Great job Blizzard ;)

WOTLK mage looks amazing, all trees and the new specials seem wonderful making your choice very difficult to say the least.

I am very happy that Mages will finally become an awsome class once again and i am definitely gonna play on since the got so much versality and they seem to offer so much fun, unfortunately i can't say the same for my old class (warlock) but then again who cares since it's so easy to level and equip a new character especially on gear resets like WOTLK.

Old mage players finally got some nice things to look forward, as for new FOTM players like myself i hope this fine community will greet us warmly, once again Blizzard did a fine job and i congratulate them for it.

Re: Great job Blizzard ;)

well really choice shouldnt be too dificult when you think you can just randomly slap talent points in every tree and result will always be amazing with new synergy between trees ^^

Heard they were removing all rogue/locks abilitys and just replacing it with a I.win.button...Finnaly

Not gonna play in wotlk, played mage when I started , 4 years ago. But looking good :-*
    Quote Originally Posted by Deos
    LOL Rogues with light bulbs.. WTF blizzard, that kinda makes so "much sense" for stealthy ninjas. Why dont you put neon strings there, ringbells all around and a spinning flashing police lighbulb projector on the head "weeeeu-weeeeu-weeeeu, rogue incoming!!", that would hit the nail srsly

ya ya trees are fine but how we can compete with Warlocks doing 6k crit with 1.6 cast time wih incinerate with t6 lol ?

lets wait and see

The talents look more PvP friendly, which will be nice.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Aurin

At least there is some room for creativity instead of automatically going Frost Warding lol who Talents that :-\.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Have you noticed that it has been changed to give your Wards 30% chance to negate incoming damage and turn it into mana instead?

Edit: Removed quote. Please don't quote the post right above you. Grimlor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

Trees are fine, but where is the gameplay ? I just want gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by koder
    ya ya trees are fine but how we can compete with Warlocks doing 6k crit with 1.6 cast time wih incinerate with t6 lol ?

lets wait and see

im just hoping my lock gets to group with mages that have imp scorch debuff up and winters chill

that will make those incinerates oh so happy

no but really... coming from an old old old mage player (my first 60 but my lock was my first char). Im really happy to see some of these changes but im still crossing my fingers that some major lock changes are still in the works. As it is id be happy to spec into fire/frost/arcane without hesitation

I'm kind of "hmmm" about it because history shows that Blizz really hates Mages; I'm not getting excited about anything just yet.

just read the wording on the blue post below and prepare to deal with a huge steaming pile of let down.

DPS / Utility balance in spells
    Players are right that Mages are in some cases getting more utility now with new talents. We'll evaluate the strength of classes utility when we tweak DPS output numbers. If a Mage spell is giving more utility than a Warlock spec, obviously the Warlock should be doing more DPS.

I dont like the way "obviously the warlock should be doing more dps" can be taken

does it mean they will bump locks up to do coresponding damage to the new mage changes thus leveling the playing field and giving everyone a chance to lead the meters,or does it mean that to some idiot at blizzard warlocks are supposed to always out damage mages no matter what ,and once the mage changes are done they will just buff the shit out of the lock talents and spells so they are above mages again.

"obviously the warlock should be doing more damage"

this phrase and its matter of fact attitude scare me, because we all know that the pet ,damage over time class that leads the meters without using pets or casting a single DoT is the ordained king of phone it in and lead the damage meters.

Quote Originally Posted by matzumo
    Ah yeah I'm sure blizzard reads these forums all the time :
    they do.

quite activly.

in fact everyday.

thefalk

Quote Originally Posted by coldethyl
    just read the wording on the blue post below and prepare to deal with a huge steaming pile of let down.

DPS / Utility balance in spells
    Players are right that Mages are in some cases getting more utility now with new talents. We'll evaluate the strength of classes utility when we tweak DPS output numbers. If a Mage spell is giving more utility than a Warlock spec, obviously the Warlock should be doing more DPS.

I dont like the way "obviously the warlock should be doing more dps" can be taken

does it mean they will bump locks up to do coresponding damage to the new mage changes thus leveling the playing field and giving everyone a chance to lead the meters,or does it mean that to some idiot at blizzard warlocks are supposed to always out damage mages no matter what ,and once the mage changes are done they will just buff the shit out of the lock talents and spells so they are above mages again.

"obviously the warlock should be doing more damage"

this phrase and its matter of fact attitude scare me, because we all know that the pet ,damage over time class that leads the meters without using pets or casting a single DoT is the ordained king of phone it in and lead the damage meters.
    Hes talking about the utility:damage ratio. If one class has more utility then it should do less damage than a class with less utility. Also hes talking about specific specs. As always every class will be able to lose some utility to gain a pure damage increase.