movement impairing "immunity"?

I just got this thought...
    A troll hunter now get this passive racial:
    "The Voodoo Shuffle": Reduces the duration of all movement impairing effects by 15%. Trolls be flippin' out mon!
    Combining that with survival talent surefooted, which is 50 %, then your up at 65 % less duration.
    Ok Boot enchant surefooted is going to be changed into reducing movement impairing effect by 15 % if i am not mistaken? That is 80 %
    And new meta gem that does the exact same thing with 15 %. Puts you up at 95 % less duration on movement impairing effects.
    WTF?!

That puts a 10 sec hamstring down to 0,5 sec. ( Eat that you little gnome, passive escape artist) Now if that warrior really wants to keep you hamstringed he would have to apply that each 0,5 sec.. which he cant because of global cooldown..

All this however depends if they are going to make the numbers apply like 15+15+15+50, otherwise it would be lower. (As it is now with resistance, it is actually like that, that is why i assume they would do the same thing with this.)

EDIT:
    Links to info on the gems/enchants/racials/talents i refer to:
    Gem: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...metagem_14.jpg
    Talent: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=24283
    Racial: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/96793...y-changes.html
    Enchant: I have been unable to find it as reduced duration, but found it as resistance, can someone confirm this? I was positive that i saw it changed somewhere.. Wouldn't make much sense keeping that as a resistance while everything else is turned to duration..

Re: movement impairing "immunity"?

Would be sweet, but doubt blizz would let that happen -_-

With them trying so hard to even the playing field so much in WotLK at both PvP and PvE damage/utility on all the classes, they're never going to allow you to run at full speed away from a wing-clipped enhancement shaman .3 seconds after getting frost shocked lol

Slightly off topic:
    To prove my point about them trying to generalize every class (which means no OP'ness) just read the most recent news on this site about shadow priest dps, they want all classes no matter hybrid or pure DPS type to be equal DPS in the end which I find stupid. Only reason why you wont be seeing 25-man druid raids is because other classes have other buffs/debuffs :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Broadside
    All this however depends if they are going to make the numbers apply like 15+15+15+50, otherwise it would be lower. (As it is now with resistance, it is actually like that, that is why i assume they would do the same thing with this.)
    Eh, no. Resistance aren't percentages. That's points. So yes, it stacks directly with resistance.
    Percentages doesn't stack directly.

15% + 50% + 15% is NOT 80%.

a 10 sec snare would be:

(((10 - 15%) - 50%) - 15%))

Don't know exact mechanics, however. There could be factors in there I don't know about.

Anyway, if assuming that is correct, it would be: 3,6 seconds.

R.I.P: Prefix (T6 Resto Shaman) - DK DPS Compendium
    R.I.P: Valkyr (T4'ish BM Hunter) - UH DPS Compendium

Koumaru

All of the snare duration reducers listed by the OP would reduce duration to 30.7%, not 5%. (85% * 85% * 85% * 50%)

That's if they all stacked. I have no idea if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Prefix
    Eh, no. Resistance aren't percentages. That's points. So yes, it stacks directly with resistance.
    Percentages doesn't stack directly.

15% + 50% + 15% is NOT 80%.

a 10 sec snare would be:

(((10 - 15%) - 50%) - 15%))

Don't know exact mechanics, however. There could be factors in there I don't know about.

Anyway, if assuming that is correct, it would be: 3,6 seconds.
    I am quite sure that the movement impairing resistances as they are to day is added directly as 15+15+15 (you get the point)
    And they are also percentage I know this does not apply to many things, but in this case they actually do.

it would be:

10 seconds - 50% = 5 seconds
    5 seconds - 15% = 4.25 seconds
    4.25 seconds - 15% = 3.61 seconds

you take a % of the remaining result rather than tallying the %'s up as one. Deminishing values blah!

50% from talent, 15% from racial is 65%. That 65% only stacks with a GEM or an ENCHANT not both. And the enchants will probably be 10%. so a max of 75%, still pretty nice.

Gz Troll Hunters!

"Pillars are the best tings that happend to Hunters, just lay frost trap and send your
    pet in while you run around the pillar and your pet will kill" - Random clueless Rogue.