Thread: Static Shock

Static Shock

It doesn't say that you actually have to have a Lightning Shield active. Could someone with beta access or smt check this?

Re: Static Shock

"You have 2% chance to hit your target with a lightning shield orb charge"

I think you must have lightning shield on you in order to proc the talent.

I have a question about this talent too :

It says "6% chance to hot the target with a lightning shield when you do damage"

So I think it can proc on :
    - melee attacks
    - wf procs
    - shocks
    - lignhtning bolt and chain lightning
    - lightning shield (when you got hit)
    - maybe fire totems

What do you think? all damages or just melee ?

I hope it's all damage or it'll suck a bit.

im thinking its off any damage(same way deathfrost works)

what im interested in knowing is does static shock and the lighting orb(when you get hit) share a cooldown.

for ex. can you get meele(proc) and then do damage and proc again? or will it be on CD after being meele and static shock not being able to proc?

even if it procs off everything its in ideal situations 35-40 dps, with *Sunwell* non fail gear

well if it doesn't share a CD between getting hit and static proccing it would be hella nice in PvP specially with MSW

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    even if it procs off everything its in ideal situations 35-40 dps, with *Sunwell* non fail gear
    Come Wrath, I believe it will be more. With hit and crit being generalized, it will have a lower resist rate and will be able to critically strike fairly consistently. In addition, with the 15% damage boost and the increase we should see to our AP, the raw damage of the skill should go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Try doubling that really. Atleast with a fast OH (HINT: pick one up now, you might need it in the expansion)

Going to use Watershield so don't know I don't have beta..