Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Since we now tank like a Warrior, where's our charge?

Dont let the title fool you, I really do feel a charge like spell would be a great addition for wotlk. This idea popped into my head from another thread, and I think a charge would help a lot of Paladin aspects.

I dont feel it should stun, that's not really something we are missing. (See Improved Hammer of Injustice.)

Here's an ability I thought would work, though I stole the name from the thread.

Leap of Faith
    8-25 yard range.
    9% Base mana.
    Charge your target dealing 50% weapon damage, also reducing damage taken by X% for Y seconds.

It has it's tanking use and also can help greatly in PvP. This would reduce our reliance on dispellable freedom without being a carbon copy of either Warrior or Druid charge.

Love it? Hate it? Post what you guys think.

Re: Since we now tank like a Warrior, where's our charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    In all honesty.... Hate it.... with a burning passion

if it were up to forum posters ( and not just you) paladins would have...

Charge... Interupt, Ms, snares...

We need to have some degree of seperation other then the color of the bar under our health.

We need to not be able to compliment eachother not be eachother.. where one falls short the other picks up.

Dont get me wrong it would be helpful and nice yes.

but if people are that desperate to have all the utilites of a warrior ... just roll one for the love of god before you make us warriors with gay colored armor and a true blue rage bar.

In all honesty i hope blizzard does not add any of the charge, interupt, ms, or snare talents to the paladin class and if they do let it be as a set bonus for PvP/ arena gear.

I mean I can understand the desire to close the gap in such instances as tanking, making paladins able to be a viable MT/ better situational tank, but to overcome a class is just not right.
    Lol, I actually named the title this just to get posts like this. It appears to have worked.

I dont actually think we should be Spell Damage Warriors, I dont want MS, we have on of the most rediculous stuns with Improved Hammer of Injustice, and if specced Pursuit of Justice we have arguably on of the best snares in PvP.

I just think a charge is a good way to help PvP, and with this spell, give us a little more mitigation that we so desperately need compared to other tanks.

Edit:

I do have a Warrior. lol

Tank like a warrior, Is that because we got shield of righteousness?
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Quote Originally Posted by Nuronv
    Tank like a warrior, Is that because we got shield of righteousness?
    Pretty much, it's actually a quote from a thread on WoW.com. "Sword and Board of the Righteous." And it's not 100% serious lol.

I remember when we got taunt....
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Quote Originally Posted by Ugrateful
    You got to be kidding me. A charge ? Wth would we need a charge ? An intercept maybe and that's still borderline. Poj doesn't get me there as fast but it does it's job and i can place another enchantment on my boots.

And didn't Blizzard saying something about Taunts working in pvp. I would rather get a follow up on that before we even start talking about something we don't have ..... yet  8)
    Taunts working in PvP? I think I missed that. What are they gonna do?

Edit:

As long as it can be used in combat I dont care. I guess charge was bad wording.

paladins can get 15% more movement speed in their tanking spec, just 2 more points after taking 5% parry, which is very nice indeed. really no need for charge tbh, you can do some threat from range anyway by throwing your shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Stenhord
    paladins can get 15% more movement speed in their tanking spec, just 2 more points after taking 5% parry, which is very nice indeed. really no need for charge tbh, you can do some threat from range anyway by throwing your shield.
    For tanking, it is more for the intial damage mitigation. Also, even with a 0.5 second cast time on Avenger's Shield, it wont always be useable in combat. Many mobs are immune to taunt, also.But this really would help PvP, since Blessing of insta-purge Freedom isn't always reliable.

As an amusing note, part of me posting this thread was because I wanted to see how many views/comments it would recieve in comparison to my other thread. I find it amusing that in 10 minutes a thread about new spells got more views than a thread involving actual numbers and possibly useful info got in 40.

It really goes to show where some people's priorities are. haha

I read somewhere don't recall where. Blizzcon 2007 sort of rings a bell but i can't be quite sure where Blizzard talked about it. Just so it doesn't seem like I'm making this up Wow insider touched on this as well.
    http://www.wowinsider.com/2007/12/15/taunting-in-pvp/
    As for what they want to do with it i remember reading Knockdown or pull ins like what the DK has Death grip. I think i even watched a video where Tigole mentioned debuffing the target for x amount of second or something like that but don't quote me on it.

As for the "charge" did you mean something like the Warrior's Heroic leap
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=9-xecrUy5Ic&feature=related

Would seem like a Ret thing if they did that however imo they should just let warriors have it. We got Healing let them have their Charges/Intercepts and their new Leap.
    Would seem like a Ret thing if they did that however imo they should just let warriors have it. We got Healing let them have their Charges/Intercepts and their new Leap.
    I meant for it to be a charge, and as for letting Warriors keep their charges, tell that to feral druid. As a side note, they can now use it in cat form. I dont think Blizz cares about Warriors being the only class who can charge now lol.

