Idols need to be more critical to tanking/dps

Idols are really a great way to enhance our druids, they pretty much have been doing what glyphs will for way longer but they are SO underused it's ridiculous. I personally think that the the lack of viability we have the way things are now in beta can be solved with them.

For bears let them take on a similar roll that shields have with paladins and warriors, it can modify your armor/health/dodge/threat for that level of progression and then be traded in later raids for better equipment (i.e. scalability).

For cats it can be much the same, by modifying our stats to put us up closer with other classes where our gear or talents won't get us, and as long as there are a steady stream of Idols to upgrade to we'd never run into the issues we've seen in BC when we began to be completely out stripped by rogues.

The real problem would be getting Blizzard to not ignore us and our needs like they have before.

Re: Idols need to be more critical to tanking/dps

It would be nice to have some new options- however, the stats and stuff from pally and warrior shields are basically built into our tanking staves. And to say that idols are the reason we began to be outstripped by rogues would be a gross error. Scaling is our issue in that regard, not an item that adds x of y stat.

Koumaru

He does have a point, though (and it's one that's been raised many times). In our "ranged weapon" slot we get some agility proc or a small buff to a specific spell...

In a rogue's or warrior's ranged weapon slot is an epic gun or crossbow with 60+ item points in stats and occasionally a gem socket.

The tanking stick is a 2-handed weapon, so it does have a shield baked into it. It doesn't have an epic tank gun with a bunch of stamina and defense (yes, another stat would be better for druids) hiding inside of it. Likewise, the cat stick doesn't have the stats from the 150-badge crossbow tacked onto it.

Instead we have Instead we have rip ticking for 7 more damage per tick per combo point (before talent multipliers).

I'll just be happy to see more decent idols like the Idol of Terror. That one was a step in the right direction.

completely agree with those idols, they are simply weak, compared to what other ppl can get from ranged weaps, well its not only idols, its all relics based on proc, not offering anything usefull when not procced

shall i sign?

Those are comments about the idols I can agree with. It would be nice to have their itemization on par with the ranged slots of other classes, and have some other options in general.

Still say it in no way addresses our scaling issues. That's what things like Savage Roar and whatnot are supposed to be doing.