How Are WotLK Paladins Coming Along?

So I decided between my shaman and paladin that I am going to lvl my paladin first in WotLK and ultimately main him. I am not sure what spec to go yet because I haven't played the BETA first hand, I just have read about them. I don't really wanna go Prot because I mainly PvP, but I would pick up some of the gear I guess if no one wanted it.
    Is ret OP? I saw some videos of ret paladins owning TG warriors and absolutely destroying warlocks.
    Is Prot more viable now? Will the warrior still get picked over me as a MT? Or a druid?
    Is holy mana efficient, you think they will still be a huge part of arena 5's? Or will they be replaced by what seems to be OP resto shamans mostly?
    Thanks.

Deleted

Re: How Are WotLK Paladins Coming Along?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilscrappy

Is ret OP? I saw some videos of ret paladins owning TG warriors and absolutely destroying warlocks.
    Retridins were bugged sometime ago. They could crit as much as 12k per hit. Obviously they got fixed soon No, they are not OP. At the moment they are somewhat broken still (mana issues), but that's going to get fixed.

Is Prot more viable now? Will the warrior still get picked over me as a MT? Or a druid?
    Now that warriors and paladins use the same gear we are becoming more viable MTs too since we will have almost as much HP as warriors. I do think warriors will still get picked as MTs mostly due to old habits and _little_ bit more HP.

Is holy mana efficient, you think they will still be a huge part of arena 5's? Or will they be replaced by what seems to be OP resto shamans mostly?
    Holy is apparently not anymore as mana-efficient as in TBC, but they still are somewhat useable. Holy paladins are still totally lackluster in 2v2 however, we haven't gotten much more than beacon of light, but that doesn't do us much good since we are so easy to CC/silence/etc. As such, resto shamans seems a lot better in pvp regards..