Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Warlock talent changes (8905)

i'm enthusiast about this change, and while there are some things that need proper fixing, this is going in the right direction..
    haunt is good BUT it needs to affect ongoing dots damage as well, else is kinda meh..
    everlasting affliction seems nice but.. all in all EACH tick will give 5% more spelldmg to the next tick? sounds good, but not ALL that awesome, since our LONGEST (nominally coa) isn't affected, whilst for siphon the addenda is trivial (it just helps our survivability) while it's just a tiny bit for ua/corru..
    death's embrace COULD be nice with corru and ua being able to crit, but the question is.. IS this crit actually "valid" for dot's crit?
    what are the coefficient of shadow embrace? rank 4-5 is blank :P

THERE is still work to do, but at least something is moving for affli-lock..

Quote Originally Posted by darkenrahl
    what are the coefficient of shadow embrace? rank 4-5 is blank :P
    Shadow Embrace (Tier 5) changed to: Your Shadow Bolt and Haunt spells apply the Shadow Embrace effect, increasing all periodic damage dealt to the target by you by 2/4/6/8/10%, and reduces all periodic healing done to the target by 3/6/9/12/15%. Lasts for 12 sec. Stacks up to 2 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas
    Shadow Embrace (Tier 5) changed to: Your Shadow Bolt and Haunt spells apply the Shadow Embrace effect, increasing all periodic damage dealt to the target by you by 2/4/6/8/10%, and reduces all periodic healing done to the target by 3/6/9/12/15%. Lasts for 12 sec. Stacks up to 2 times.
    it IS cool, but its usefulness depends on "application" of the effect..
    if this effect is applied to ongoing dots, then it's great, else it's a bit shitty :P

It probably affects ongoing dots as it applies a debuff on the target, and not a buff on you. That is, it doesn't affect your casted spells, but the spells already on the target. I wonder if this opens the possibility of a rotation without shadowbolt for aoe heavy bosses or drain tank bosses.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

^ Tentative drain tank build.

I myself am quite happy with the changes, two of our most proeminent dots crit, shadow embrace became haunt 2 and finnaly instead of our dots becoming a tool to proc haste for shadow bolt, shadow bolt became a tool to increase our dot damage (altough I haunt alone can do the job). I feel like affliction went from a support build to a heavy dps build dependant on long sitting times, because most of our inbuilt skill sinergies dissipate when we stop casting.

As a pve affliction lock, I feel satisfied.

(someone should correct the typo on fel concentration)

well i do hope for one they give us a dot-emic recall alike spell..
    because if there are any hydross-like (or bt like) fight with aggro-reset..
    as is, affliction is screwed...
    i'd love something like
    "feast of the corrupted"
    1.5 cast, 40 sec cd
    "instantly consumes all your damage over time and effect on the target, dealing 500 dmg for each damage over time and effect consumed this way.."

I know this is about raiding as affliction thread, but just a small problem I see in Shadow Embrace in PvP. The problem with the stacking is that only Haunt can really get it stack. No one is stupid enough to cast a Shadow Bolt. I hope they incorporate the easier spells to cast so that it can be maxed all the time just like spriests do with SW. How about Drain Life or something? It sucks when I have to wait for the Haunt's duration to stack it again, it would waste the potential damage on my already present dots on the target. And Nightfall, the glyph and Eradication are basically just proc chances, so they don't count for a reason to cast SB at all.

i personally don't see affliction damage as an issue in PvP.. it's really just PvE that's suffering

i don't think shadow embrace is needed in PvP, even with this change

No one is stupid enough to cast shadow bolt, but mortal bolt is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    No one is stupid enough to cast shadow bolt, but mortal bolt is another story.
    i use shadowbolt quite often in PvE, well BGs that is.. nothing better then pulling out 1k dps on a healer who has a warrior or rogue pounding his ass ;D

From the beta lock forum:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...39436&sid=2000

Seems that destro does ~33% more damage than affliction...

Hopefully that will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephirah

things that this doesnt tell us

what was the affliction locks spec
    was the affliction lock required to use CoE
    did the affliction lock have bane/impr sbolt

33% is a huge difference... either destr is way stronger than intended, affliction is still too weak, or someone is a nub

Also have to wonder if the affliction lock was doing the right cast sequence (or even equally geared) as well as if the affliction lock was even trying hard...I mean some people go full out DPS to try and lead meters some people just kinda do the bare minimum and play while doing something else.

I don't know if Blizz had that Destro cast sequence in mind when they implemented new talents. Seems to me like they've been focused on pushing Destro into fire with mainly Shadow as backup/utility to proc MC, not vice versa. For those who didn't read, his rotation (the 5k dps destruction lock) was Immolate -> conflag -> SB x3 -> Immolate -> Incin until Conflag was up I believe taking advantage of Empowered Imp to keep ISB up and using SB after Conflag to gain the full benefits of hasted nukes from Backdraft as opposed to only partial benefit from either only getting 2 incins + an immolate in, or getting 3 weaker Incins (w/o immo to buff it) in. It's definately interesting, I wonder if Blizz will now give ISB to Affliction or add a clause to Backdraft to lock down fire as Destruction's primary damage type. Fire and Brimstone also remains to be implemented which will obviously change that rotation, I might add. Overall, whether they leave it be and just tweak numbers at this point, or they continue to push for fire destro, Destruction is becoming a really fun spec as opposed to BC's SB spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephirah

that's not an affliction issue, that's a destruction issue

5k dps isn't what any person in naxx ready gear should be doing

Xenocloud(rogue) did 4.1k dps with the poison bug, obviously that shows that destruction does too much damage, when they significantly outdps a rogue with a bug that significantly boosts their dps, right?

It remains to be seen whether or not the intention is for the dps increase to be so significant from BC to WotLK, or whether or not rogues with the poison bug will be doing even more damage after the number tweaks that, iirc, are being worked on at this point in the beta. If I had to guess though, 2.5-3k jumping to 5k at 80 in SWP gear is much higher than Blizz's goal. I'd imagine the highest they want for pure dps classes that early would be around 4k. All just speculation though, hard to really say anything with some degree of certainty knowing the numbers pass is going on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticSong
    It remains to be seen whether or not the intention is for the dps increase to be so significant from BC to WotLK, or whether or not rogues with the poison bug will be doing even more damage after the number tweaks that, iirc, are being worked on at this point in the beta. If I had to guess though, 2.5-3k jumping to 5k at 80 in SWP gear is much higher than Blizz's goal. I'd imagine the highest they want for pure dps classes that early would be around 4k. All just speculation though, hard to really say anything with some degree of certainty knowing the numbers pass is going on right now.
    pretty much what i've been thinking