Suggestion: Feral Aggression

Would there be a significant dps increase if instead of Feral Aggression providing 8/16/24/32/40% increase to Demoralizing Roar, it instead provided a 8/16/24/32/40% increase in damage to Rip? I'm not too good on the math of this, but what do you guys think? ???

Re: Suggestion: Feral Aggression

it would make the talent more atractive, but i doubt its the right way.

any deep feral druids that have/use the Feral Aggression talent?
    i know i dont.

any deep feral druids that have/use the Feral Aggression talent?
    i know i dont.
    I use it, good DPS increase when using FB.
    Would there be a significant dps increase if instead of Feral Aggression providing 8/16/24/32/40% increase to Demoralizing Roar, it instead provided a 8/16/24/32/40% increase in damage to Rip? I'm not too good on the math of this, but what do you guys think?
    If it did both, it would be more satisfying. 40% for Rip sounds nice, considering a lot of Druids might be using it for Rend and Tear. It should be 40% increase from Rip and Rake, that'll make it really sexy.
    Good idea.

I'd love to post this in the WOTLK forums for druids, but I'm not in the beta =(. So if anyone can possibly sneak this into the forums there it'd be awesome.

Personally, as of this moment, I don't use F.A. but I would be much more inclined to use it if it was a Rip modifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte
    I use it, good DPS increase when using FB.
    Um, so are you using FB in raids? I wouldn't mind the talent for trash and stuff, but I just can't seem to free up the 5 pts to put into a marginally good talent like that. It's not that it's a "bad" talent- it's just that there are better places to put the points, especially considering that you shouldn't really be FB'ing for anything other than trash/grinding dailies.

The Rip idea, particularly if it scaled rake too, would make the talent more attractive, I'll give you guys that. Having a tough time finding points for everything as it is though,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifter
    Um, so are you using FB in raids? I wouldn't mind the talent for trash and stuff, but I just can't seem to free up the 5 pts to put into a marginally good talent like that. It's not that it's a "bad" talent- it's just that there are better places to put the points, especially considering that you shouldn't really be FB'ing for anything other than trash/grinding dailies.

The Rip idea, particularly if it scaled rake too, would make the talent more attractive, I'll give you guys that. Having a tough time finding points for everything as it is though,lol.
    FA isn't very good right now, but I believe it will be extremely good in WotLK - probably better than the other first-tier talent. First off, feral Demo roar is almost exactly as good as warrior Demo shout now, so your imp demo is now much more useful. More importantly, however, I am pretty sure that FB will be getting more use in DPS rotations once you get your crit high enough. In your rotation, once you have savage roar up, and have a rip already ticking, you can use FB for a guaranteed crit (assuming your base crit is 50%ish). The higher your crit (faster CP's), the more often you'll be in this situation and the 15% on FB will be more valuable. This talent will scale with gear more effectively than any other talent, because you're not only increasing your FB damage, but also the frequency at which you use it, assuming we can actually reach the needed crit rates. Admittedly, I don't actually know if this will be possible, but I suspect that it will be.

I'm willing to entertain that idea, but most rotations that I've seen for optimal dps so far for WotLK still don't have FB as our most efficient finisher considering the other things you have to set up in order to use it effectively. But I'm no theorycrafter myself, so it's hard for me to say. Things are changing constantly though, so who knows.

I use the talent, its primarily for tanking purposes when there isn't a dps warrior to demo shout. The FB component is near worthless, but i don't need the pvp talents so i take it anyway.