Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Flash of Light nerfed?

With Blessing of Light being removed and folded into the corresponding spells, it'll probably be done at a coefficient level.

I doubt very much Blizzard will changes co-efficients on the actual spells.

They will keep all 1.5 second casts at 43%

What they do to change that number is add and or change talents like priests empowered healing.

Simple reason is, they have that code written and tested to be "bullet proof"

This means they could change the amount of "+heal" a paladin gets from spell power vs. other healing classes, but I doubt they take that route either.

Illumination back to 100%, thats what we should all be asking for.

Can somebody at Beta LvL cap please tell everybody your Max Mana pool please.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

ikillbigppl

ok i dont think it has ben nerfed.. not like u say

yes it now take double the mana however remember that your blessing of light is now put into all spells

so u will not do 700 but 930.. re-do the math with that and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    I think hand of salvation will not be looked at as direct way to gain dps.
    Exactly, YOU THINK

Like everyone else in this thread does (Except Rawberry i think) None of you can know because things like this requires testing, we cant say blizz wont change coefficients, because we arent in the beta, we havent tried it out
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

Currently @ 74, the difference between FOL 7 and FOL 8 is extremely nominal. There is no inherent BOL that I can see to differentiate the two ranks, so when I'm healing I am still using rank 7.

Quote Originally Posted by ikillbigppl
    ok i dont think it has ben nerfed.. not like u say

yes it now take double the mana however remember that your blessing of light is now put into all spells

so u will not do 700 but 930.. re-do the math with that and see what happens.
    Again - get a clue. The BOL has ALREADY been ADDED to the basic healing value of FOL and HL. Comon guys.... this isn't hard to understand is it ?

Im only replying to this topic that this noob shuts the fuck up. There has been for loooong time this added spell coefficiensy % to spells, each spell has unique % of boost the specific spell. This is done simplest way ever, for instance FoL might be given 250% bonus from spell power effect and priest flash heal might get like 120%, just a number i wrote down, i don't claim it is this rediculous difference. Just as an example. This is as of TBC and i don't see why they would change this way of powering spells from + spell power effects.

Warlocks tbc spells are perfect example of how DoTs and other spells get different amount of % from the +damage.

This is the way Blizzard has powered and balanced spells for ever.

So before you have any solid data from Blizzard from the spells, don't write the bullshit. Your reasoning how this shit works at first made me laugh my arse off and then i got pissed when i saw that you werent joking.

L2understandthefuckinghistoryofwowspellsmechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bels
    Im only replying to this topic that this noob shuts the fuck up. There has been for loooong time this added spell coefficiensy % to spells, each spell has unique % of boost the specific spell. This is done simplest way ever, for instance FoL might be given 250% bonus from spell power effect and priest flash heal might get like 120%, just a number i wrote down, i don't claim it is this rediculous difference. Just as an example. This is as of TBC and i don't see why they would change this way of powering spells from + spell power effects.

Warlocks tbc spells are perfect example of how DoTs and other spells get different amount of % from the +damage.

This is the way Blizzard has powered and balanced spells for ever.

So before you have any solid data from Blizzard from the spells, don't write the bullshit. Your reasoning how this shit works at first made me laugh my arse off and then i got pissed when i saw that you werent joking.

L2understandthefuckinghistoryofwowspellsmechanics.
    ^ this.
    @ all the noobs, don't waste your time if you don't know what you're talking about.
    This is from the elitist jerks forum The +healing cast time coefficient for FoL is 0.429 (42.9% of your +healing is added to your MAX RANK FoL).
    The +healing cast time coefficient for HL is .714 (71.4% of your +healing is added to your MAX RANK HL).
     KJ killed 8-7-08

I proved on this forum awhile back that same cast time spells have different spell coefficients is possible (LOOK AT A DIFFERENT CLASS FOR ONCE). Look at warlock spells and coefficients (so much differences in each one). Your eyes will open, and you will feel the light of your brain discovering thoughts. Learn to love that.

P.S. all you QQers are making my day by your whining of something you have no idea about, have not tested, and have been proved so wrong. Just say "Oh shit, my bad, maybe i'll wait till release?"

I noticed a few people debating the Hand of Salvation spell, did anyone stop to think that this can be used as a nice aggro dump for Retribution Paladins?

As for the Flash of Light nerf.. I agree that Blizzard are possibly trying to make the paladin into a more interactive healer, rather than a Flash of Light bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Server557
    I noticed a few people debating the Hand of Salvation spell, did anyone stop to think that this can be used as a nice aggro dump for Retribution Paladins?

As for the Flash of Light nerf.. I agree that Blizzard are possibly trying to make the paladin into a more interactive healer, rather than a Flash of Light bot.
    It's actually pretty crappy (Hand of Salvation), you absolutely need to know before hand that you are getting too much aggro, otherwise the spell itself is useless most of the time.

As for Flash of Light, yes it got nerfed very badly. Compare it to say, Nourish and you can see the huge cap.

