Arcane Blast: 300% is NOT a typo!

I will not QQ in this thread, as the majority of ppl do in mmo-champion forums nowadays.

I just want to tell Boubouille that:
    Arcane Blast changed. Each time you cast Arcane Blast, the damage is increased by 15% and mana cost is increased by 300%.

The 300% is correct and there is NO error in typing. Check the following blue posts to verify it:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/4/10043...ab-change.html

and

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/4/10043...uild-8962.html

Pls don't QQ endlessly in this thread... As said in the blue posts, they are just testing things in our DPS rotation (for arcane mages). Let's be patient

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Arcane Blast: 300% is NOT a typo!

They should let it go live for a few weeks just to piss you guys off for a few chuckles.

Deleted

Read the blue before makin a trollanswer...

If the intended changes are going live, like they should work, there are different ways to deal good dmg.
    Who cares abt AB? It will get another place to be useful~

lol 3k mana cost for AB at 3 stacks.

Way to go....

My guess is they are just testing numbers, so it was a bit imba but now they got the exact opposite. It's not like they pushed into the nice grey area of balanced but they pulled it all the way from the green imba area to the red underpowered area across the line that says "broken". The blue post says they didn't intent arcane blast to be spammed, it's nice to use but not all the time. Wasn't it the point of AB to be pressed a second and third time to build up the power of it?

erm. making it 300% increase, they could just as well add a cd. would be more or less the same result
    Greetings Undead. Wonderful day to be alive, isn't it?

Sure to early to consider this change going live and just whine about it. It's beta experiments after all, moreover I was going to play fire anyway as I believe from the start it might be better due to less mana intesivity and recent crit addition to fire.
    However it would be great to see arcane viable to play later on with some gear designed for arcane, mostly more intelect.

As for now i don't think this is a good way to make arcane viable and not 1 button tree.

We all know that every dps will pick the spell(s) which gives him most boost so it's obvoius that arcane blast with some decent intelect and some innervate was the best. We all also know that AM would be great but is not as efficient as AB spamming. Few steps were taken, like Missile barrage talent, but that's not enough to make make it viable to include in your rotation.

What I would like to see is more dependencies ... like (just examples, so don't call them stupid or op):

Arcane Blast:
    Blasts the target with energy, dealing 912 to 1058 Arcane damage. Each time you cast Arcane Blast, the damage is increased by 15% and mana cost is increased by 100%. In addition critical dmg done by AM and Arcane barrage is increased by 15%. Effect stacks up to 3 times and lasts 4-8s sec.

Arcane Barrage:
    Launches several missiles at the enemy target, causing 936 to 1144 Arcane damage. Missiles leave the mark on the target which gives 2% chance you will cast additional missile on arcane and fire harmful spells. Lasts 5-10s.
    18% of base mana, 30 yd range, Instant cast, 3 sec cooldown

In other words I would like to see more dependencies and it's all good to me, you can decrease efficiency of Arcane blast.

Because i don't believe 3k+ dps in some blue/naxx gear while spamming AB is the case AB getting change. It's all bout not making arcane 1 button tree, so there is margin on buffing a bit something else while decreasing efficency of Arcane blast.

Just few ideas how to improve arcane overall, ofc it might require to adjust numbers, but dependencies hould solve the issue.

They probably implemented it so mages aren't 1 button class.... they are trying to do that with msot classes and speccs...to give them more "life"
    Once upon a midnight dreary
    While i pron surfed, weak and weary
    Over many a site of ' hot xxx galore'.
    "'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"
    Quoth the server, 404.

killing a new raid boss is like having multiple orgasms only better.

Don't you gits understand yet?

It's not meant to be chain cast in a prolonged fight. It has the option to provide strong burst at a heavy cost, otherwise it's just another nuke to weave into your rotation.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

dang... the warlock QQing must have gotten to blizzard... they were all mad that arcane blast spam mages were raping their dps on the PTR. I thought we finally had a victory.

EDIT:
    this blue post especially makes me mad:
    "That (buffing one spec and declaring it the PvE raiding spec) is certainly the easier way to balance classes, but we are gluttons for punishment and are trying to make the various different ways to play a mage viable in a raid setting.

Arcane Blast ended up being so good that we were concerned you could remove all your other buttons, and that every mage would go spec deep Arcane. Rather than just nerfing it, we are trying mechanics that let pushing the button be awesome, but pushing it twice in a row be less awesome. "

end blue post.

Why in the world would you ever cast arcane blast if you were not going to press it more than once??? Some Devs have obviously never played a mage at all. arcane missles is plain bad dps in raid and they need to get that through their head. if you cant spam blast, then no one will ever spec arcane. period.
    "Back in my day sonny, when I was God and was worshipped because I raided during Chocolate, the computer monitor punched you in the mouth if you botched your rotation. Things were hard. And I mean harder than hard. I am soo xxx hardcorez xxx. You are a nub, and I am a super elite raider because I happened to play before any expansions. By gosh, I had to walk uphill BOTH WAYS to get to and from orgrimmar. " --The 1337 vanilla player who is inexplicably always better than you. No matter what.

Maybe blizz should do the same thing to frost and fire too /endsarcasm

Fire - Spam fireball till Hot Streak Procs, Pyro, scorch every 8..... about 8:2 ratio still and that's based on getting 2 crits in a row

Frost - Spam frostbolt till Fingers of Frost procs then maybe icelance or deep freeze, occassional elemental, Icy Veins at same rate as elemental. I'll tell ya, on beta I've had periods of zero FoF procs over 30+ frostbolts /boo

Frostfire - see fire

It seems that blizz is forcing mage dmg to be based on proc rates of Missile Barrage, Hot Streak, and Fingers of Frost. Why? If blizz is so much into multi-button pushing, consistancy should be the key.

I hope that 300% is a just a numbers test, otherwise arcane will be nothing more than a utility tree again. Useless unless it's used for buffing fire or frost.

^^ Completely agreed. Lol if they want to make arcane missles good, its going to need more than a simple buff or proc, it would have to be reworked. If i wanted to cast a weak channeled spell, I'd play a spriest and mind flay.... Otherwise CHANGE ARCANE BLAST BACK. their fear of everyone playing arcane is unjustified... most other mages in my guild wernt even going to play arcane! and all votes that Ive seen thus far showed arcane being the least popular spec before the nerf!
    "Back in my day sonny, when I was God and was worshipped because I raided during Chocolate, the computer monitor punched you in the mouth if you botched your rotation. Things were hard. And I mean harder than hard. I am soo xxx hardcorez xxx. You are a nub, and I am a super elite raider because I happened to play before any expansions. By gosh, I had to walk uphill BOTH WAYS to get to and from orgrimmar. " --The 1337 vanilla player who is inexplicably always better than you. No matter what.