Poll: Has Arena destroyed pvp

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: Has Arena destroyed pvp

My only gripe with the arena (My two 70 classes both being ones that aren't well represented in the arena) is being forced into cookie-cutter teams if you want to win. And pretty much every team in the world having a druid on it.

Yes, it takes skill. A lot of skill, to be good. It's not just about the gear. But you can have a team that isn't considered a cookie-cutter setup with higher skill and equal gear going against a team with lower skill but a more functional setup who will end up winning.

So, having a 70 Ret paladin and a 70 hunter, that leaves me looking for teams that I would actually find my place in.

I've heard that Disc priest/Resto druid/MM hunter is good in 3's, but that leaves me with the problem of finding a decent resto druid who isn't already on a team.. And on my server, I may as well not even bother. Anyhoo..

That is really true of all things though. Certain combos win in PvE more often than others. Bringing 5 retadins/5 arms warriors is not really ideal. Blizzard is working to make all classes pvp viable in WOTLK though
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    That is really true of all things though. Certain combos win in PvE more often than others. Bringing 5 retadins/5 arms warriors is not really ideal. Blizzard is working to make all classes pvp viable in WOTLK though
    They typically don't hold true to what they say.
    <i>I once dug a pit and filled it with clouds....or was it clowns.... come to think of it, it began to smell... must have been clowns. Clouds don't smell, they taste of butter. And tears.</i>

i love the arena system but what fail is the class imbalance making cookie cutter team.

some class can easily destroy another making it not fun at all and frustrating when you face a stupid team witouht skill but theres just nothing you can do.