Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Haste rating on Rogue gear, what the hell?

Yeah, Ive read a bit about new rogue stuff... Apparently, blizz forces us to use daggers (which is awesome!)

However, theres haste rating on the leather gear and wpns. Why do we want to have haste with daggers?

Re: Haste rating on Rogue gear, what the hell?

Are you judging this by the 70-80 blues? I wouldn't worry if I were you.

When the first tier dungeons are finished, I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of gear to customize your playstyle
    "Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I'm the baddest motherfucker in the whole damn valley."

Quote Originally Posted by Fatales
    Yeah, Ive read a bit about new rogue stuff... Apparently, blizz forces us to use daggers (which is awesome!)

However, theres haste rating on the leather gear and wpns. Why do we want to have haste with daggers?
    Check out the new assassination talent that works similar to combat potency.

That might be one reason, /shrug

only use the screenshots of blues to benchmark against your current gear

Deleted

never seen so many stupid people at one place ...

who ever said, that wotlk forces us to daggers? just because of one ultimate (51 talent) that allows us to restealth many times or that talent before with reduced backstab and ambush costs? never thought about a build with more in assassination for poison and 20% more heal on you and the rest in sub?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck
    never seen so many stupid people at one place ...

who ever said, that wotlk forces us to daggers? just because of one ultimate (51 talent) that allows us to restealth many times or that talent before with reduced backstab and ambush costs? never thought about a build with more in assassination for poison and 20% more heal on you and the rest in sub?
    Was thinking it'll be effective to lock down casters, over fail burst.

Something like cheapshot, cheapshot, garrote, kidney shot.

Deleted

i've been three shotting t6 warriors with shadowdance and three ambushes -> you won't need any unneccessary stuns for them ^^

RandomTroll

Quote Originally Posted by Fatales
    Why do we want to have haste with daggers?
    To reduce global cooldown on special abilities?
    To make you do faster white damage, and hence more overal dps?
    To stab faster and thus cause greater spell pushback for casters?

Just my thoughts anyway :

Deleted

yeah i'm s3 gladi with mutilate .. but mutilate requires too much skill

playing mutilate very well plus using hunger for blood takes for most of normal people just too much skill

they are making daggers viable again, but you are not forced to use them, just one more option for pve. as nothing can do even close to as much dps as combat swords/(fist close 2nd) atm in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTroll
    Not sure if that was changed for WotLK but if not then haste doesn't reduce GCD for melee's only for casters.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTroll
    To make you do faster white damage, and hence more overal dps?
    To stab faster and thus cause greater spell pushback for casters?

Just my thoughts anyway :
    Haste reduces spell clobal cooldown.

GCD cannot be lower than 1sec, and rogues already have a 1sec gcd by default

I did some quick research and I found this:
    Haste stacks multiplicatively. This means that it is beneficial to stack multiple haste effects. For instance, stacking Slice and Dice with Blade Flurry gives a total of 56% haste (130% * 120% = 156% of the base attack speed). Haste Rating stacks additively with itself (two sources of 100 Haste Rating give 200 Haste Rating stacked together) and then is converted into a percentage that stacks multiplicatively with other sources of haste. Every 15.7 Points of Haste rating you will have 1% more Attack Speed at level 70. So makes sense.we want haste!

In my honest opinion its so mutch fun playing with daggers and like some one said you need to be skilled to play with them.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Heldt
    Sorry but why the hell is that PvE Daggers?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Anevo
    I did some quick research and I found this:
    Haste stacks multiplicatively. This means that it is beneficial to stack multiple haste effects. For instance, stacking Slice and Dice with Blade Flurry gives a total of 56% haste (130% * 120% = 156% of the base attack speed). Haste Rating stacks additively with itself (two sources of 100 Haste Rating give 200 Haste Rating stacked together) and then is converted into a percentage that stacks multiplicatively with other sources of haste. Every 15.7 Points of Haste rating you will have 1% more Attack Speed at level 70. So makes sense.we want haste!

In my honest opinion its so mutch fun playing with daggers and like some one said you need to be skilled to play with them.
    So you think that actually ambush/backstab will be evil again? Or will Mutilate now overrule Daggers?

I dont think Mutilate will overrule Daggers, definitely wont happen ,because people will try also the Subtlety build with all that new talents based on daggers. Definitely Ambush/backstab will be usefull again and definitely they will do a nice yellow damage despite Resilience(I got a say Blizzard revived this abilitys).One thiing Im sure you will see more rogues in Wotlk using daggers no doub it.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Anevo
    I dont think Mutilate will overrule Daggers, definitely wont happen ,because people will try also the Subtlety build with all that new talents based on daggers. Definitely Ambush/backstab will be usefull again and definitely they will do a nice yellow damage despite Resilience(I got a say Blizzard revived this abilitys).One thiing Im sure you will see more rogues in Wotlk using daggers no doub it.

Cheers
    yep totally true, i like it

I would guess 45 energy ambush/bs might even scale over hemo energy per dmg ratio. Ofc it lacks behind a bit in cp gen but propably not that much.