Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Here's what would happen if rogues had prot spec. and warriors lost prot.

Quote Originally Posted by Finer08
    Name: Varithorn1
    Position: Full Member
    Date Registered: July 12, 2008, 05:13:04 AM
    Last Active: July 22, 2008, 02:15:03 AM

Local Time: July 22, 2008, 02:25:09 AM
    Why would his age even matter?
    Especially when he's right anyway.
    Maybe not a complete overhaul but the just of what he's saying is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekke
    World first Kil'jaeden : Third highest DPS was an Arms warrior alot of the time it depends on the played not the spec/gear

Regards - Zekke
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    no u? Titan's Grip sucks
    Go look up videos of Titan's Grip and see how much it sucks...

I took the liberty of checking WWS for fury warriors and Sunwell.

http://wowwebstats.com/mllgf14oi4qes?s=7846-8133

While they do not perform amongst the best, you'll see that all the top listings have a fury warrior in them. I'm not certain whether you were sarcastic or not, but if you weren't, then you're wrong regarding this statement; "Because warriors are so bad that no one takes them to raid right. Right."

http://wowwebstats.com/citxpj4fy5dws?s=5424-5701 Check out that one specifically for a warrior reaching 5th in damage with 2600 DPS. Terricrap? I think not.

World first Kil'jaeden : Third highest DPS was an Arms warrior alot of the time it depends on the played not the spec/gear

Regards - Zekke
    Exactly this, although my endgame raiding experience is small (I'm in a guild with some friends, and we progress slowly but stedily) my knowledge of my class and skill is enough to say that warrior dps is fine, but, as blood frenzy, you have to be a lot more situationally aware, which is why many people claim that our dps is 'bad.'

Edit: Yes, I was being sarcastic because as a warrior (and more importantly one who isn't terrible), I know that the dps we are capable of is perfectly comparable to any 'pure dps' class.

-steers everyone back on topic-
    But rogues DO have a prot spec /point @ the rogue tanking Shahraz/Illidan/Gruul

Quote Originally Posted by Myaora
    That rogue tanked Illidan too? I didn't hear about that, but watching the Gruul movie was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul
    Go look up videos of Titan's Grip and see how much it sucks...
    Assume equal ilvl 1h and 2h weapons. I'll use STUNHERALD and dragonstrike, since they are so cool, and DS has 0 stats so it exaggerates the stat gain you get from 2h weapons. Other examples will favor 1h weps more, because other 1h weps actually have stats.

Let's see what kind of white autoattack DPS we get with stunheralds. I will assume normal raid buffed attack power of only 3k. Which is very low. Hell I run over that with rampage down. Also I will ignore talents, and convert crit to str equivalent for the stormherald stats, so I can ignore crit % variations. I'll throw in an extra 30 AP for the stormheralds to cover the availability of savagery on the offhand (70 AP vs potency at 40 AP, but most use mongoose so the 30 AP is an over estimate).

Stormherald: 42 str, 42 agi (about 31 crit rating with kings, converted to 31 strength) x2 = 160 AP with kings, +30 for savagery = 190 AP added.

127 base DPS + 3190/14 = 354.86, 354.86/1.2 = 295.7 DPS after 20% speed reduction.

Now dragonstrike. Gonna assume a fat 0 gain in DPS from stats.

97.6 + 3000/14 = 311.9 DPS
    That is not factoring in that a dodge or a miss will effect someone with titans grip alot more,
    oh and also it's completely exaggerated due to lack of stats on the 1 handers and look what happens.
    The reality of it is, its incredibly unlikely titans grip is gonna make up from rage and white damage loss, from yellow damage.

This is not a protection spec.
    This is spamming youself with dodge,agilty,parry,defence rating
    Plus this is impossible without other classes buffs all classes that have a tree to tank are perfectly capable at tanking without "outside buffs"

Regards - Zekke

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius
    nice lil troll.

Yeah that rogue tanking gruul and illidan is pretty crazy, amazing stuff
    Lol, I did finally sign up because I can't stand people who call warrior dps bad. Every time I've come across them I've had to prove them wrong the hard way, and I'm pretty stubborn...

Anyways, I was hoping to make a movie with one of my rogue friends with him tanking gruul, but with the cheat death nerf, is it even possible anymore? Or will an unfortunate parry take out the rogue?

Bah, I'm a nub still to most classes :-\

@ the titan grip discussion, do note that DWing 2hers will benefit ALLOT more from haste and skills like Whirlwind and Slam do allot more damage. (And warrs will get a talent to make slam instant with Bloodthirst wich, if fixed so that the instant slam doesn't reset the swing timer, sounds nice)

Not saying one way or another but atleast give Titan Grip a chance before blowing it down.

This is not a protection spec.
    My failed attempt at comic relief

Anyways, I was hoping to make a movie with one of my rogue friends with him tanking gruul, but with the cheat death nerf, is it even possible anymore? Or will an unfortunate parry take out the rogue?
    Ofcourse it is, cheat death isn't even needed for a tanking build/geared rogue, get unhittable and you should never see cheat death proc.

For the time being, since I haven't read anything about it, does the insta slam still reset the swing timer? I'm assuming it does at this point...

@ the titan grip discussion, do note that DWing 2hers will benefit ALLOT more from haste and skills like Whirlwind and Slam do allot more damage. (And warrs will get a talent to make slam instant with Bloodthirst wich, if fixed so that the instant slam doesn't reset the swing timer, sounds nice)

Ofcourse it is, cheat death isn't even needed for a tanking build/geared rogue, get unhittable and you should never see cheat death proc.
    Answered my question as I was typing it, awesome

And about the cheat death thing: yeah thats what I was thinking, but in the gruul video the rogue had cheat death pop up, so I was unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes
    There. Read.
    Read and it's fail, Slam resets the swing timer for a start, so the involvement of slam in the slighest doesnt work.
    the fact that he's comparing doing three slams in a row to three heroic strikes on the 1 handers just doesnt work.

You slam 3 times in a row with an already penalised swing timer and you're just going to screw yourself over.
    Therefor the entire post it just giant rambling fail.

Titans Grip is in fact not dual weilding 2x2 handers but weild a 2h in main hand and a one hand in offhand.
    True ?

Regards - Zekke

warriors dont need a threat dump its called imp zerk stance =P

Titans Grip is in fact not dual weilding 2x2 handers but weild a 2h in main hand and a one hand in offhand.
    True ?

Regards - Zekke
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83gnDTCfXI0

2x2 handers ;x

15+ Year Old Account

True ?

Regards - Zekke
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83gnDTCfXI0
    here is the guy on the beta forums who posted the vids.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...80607&sid=2000
    keep trying.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

2x2 handers ;x
    You can clearly see that he has the one-handed vengefull axe in his OH so not a good point.

EDIT:
    But then again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-ZG86g60us

Anyways, the wording of the talent is quite confusing.

lol just because titan grip completely change how fury gonna dump rage and use ability doesnt mean it suck if your not stupid youll know that it is actually pretty good.

Just need to get used to slow Hit though as an arm warrior the adaptation will be easier its pretty similar to arm warrior in raid

15+ Year Old Account

You can clearly see that he has the one-handed vengefull axe in his OH so not a good point.

EDIT:
    But then again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-ZG86g60us

Anyways, the wording of the talent is quite confusing.
    for starters the 1H vegeful axe is not equipped on your back.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.