Arcane, fire or frost?

Everyone keeps telling me that Frost Mage is much better than the other 2 specs, cause he's more protected and also has the elemental. I'm currently fire and I enjoy it. But should I change to frost? What about Arcane? I don't see any in my realm, just frost mages. ???

Re: Arcane, fire or frost?

arena pvp? bg pvp? solo pve? group pve? raid pve? group rp? event rp?

depends on what your going for and what gear you have

Hi sorry for my bad english ;-)

for pve ist arcan most interesting at moment
    ice for pvp
    and fire for no plan fire is sucking @ woltk

for PvE Fire and Maybe Arcane if you have like 2/5 t5
    For PvP ICE
    For Leveling Your Choice

At the end of the day you are better going with the spec you are the most comfortable with. My mage is 40/0/21 atm and I put out 1k raid dps and almost 1.3k on raid bosses. If you know the mage class well enough you can be succesful with any spec available...although some specs would be less dps effecient than others. However the general idea with most n00bs (lol I mean people) is that a deep fire spec will always be the top dps spec for raiding...frost for pvp...and arc for w/e. But as I said, use w/e spec you feel the most comfortable with and just learn all the pro's and con's about it because when you do then you will know who to maximize the full dps potential of that spec. FYI when WOTLK comes out I will prob be using this spec...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...50330125000000

I would go Arcane now!
    specially in raids with in combination of a moonkin in the raid makes arcane mages do more dmg :-)
    for pvp I would go frost

and fire.....well.....why should u?? ^^
    Duel me if u dare! I think your chicken, /duel
    http://snoekje. mybrute. com

Thanks for the help. I like raiding, so i' ll stay fire mage for a bit longer, till i deside to try something else.

In the expansion Fire and Frost will do very similar DPS.
    Fire will have the benefit of slightly better AoE damage while Frost is ofcourse the one with slows.
    As for Arcane goes, haven't worked that one out yet, I'll be back in half an hour :P

Quote Originally Posted by CorvusER
    At the end of the day you are better going with the spec you are the most comfortable with. My mage is 40/0/21 atm and I put out 1k raid dps and almost 1.3k on raid bosses. If you know the mage class well enough you can be succesful with any spec available...although some specs would be less dps effecient than others. However the general idea with most n00bs (lol I mean people) is that a deep fire spec will always be the top dps spec for raiding...frost for pvp...and arc for w/e. But as I said, use w/e spec you feel the most comfortable with and just learn all the pro's and con's about it because when you do then you will know who to maximize the full dps potential of that spec. FYI when WOTLK comes out I will prob be using this spec...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...50330125000000
    Don't believe the hype.
    if you want to raid, your looking at 0/40/11 or 2/48/11 or something similair.
    Atm. ofcourse, not talking about WoTLK talent trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot
    Don't believe the hype.
    if you want to raid, your looking at 0/40/11 or 2/48/11 or something similair.
    Atm. ofcourse, not talking about WoTLK talent trees.

No.

This is a common misconception, and unfortunately most people asking about specs aren't geared enough for the "right" answer yet.

Fire only exceeds frost dps once you're wearing full t5 or higher equiv gear. Frost puts out more at first, but doesn't scale as well with your gear as fire does. Stick to 18/0/43 for raids, and whatever spec you prefer for PvP.
    This user has been banned.
    But no longer!
    (I have no idea how either happened. Don't ask.)

A common misconception ? :
    I used all kinds of builds, fire does more damage whilst raiding.