P.S. This thread already has almost 1200 views. It kind of makes me sad.

Edit:

I messed up my /quoting and had to fix them.

Yeah why did they get cat fearal charge again ? What was the reason ? They didn't lose stealth, or their speed increase when in cat form did they ?

Tbh i really don't know why Blizzard didn't give Prot a charge in the higher tier. If your tank dies and you are Ret you can still Ot for awhile before you get burned down. In some cases i have been that ret paladin that saved the group for wiping with a quick swap macro RF buff and a taunt and downed the boss. Druids get the hot/dots rogue and warrior spells that matter most and paladins get the meh ok stuff. However we do have the best burst damage in the game so I'm assuming that's the trade off.
    Apparently raping face is a big trade off for fun spells. /roll Death Knight for kicks.

A rare scenario to see a warrior charge while tanking (usualy tanking requires pull backs, LoS pulls, pulling away from CC, etc), even more so in raids. Don't see how a palaidn charge would mean anything in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Natassja
    A rare scenario to see a warrior charge while tanking (usualy tanking requires pull backs, LoS pulls, pulling away from CC, etc), even more so in raids. Don't see how a palaidn charge would mean anything in PvE.
    Saving over aggrod range when you can't taunt, ect. Also, this charge can be used for mitigation.

I'm not really dead set on wanting this or anything, it was mainly to see how many people would comment/view it. It kind of turned out the way I imagined. More people care about things like new spells than they do about actual numbers. But the people who do care about numbers care enough to post about them, hence why my other thread got more comments but waaay less views.

Just pretty funny in my opinion.

Well I thought we are talking about Charge not Intervene (or Intercept). At least paladins have a ranged taunt. Because of the actual threat needed to take aggro as ranged, just running up the mob and banging on it wont help much either.

As about caring of "actual numbers" no idea what that means. Was bored, this thread was on top, read it, a thing I rarely do.

hell yes, you can have this awful charge if we can have consecration.

Paladins aren't bad-ass enough for charge.. You can see a bear come charging at you in rage, a cat take a long jump, a warrior ready for battle charge to battle and a berserking warrior intercepting a fleeing/running opponent. Paladins.. Are just paladins. They run and hit and are like a lump of lead aoe tanking.

But seriously; warriors cannot charge in defensive stance and will rarely go zerker to charge in battle. With certain pulls you can't even charge properly so they are def all the way. Ferals miss certain capabilities that prot warriors/paladins do have, well feral charge is one way to compensate... Paladins can aoe tank best in game. Only reason for adding such a charge would be to pick up loose mobs. If you're doing your job as a paladin tank you don't need that.

And if you wanna be somewhere fast so badly take on Pursuit of Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    hell yes, you can have this awful charge if we can have consecration.
    I lawl'd. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by reconor
    Paladins aren't bad-ass enough for charge.. You can see a bear come charging at you in rage, a cat take a long jump, a warrior ready for battle charge to battle and a berserking warrior intercepting a fleeing/running opponent. Paladins.. Are just paladins. They run and hit and are like a lump of lead aoe tanking.

But seriously; warriors cannot charge in defensive stance and will rarely go zerker to charge in battle. With certain pulls you can't even charge properly so they are def all the way. Ferals miss certain capabilities that prot warriors/paladins do have, well feral charge is one way to compensate... Paladins can aoe tank best in game. Only reason for adding such a charge would be to pick up loose mobs. If you're doing your job as a paladin tank you don't need that.

And if you wanna be somewhere fast so badly take on Pursuit of Justice.
    On a not serious note, if I saw a guy charging me with a big ass hammer, also knowing that Gods favor this man, he'd seem pretty bad ass to me.

Back to topic. You bring in some good points, but those charges sure as hell help in Arena, don't they? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Natassja
    Well I thought we are talking about Charge not Intervene (or Intercept). At least paladins have a ranged taunt. Because of the actual threat needed to take aggro as ranged, just running up the mob and banging on it wont help much either.

As about caring of "actual numbers" no idea what that means. Was bored, this thread was on top, read it, a thing I rarely do.
    Haha, about the numbers; I was saying how so far a thread about a new spell got a hell of a lot more views then my other slightly useful thread about Sheath of Light stats and healing capabilites. I was just saying a lot of people care more about fun spells than functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    On a not serious note, if I saw a guy charging me with a big ass hammer, also knowing that Gods favor this man, he'd seem pretty bad ass to me.

Back to topic. You bring in some good points, but those charges sure as hell help in Arena, don't they? lol
    Hehe ye, but in arena I think blizz only assumes you to be holy or retri :>