Poll: How good is the change i mentioned?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Idea on Changing Metamorphosis

For all of you who want to merge w/ our demon that would just flat out suck(even more than demon form). We would still waste our earlier 50 points for some bad demon moves. Also we would not be able to permanently enslave a demon as they all have weak abilities compared to ours. Finally this is a blue post from ghostcrawler.

Thanks for all the ideas and feedback.

While this is not final and could absolutely change, here is what we're thinking about for the new design:

You keep your pet.
    You keep your spells.
    It buffs spell damage (for that "blow your cooldowns" feel).
    It buffs mitigation (you could even tank for a bit).
    It provides the current snare reduction for PvP.
    You'll still get a few fun demon abilities, but you can just use your normal spells if you'd rather.

would you look at that? thats what i suggested(except the demon moves)

You turn into a demon and your pet goes away, and while in demon form you have all your pet buffs at the same time. Also, your abilities are replaced by all the pet abilities. That is, all the pets at once.

So, you will have blood pact, fire shield, and fel intelligence.

You will have imp firebolts, lash of pain, seduce, consume shadows, cleave, shadow bite, etc. instead of your regular abilities.

Since the pets pretty much run the gambit of abilities, you'd end up with some strong melee abilities thanks to the felguard, survivability thanks to the voidwalker, CC thanks to the succubus, and DPS thanks to the imp, succubus, and felhunter.

It's still make it a neat "oh crap" button in PvP and could even turn you into a temporary OT in PvE when running 5-mans and such.

The abilities would scale with the demonic talents used to buff your various pets, so that'd make Demon Form where it wouldn't be ignoring all the previous talent points you spent.

Could modify it where you'd have some normal warlock abilities still to balance it all out. It'd just be too OP if you have your full warlock spellbook -and- all your pet spellbooks at the same time.

So demonology , when we spec allmost full demo we have 18 talents left. Would look like this. http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00501135230350

So for pve we are kinda good for nothing, our spells takes long to cast and they do quite low dmg.
    If we take metamorhpis we lose ur demon and become even more lame.

I would suggest making metamorhpis pernaments ability like druids shapeshift, and leave ur demon alive , to not lose our synergy with him. Make that u cant cast destro/afli spells , only demonolgy in metamorhpis form.
    Then add spells based on what demon is summoned.
    Imp=fire spells
    succubus=something rouge like , only with shadow dmg.
    Voidwalker=tanking abilitys
    Felhunter=anti caster abilitys.
    Felguard= something like fury warrior abilitys , only again with shadow dmg.
    Make all dmg based on spellpower.

So we would gain great synergy with demon + myb some decent damage and would be able to raid with full demon spec.

id agree the current meta really does nothing for us. Id rather prefer a 51 point demonology talent.. hmm.. i dont know... support our DEMON maybe? just maybe. Not desummon it and turn us into a melee dps wannabes.

Someone made a good point, a BM hunter using wrath would typically turn a lot of classes away from it (usually the idea is to get out of los). Shouldnt a 51 pt demo talent essentially produce a similar effect?
    Not, oh look a demon that has every skill on a CD other than his worthless melee attacks... lets go cc/kill him.

I think Meta can be good if is perma like shadowform and abble to flight when we are outdoor...

Ghostcrawler:
    Thanks for all the ideas and feedback.

While this is not final and could absolutely change, here is what we're thinking about for the new design:

You keep your pet.
    You keep your spells.
    It buffs spell damage (for that "blow your cooldowns" feel).
    It buffs mitigation (you could even tank for a bit).
    It provides the current snare reduction for PvP.
    You'll still get a few fun demon abilities, but you can just use your normal spells if you'd rather.

-------- end quote

definitely a move in the right direction. i dont really care what they change it to.. as long as its changing from its current form. =]

this is definately better however its still not amazing enough for it to be 51 pt. Id rather if we keep the pet tie in a demon link and remove the cd if your pet dies you loose your form which would give people a way to debuff you a bit easier but something would have to be thought of for the imp obviously. Someone had mentioned each pet giving different buff tactics but i dont know how i feel too much about that one. I think they should concider removing stationary casting for all direct dmg spells if they are thinking of putting back all of them. keep the timing or maybe up the haste a bit. The first think i liked about meta was the idea i could go into a melee or up close and personal form and it just still doesnt feel that way