grenalden
    You complain that you can't take out totems anymore... Well, what about hunters and paladins? Yeah, Judgements are instant and so is Concussive shot, but both of which require mana and are on cooldowns..

Almost every warrior on earth is in some way, shape, or form, tied to a resto druid in the arena anyway, just have him hit the totem with a moonfire ><
    My holy paladin's swing timer is 1.6 seconds without haste. My warrior's swing timer is 3.6 seconds. That calculates to 2.25 totems taken out by my paladin to 1 taken out by my warrior. :P Not to mention that for my warrior a swing is a life time in terms of rage generation and damage, while my paladin can run around throwing FoLs around, judging druids and randomly poking things - the poking part barely affects him.

Quote Originally Posted by mrchee
    I made a post about Dire Bear armor like a month ago, no one read it :P

Dire bear needs to go down to warr/pally level now that there is no more crushing blow mechanic, otherwise its retardedly overpowered
    no block no parry, dodge from agi modifier nerfed bears are gonna cop damage pretty often without the extra armor they will get destroyed
    hamstring needs to be reverted, regardless of crushing blows warriors and paladins avoidance due to parry and block give them more avoids.
    I'm sure bears would much rather their stat ratios stay as they are instead of the shafting they are getting
    hell improved rend should be changed to include all its bleeds and rend thrown into berserk stance, battle stance is a no go for PVE
    And what is this crap about hunters and totems and paladins and totems? for starters the hunter has range and to gripe about mana is idiotic all abilities like hamstring cost rage which unlike mana you dont start with a full salvo of aswell what's the pet swing timer?, paladin BOF+purify warrior doesnt have which cuts out the frost and earthbind problem to some extent, and having someone else moonfire something....why should a class require another class to kill something for him when he is a dps it's ludicrus.
    Have you as a warrior fought a resto shammy, if so imagine that without being able to take out totems without using all ur damage on them. They will just freaking laugh running around while frost shock and searing totem kill you while you sit in earthbind if frostshock happens to wear off.... or you take out the toems and do no damage to him and give him time to bolt you even...
    prot seems fine the dps trees unless ap is added after 20% is taken off your swing speed titans grip gives no great buff to damage, deep arms is a joke once again trauma is as far as you'd go pretty much everyone might aswell grab BT and MS and rock out BF+trauma or fury weapon spec with bloodsurge perhaps if that's any good or even axecutioner spec with sudden death which is also nerfed by hamstring change tho...

Quote Originally Posted by grenalden
    Yeah the druid should stop kiting/pillar humping just to run cross the arena, moonfire then resume kiting

And btw, we dont need to see the itemisation and that shit before we can tell if bladestorm sucks, there's nothing to be checked, its enough to see the tooltip, Instantly Whirlwind all nearby targets and for the next 4.50 sec you will perform a whirlwind attack every 1,5 sec seconds. While under the effects of Bladestorm, you can move but cannot perform any other attacks or abilities but you do not feel pity or remorse or fear and you cannot be stopped unless killed.

Instantly whirlwind all nearby targets, breaking CC, do we need to check the beta for that, really?

And to everyone saying its just the beta, i really doubt blizz will change all the new talents, (talking arms now cuz i only pvp)
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

Quote Originally Posted by cryogenic
    no block no parry, dodge from agi modifier nerfed
    hamstring needs to be reverted, regardless of crushing blows warriors and paladins avoidance due to parry and block give them more avoids.
    I'm sure bears would much rather their stat ratios stay as they are instead of the shafting they are getting
    I understand your reasoning, but honestly, with no more crushing blows there's no reason to stack up on avoidance because all you're doing is reducing your mana/rage generation because you're not getting hit as much. I see pallies/warriors just stacking stam in the expansion for maximum rage/mana generation for maximum tps.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by InFlames-
    a RNG "master" Warrior can stunlock better than a rogue with the macestun they got atm.
    Yeah we usually do get 4+6 sec stun from our mace like rogues from CS and KS, we really STUNLOCK!

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<