Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Vengence 2 stacks not 3?

Vengeance (Retribution) now stacks up to 2 times, reduced from 3.
    Any confirmations? Is it actually buffed with 10%/20% stacks?

Re: Vengence 2 stacks not 3?

There's a blue post on the index, what other confirmation do you need.

Not what I ment, is it a 5/10 stack or a 10/20 or something els maybe?

Don't try and avoid the simple truth. It's nerfed. You can only get 2 stacks now ( 10% with both stacks )

No man, they didn't reduced the talent points to make Vengeance cheaper, they nerfed it because Paladins are top dps on beta atm.
    I also lol'd.

It doesn't mention any changes to the percentage meaning it only stacks 5%/10% now. Definitely not the nerf we need in beta. The problem with our damage being high relies on the spell power coefficient in SoC. This was never really a problem before as we geared as warriors and didn't have the AP -> SP conversion talent. Now it scales way too much. I doubt they'll properly nerf the coefficient as it would also be a nerf to Shockadin(?) builds?

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyl0rz
    No man, they didn't reduced the talent points to make Vengeance cheaper, they nerfed it because Paladins are top dps on beta atm.
    I also lol'd.
    why is it worth a lol?

Nobody is denying we were not way over-powered, and i for one am not upset about seeing this change as a move to equal us out.

They could have done alot worse to lower our dps, like put CS back up to 10 seconds or whatever, I doubt anyone expected ret paladins to stay how they were.

GG, that's bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Sucris
    GG, that's bull.
    why? please explain to me why you thought our damage was fine being the top in the game?

They nurfed our damage in a wrong way. If they changed the amount of talents needed it would be diffrent.

my favorite part is when people always think they know better than a million dollar gaming company.

Acceptable tuning in my book. Now if they'd only lower the talent point cost, maybe make it 3/3 instead...

b37x, that is what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Peavey
    my favorite part is when people always think they know better than a million dollar gaming company.
    My favorite part is when people know when the million dollar gaming company is wrong.

Think about it, They should lower the talent cost for the talent if they are nurfing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    Honestly if this is the only nerf i will take it and look the other way and pray that is the end of it. Could be ALOT worse.
    I agree but from the past it will get worse. I will still hold on to hope though!

Quote Originally Posted by Sucris
    Think about it, They should lower the talent cost for the talent if they are nurfing it.
    Why should they? By that reckoning they should also increase the talent cost whenever a talent is buffed, which would be hilarious.

A 5-point talent that increases your damage output by an additional 10% is still very acceptable, as usual you guys are turning something minor into something major.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

They just fuckin nerfed something that didn't needed nerfed.....blizzard is so fuckin stupid. Remove the double damage from SoC and reduce the sp and ap coefficents a bit. Problem fuckin solved....why nerf veng!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    A 5-point talent that increases your damage output by an additional 10% is still very acceptable, as usual you guys are turning something minor into something major.
    This. 1 point for a 1% damage increase is the base line, this is 5 points for 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarzi
    They just fuckin nerfed something that didn't needed nerfed.....blizzard is so fuckin stupid. Remove the double damage from SoC and reduce the sp and ap coefficents a bit. Problem fuckin solved....why nerf veng!
    If this is the only change they make it is the best one. When you change the AP and SP you are affecting every ability and the secondary effects of those abilities.

And it is still Beta. If this is the only nerf we get (which it will not be) or if the rest are in line with this one, we will be better off as a class in the end. Most major issues with Ret have been resolved, a little drop on some things is a small price to pay for the fixes we have received.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarzi
    I'm absolutly, positively sure that the Blizzard developers did not execute this change deluded in the thought that it would fix the enormous Seal of Command damage output.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Yeah, after I thought about it, it really isn't THAT bad. I am sure the other talents will outweigh it in the future.

would it really be a nerf if they took the talent point off? Same effect for same dmg increase per talent point? how would that even be a nerf then? And someone also posted SS some group doing nexus ysterday. T6 lock was at 1k dps or something like that and paladin was 1500 dps substained trought the instance... Im pretty sure this wont be the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    would it really be a nerf if they took the talent point off? Same effect for same dmg increase per talent point? how would that even be a nerf then? And someone also posted SS some group doing nexus ysterday. T6 lock was at 1k dps or something like that and paladin was 1500 dps substained trought the instance... Im pretty sure this wont be the last one.
    well they are in instances were most mobs are stunable? and SoC being broken probably adds a large amount of dps, not to mention most look like a push over so you can aoe it. I would like to see raid numbers on a single target....

Problem is from what I seen is 70-77 so far the hp difference is not noticeable because well the epics have more stats. Released 80 epics have like +80 stam at least...meaning everyone will have a lot more HP, so any kind of argument saying we have to much burst is irrelevant(for the exception of SoC judgment).

Again released numbers in a raid would be nice.