Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Content Patch Before Wrath of the Lich King / Arenas

Some of the posts here I read were concerned about "in the coming weeks" because of the state of some of (lol, some) the talents on the beta, rogues especially. From what I've heard from my dev bud as well as some other people, the dev team has a different build than what the beta testers do. He's been saying that druids (and I think pallies) are getting their big ol' focused patch next, and locks are to follow. If the devs really are ahead of us, which I'd bet my last 30g they are, druids (and I think pallies, it's late and I can't remember for sure) are already done and they're working on locks (bout time imo, though I do feel for the Rogues out there), so that just leaves rogues and maybe another class or so for major stuff.

tl;dr / wtf is this guy talking about?

Don't worry about "in the coming weeks" being too soon, they've got most of it taken care of, and the rest is/will be soon.

I'm affraid it won't be the case Schnitzel, I won't be surprised they release a couple more patches after they released this content patch to keep uptodate compared to the beta (which wil definately not see it's end for a while even when the patch will be released). It's pretty obvious in my opinion because of the release of WAR.

Well it's not liek you will be able to get the old honor anymore once you hit 71. You won't have any need for the old honor once your past 70, do your pvp before 71 and get what you want and move on. A character above 70 would have to have 2 tabs with honor and one would be absolete as soon as your out of old honor points. Waste of space and resources to eve nhave it there after you can't use it anymore.

I say they did the right thing.

So. What will happen with tanks? :-\
    Their mechanism change a bit. With STR as an important tank stat. We don't have that on the current gear.

Unable to tank until they release wotlk?

They're still tuning tanks, so neither you nor I know how they currently work on the dev's beta build.

And the devs have said several times they have beta builds that are quite a bit ahead of the ones being tested, they most likely do internal testing first to get the worst bugs and imbalances out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayon
    actually thats a good thing, TBC was plagued with arena weapons being alot better then pve weapons, yust look at the one handed swords for rogues, they are simply the best ingame for them.

Might be true you'll see PvErs now going in with there PvE weapons in arena, but remember, the diffrence in resillence needed will be much higher, you'll see PvE people be punished alot more with using them in sense of resillence.

fair for PvE players to PvP for better items? i think not.
    Well PVP gear is always gonna benefit PVE in someway and PVE gear is always gonna benefit PVP but if you want to PVP the PVP gear should the THE best gear. If you want PVE the PVE gear should be the BEST gear.

PVE cant just go and get S4 weapons since they need 2050 rating so not like they just go buy them. Just like PVP guys dont kill Illidan for Warglaives so easy.

Ofc the best PVE swords should be far better for PVE then PVP sword. Just as PVP swords should be better for PVP then PVE swords.

But DPS is the wrong way to go, keep DPS the same but use more sta/resil on PVP gear and more Hit/AP/Crit in PVE gear.

About resil, get PVE weap and put a resil gem. Then you get imba DPS weapon and same resil.

There is one exception i can agree and that would be legendary items.

Upcoming patch sounds awesome, but why the F.... dont they have freaking original skins for 80 pvp items? :<

I agree with you larsson and i want to add something.
    As PvE player you have a guild that raids and can kill mobs like illidan easier than a PvP oriented person with a small PvP guild. I doubt that the PvP player will ever see Illidan but the PvE player just needs to play 10 Arena games and get the points. I am talking about people who have the same time and skill so the rating is meaingless.
    Yes in Wrath you can raid in 10 or 25 man setup but in 10 man you wont see the mace...
    Pride Paladin of the Order of Blood Knights

Quote Originally Posted by scarzy
    Upcoming patch sounds awesome, but why the F.... dont they have freaking original skins for 80 pvp items? :<
    Beta.
    Not Yet Implemented.
    Placeholder.

This will allow 1 month before my expected release date of Nov 5th (they already gave us the "5th" hint).
    Im sorry, but anyone that took that as a serious exclusive as to when Wrath is released needs to get back on the Sunshine Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Beta.
    Not Yet Implemented.
    Placeholder.
    Oh ok sorry xD

Quote Originally Posted by xulu
    Im sorry, but anyone that took that as a serious exclusive as to when Wrath is released needs to get back on the Sunshine Bus.
    whoah whoah now, lets watch the insults, that one hit home here

The rogue talents still need to be revised, not much point making a build yet.

We will see a 3.0 PTR. We will see a release date set for Wrath (at Blizzcon presumably). We will see all the beta talents and spells finished.

All this will happen before 3.0 is released on Live servers.

Arena is going to suck with this patch at lvl 70. Hybrid speccs are going to suck compared to going full in one tree. Sure for a dps class but for a healer. I am a restokin and cant benefit from the new talents since I dont have enough talent points as a hybrid.

Sure I can specc full resto but I wanna go as restokin. Now I cant cause it will allways be better to go full in one tree than speccing hybrid. Same thing should go for Disc Priests.

Anyone feel the same way or am I missing something?

It was the same for 2.0 really.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdi
    Arena is going to suck with this patch at lvl 70. Hybrid speccs are going to suck compared to going full in one tree. Sure for a dps class but for a healer. I am a restokin and cant benefit from the new talents since I dont have enough talent points as a hybrid.

Sure I can specc full resto but I wanna go as restokin. Now I cant cause it will allways be better to go full in one tree than speccing hybrid. Same thing should go for Disc Priests.

Anyone feel the same way or am I missing something?
    Spellpower?

Quote Originally Posted by Bayfin
    all bets are towards sept. 18 day the day warhammer drops
    I would expect it around 6 - 8 weeks. that gives time for BETA to finish. run 3 weeks or so in PTR then we will see it 4-6 weeks after that will be WotLK.

Deleted

Sounds good, but I wouldn't expect it soon considering inscription isn't even fully implemented in the beta yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikarus76
    I would expect it around 6 - 8 weeks. that gives time for BETA to finish. run 3 weeks or so in PTR then we will see it 4-6 weeks after that will be WotLK.
    Same here. It'll be about a month or so before the expansion ships, as they'll want to have an opening event of some sort. So around November probably, as they'll want to get the expansion out before christmas.
    Most probably, we'll see it "when it's ready".