Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Swift Skeletal Gryphon

*if your riding skill is 225, it turns to 60%. If 300, it turns to 280%
    No worries...its totally worth 950 gold

*Taken from Korean Beta Server, but I seriously don't think that would be problem.

Haven't seen any screenshots yet, so yeah.

Here are some screenies. Enjoy..

oh btw, it doesn't seem like a placeholder; it already has running, jump, and landing animations.

I guess that says all...Enjoy your mount

Re: Swift Skeletal Gryphon

well if this ends up being the final model then so be it.
    hope they fix the look at least. i mean the horse is dead but alive so to speak.
    the gryphon should be too :-\

Make it on fire or a blue smoke. Also make it look scary or something... Looks like they fried a gryphon and just used bones...

or make it spectral like flying in plaquelands
    I am crazy as my mouse
    http://www.staples.com/sbd/img/cat/std/s0123780_std.jpg

this model was already in game: theres one flying around kara

and it has all the animations because it shares animations with regular gryphons

and please please please just be a placeholder, that thing is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by nightcinder
    this model was already in game: theres one flying around kara

and it has all the animations because it shares animations with regular gryphons

and please please please just be a placeholder, that thing is ugly
    Sucks the Skeletal Gryphon around Kara didn't have such animations before expansion

What say you

Quote Originally Posted by Hade
    Sucks the Skeletal Gryphon around Kara didn't have such animations before expansion

What say you
    He already said this gryphon shares the same animation with normal gryphons... It's only a different skin...The gryphon in kara doesnt do these animations cause it doesnt need to.

Anyway, I hope they at least add some armor to this model...

I bet the 300 riding skill changes the skin

Quote Originally Posted by nightcinder
    please please please just be a placeholder, that thing is ugly
    your not joking i hope its just a placeholder.
    Dk's got a nice looking ground mount and then to have THAT bird as a class flying mount is a let down!

looks so gay lol.. they will change it

I'm reading the guild chat in the screenshot and they say it is just a placeholder.

EDIT: the guy taking the screenshot reckons it's the finalized version since they it has a running motion but according to other guildies they say it's a placeholder texture.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverjian
    I bet the 300 riding skill changes the skin
    Check the first picture, 280% speed, that is the epic version :S
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

If they do stay with an undead gryphon, I say they at least change it to something like the ones you can ride in the EPL. They are hawt

Yeah, or make it have blue flames or sumfin
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

either way, the mount is full of fail...

I think they did this on purpose, since they dont want to show us every thing they made at this point. This one is just to laugh, and when the beta is closed they will add the new model, which we will only see when the x-pack comes.

We can assume that Skeletal Gryphons are variations of the Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade for non-DK players.

Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade - Summons and dismisses a rideable skeletal gryphon mount. This mount can only be summoned in Outland and by those that have learned Cold-Weather Flying in Northrend. (See Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade)

Skeletal Gryphon - Summons and dismisses a rideable skeletal gryphon mount. This mount can only be summoned in Outland and by those that have learned Cold-Weather Flying in Northrend. (0 yd, cast: 3 seconds, dur: (infinite time?), val2: 60, val3: 60)

Swift Skeletal Gryphon - Summons and dismisses a rideable swift skeletal gryphon mount. This mount can only be summoned in Outland and by those that have learned Cold-Weather Flying in Northrend.

meaning we wont be the only ones with the Skeletal mount. our flying mount should be different from the other mounts.

why do they add a completely useless new mount? I mean: WHO WILL BUY THIS CRAP?
    sorry, there are thounsands of better ways to fly in WoW -.-

Im sorry but the Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade isnt what I envisioned my DK using AT ALL, if this is our class mount Im gonna definately go with an Onyx Nether Drake, which has more of a DK feel to the the mount that very much resembles the leftovers of our family's chicken dinner last night.

Quote Originally Posted by faranell
    I think they did this on purpose, since they dont want to show us every thing they made at this point. This one is just to laugh, and when the beta is closed they will add the new model, which we will only see when the x-pack comes.
    I have a feeling blizz is holding off on the real model as well, seeing as how badass the dk horse is.
    I guess it wouldn't be bad as a regular flyer, but the epic flyer should look.. more epic :P