Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: 18.09 resto changes

Druid in that fight are burn healers/keep up HoTs on tanks. Meteor strike is a good chunk of damage, but I think the amount of healing required on the MTs and thus produced by the HoTs surpasses CoH/CH. Like I said, it may as well be the fact that our druid healers are truly talented. Our GL is a resto which over heals for 14% which IMO is amazing in SWP whilst still topping charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilt
    If you are in SWP and don't have resto shammies topping the meter every night, find new resto shammies. The amount of AoE damage in there make CoH priests and CH shammies the BEST raid healers, and in all of the fights everyone is taking constant damage so they are constantly casting. Druids had their role in MT healing mainly, where we could hot up tanks and give the pallies a little bit of extra time to cast, kinda leveling out spike damage. Of course brut's burn and such are exceptions for MT healing, but for the most part druids hots are no where near as effective as CoH or CH.
    thats what im told all the time. and its true - chain heal and coh have much higher hps potential than druids. druids usually top the charts because coh / chain heal arent required or cant be cast due to high spread.

as to the people saying druids werent meant to be AoE healers - were priests meant to be ones before they got their CoH? i cant rly see any useful AoE skills except for this talent. now that druids got AoE talent i think i could expect it would be competitive to priests. but even with high healing it cannot be. we cant spam wild growth cause it will just overwrite same targets. i need 7 seconds to take full healing, priests have it instant and can quickly top ppl up. no, wild growth was more like support heal, to throw it sometimes and help other aoe healers. but in its current shape its simply not worth casting. overall healing done is lower than chain heal and only a bit higher than CoH now.

sunwell has insane raid damage in most encounters. tanks receive insane damage. thats smt druids cant do much with. we arent as good in raid healing as priests and shams. in tank healing we are surely not good as palas and we dont have +armor or prayer of mending-like effects (before 3.0 when we get living seed). we get some boost to single target healing from glyphs, nourish and some new talents. but still other healers are slightly better in it. flourish was supposed to be our aoe talent but now its just not worth taking
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne
    thats what im told all the time. and its true - chain heal and coh have much higher hps potential than druids. druids usually top the charts because coh / chain heal arent required or cant be cast due to high spread.

as to the people saying druids werent meant to be AoE healers - were priests meant to be ones before they got their CoH? i cant rly see any useful AoE skills except for this talent. now that druids got AoE talent i think i could expect it would be competitive to priests. but even with high healing it cannot be. we cant spam wild growth cause it will just overwrite same targets. i need 7 seconds to take full healing, priests have it instant and can quickly top ppl up. no, wild growth was more like support heal, to throw it sometimes and help other aoe healers. but in its current shape its simply not worth casting. overall healing done is lower than chain heal and only a bit higher than CoH now.

sunwell has insane raid damage in most encounters. tanks receive insane damage. thats smt druids cant do much with. we arent as good in raid healing as priests and shams. in tank healing we are surely not good as palas and we dont have +armor or prayer of mending-like effects (before 3.0 when we get living seed). we get some boost to single target healing from glyphs, nourish and some new talents. but still other healers are slightly better in it. flourish was supposed to be our aoe talent but now its just not worth taking
    even tho i agree, that nerf was abit 2 much, and it needs some adjusting, i would point out, that Wild growth shouldnt surpass CoH in its power, its there for competing, but not being better imo

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder
    Long story short...

Lifebloom needed a nerf. Deal with it.
    A nerf, yes. Degraded so much in power that, like protection Warriors up to now, the better you are geared the worse it scales and that 300 spellpower, ten levels and two ranks later you heal for just as much as on live ?

Hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by Notafama
    /thread
    Do not forget that in my 'nerdrage' I forgot to mention how my conclusions also included that increasing of 300 spellpower (600 healing).

Quote Originally Posted by Trianiel
    Ok i've read all those things, and agree on most of the statement, exept for the counterpart of the heal overtime, heals over time are like DOTs, you can put them on someone and leave him almost alone, and you'll be sure your heals/damage will make their job.

And you take the pov of a tank healer, perhaps druid have never been designed for this task, perhaps druids are being designed as a fast and preemptive raid healer. Who knows ?

The fact is, with its current power, LB was or would become a too powerfull spell. Most of the raids in BT i've made, the healmeter was owned by druids, and they had less stuff than our pallys/priest. So what can we deduce ? Druid overpowered ? => no, not in all cases, there's a lot of raid damage in BT, that can explain this domination. But i think (its my opinion) that LB was a bit too powerfull ...

That's all, my first post was intended to help you understand how silly it is to QQ about something in a game, and how fast flamers and troll can come on a topic like this.
    1) We we're put in the role of 'tank healers' because tanks, unlike the 23 other people in a raid, are the ones who receive a constant stream of damage - be it spike damage or a steady line - Brutallus is one of the most perfect example one can take. HoT's help amazingly well with 'softening' the blows these tanks get, thus making it easier on the primary tank healer (most cases a paladin) to keep him standing.
    2) HoT's have the mechanic of DoTs, but not the same principle. I think why is pretty clear. Comparing their roles is like comparing apples and oranges.
    3) I really do not wish to sound condescending here, but ... if in Black Temple and above your Restoration Shaman and Holy Priests are not topping your healing meters, get better ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    /gloat @ dr00ds
    Let me remind you that if Druids continue to be underachievers just because the QQ masses wanted them nerfed, said QQ'ers will have:

1) Less Restoration Druids in the class/player pool.
    2) Thus a harder time in PvE raids - raid wise you'll get way more damage and good luck finding a class that can cast soak spells to make you -efficiently- less squishy.
    3) No more easy tiem gettingz whelfare epix in arienaz, ja ?

Really. Be careful what you wish for. It might just happen.

:

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    even tho i agree, that nerf was abit 2 much, and it needs some adjusting, i would point out, that Wild growth shouldnt surpass CoH in its power, its there for competing, but not being better imo
    yes, i dont want it to be better. i dont want it to go back to previous power. but still would be nice to have a spell that actually makes some difference
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

Re: 18.09 resto changes - PvE discussion

another change - Nature's Grace now is 1 point talent, increases duration of rejuv by 3 seconds, regrowth by 6 seconds and lifebloom by 2 seconds (altho it says 3 seconds. but in real its 2 secs)

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    Every other class pots you should too.

Last I knew most SW druids gemed for plus heal not spirit forcing them to chain pot. Right now my whole healing start is based around chain poting and the alchemist’s stone so a SP can be freed up for dps or pallies in the raid.