As far as mana pools, at 77 in full woltk blues, I'm at 15.6k mana buffless. going from rank 7 -8 isn't THAt bad really. Yeah its close to double the mana for about a 400 healing difference, but its very nice when u crit. Also, just like on Live, have to judge your heals. if I have a beerfy tank, I'll use the rank 7 so I can chain it and we have little to 0 downtime. if I'm healin a dk or not so well geared tank, you use yer rank 8. Might be some downtime, but trust me, if you tried to use rank 7 in some situations, your tank will drop. Thats even with chaining shocks inbetween

Quote Originally Posted by fyske
    It's actually pretty crappy (Hand of Salvation), you absolutely need to know before hand that you are getting too much aggro, otherwise the spell itself is useless most of the time.

As for Flash of Light, yes it got nerfed very badly. Compare it to say, Nourish and you can see the huge cap.
    Hmm, I guess threat meter plays a part in using Hand of Salvation then? I mean... a ret paladin with nice gear in WotLK might have some nice damage, thus big threat output, Hand of Salvation may be the aggro dump utility for the Paladin, seeing as they don't really have anything, while most of the other DPS classes do have a way to reduce their threat. This, though, can also be used on other classes should be it needed.

As for the Flash of Light nerf... perhapps this will be changed later on in the game? Maybe a screw up by Blizzard, as everyone knows this is still in Beta so things still have the possibility of changing. It is kinda weird now though as to what the paladin's role will be as a healer.. I think the reasoning behind this may be more clear as time goes on.

Edit: Does downranking Flash of Light affect the co-efficient? Would be nice to know, as we could still use the rank of Flash of Light we use at level 70 currently, and still gain the same bonus healing as the highest rank we obtain at 80. Just a thought

lol

also if you check the warrior prot talent vigilance think it had 10% threat reduce can be cast to any target and lasts until cancelled.

Useless comment btw :P

After reading through all of this, from what I can understand FoL should heal for the extra that BoL would heal for but I do find it weird that it is not just added to the healing amount so it says it heals for that much rather than healing for extra. I also feel it is too early to be able to really complain about everything because it is obvious that Blizzard has not finished working all of this out, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

everyone needs to stop complaining about flash of light, its gonna end up healing about 50% more with the inscriptions that are out so far, and look at the other HUGE buffs like 40 yd range 6 sec CD holy shock and a frickin AOE / HOT AND an evocation ability and the fact that BoW is nearly doubled >

Quote Originally Posted by smichels
    everyone needs to stop complaining about flash of light, its gonna end up healing about 50% more with the inscriptions that are out so far, and look at the other HUGE buffs like 40 yd range 6 sec CD holy shock and a frickin AOE / HOT AND an evocation ability and the fact that BoW is nearly doubled >
    It cost a shitload of mana to cast Holy Shock at 77, you can easily drain yourself very fast if you spam it.

Beacon of Light is pure shit, thank you for updating for post to reflect to this.

Blessing of Wisdom effect is doubled? Lol, big deal. It's NOTHING considering the mana cost of Holy Shock and Holy Light. And Flash of Light costing this much mana is the final nail in the coffin.

Holy Paladin healing is currently terrible on Beta, you can easily run out of mana, you still have no real way to properly do a AOE heal, and sorry, but 6 sec cooldown Holy Shock, despite being VERY useful is not enough, since we seriously lack in area to group heal.

Once again, BEACON OF LIGHT IS NOT AN OPTION. It cost fucking too much, only take 100% of spellpower (other healing over time in Beta takes 200%), and it has no synergy with ANY Paladin talents. Spiritual Focus doesn't affect it, Healing Light doesn't do dick, Illumination doesn't do anything. YAY.

And the SIMPLE FACT that a fucking druid casting Nourish with +0 spellpower actually heals for MORE than me in Sunwell/Black Temple gear goes to show how stupidly overpowered the spell is.

Quote Originally Posted by fyske
    It cost a shitload of mana to cast Holy Shock at 77, you can easily drain yourself very fast if you spam it.

Beacon of Light is pure shit, thank you for updating for post to reflect to this.

Blessing of Wisdom effect is doubled? Lol, big deal. It's NOTHING considering the mana cost of Holy Shock and Holy Light. And Flash of Light costing this much mana is the final nail in the coffin.

Holy Paladin healing is currently terrible on Beta, you can easily run out of mana, you still have no real way to properly do a AOE heal, and sorry, but 6 sec cooldown Holy Shock, despite being VERY useful is not enough, since we seriously lack in area to group heal.

Once again, BEACON OF LIGHT IS NOT AN OPTION. It cost fucking too much, only take 100% of spellpower (other healing over time in Beta takes 200%), and it has no synergy with ANY Paladin talents. Spiritual Focus doesn't affect it, Healing Light doesn't do dick, Illumination doesn't do anything. YAY.

And the SIMPLE FACT that a fucking druid casting Nourish with +0 spellpower actually heals for MORE than me in Sunwell/Black Temple gear goes to show how stupidly overpowered the spell is.

So let the druid cast nourish. Let the priests and shaman continue to AoE heal. In raids, get Sheath of Light (48/0/23 anyone?) and watch while a downranked FoL and HL keep the tank alive forever.

What's that? 5mans won't have druids and priests and shaman to cover the AoE healing? Somehow, when healadins got through TBC well enough, I think they'll be able to make it through WotLK instances well enough.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!