15+ Year Old Account

Change of Topic (FERAL DRUIDS RULE!) TanX BLIZZRD!

just to change the steriotype of most posts these day but i'd just like to say feral droods RULE! i have played beta and PTR beta im 76 PTR 70 lol ofc, and FERAL droods are SOOOO much more fun, there damage actually gets noticed by other classes! and a very secretive change which i dont think alot of ppl knew about is, Furor has been changed to 100 energy! this means powershifting after draining your energy means u can pull out AT LEAST 10K burst dmamge in bout 8secs! SO HOT!!!

<3<3<3

wot do other feral druids think?

Koumaru

Re: Change of Topic (FERAL DRUIDS RULE!) TanX BLIZZRD!

Quote Originally Posted by Gish
    Furor has been changed to 100 energy! this means powershifting after draining your energy means u can pull out AT LEAST 10K burst dmamge in bout 8secs!
    No, it doesn't. Furor has been changed to allow your cat energy bar to regenerate regardless of your current form (just like your mana bar). It isn't just giving you 100 energy when you enter the form, and shifting from cat form to cat form won't have any effect on your energy bar anymore. Powershifting for energy restoration purposes is, in fact, gone.

If this has changed in the latest beta build, and Furor is giving cats 100 energy automatically every shift, expect a bug fix very soon.

Ha! That would be pretty OP.

Nobody said feral cats are poor, I even think they are OP.
    The problem is for bear (stuff nerf, poor abilities, talents).

Quote Originally Posted by Gish
    wot do other feral druids think?
    I think we need shield wall and more than 3 buttons for tanking. Oh, and we need Berserk to be worth the one talent point it costs. And viable AE threat generation.

EDIT: We've come a long way, though. These are pretty minor concerns compared to the ones I at least used to have. Still a ways to go, but at this rate, I think we'll get there.

Yeah, liking these last changes.

Still think we need something better for aoe though, with base mana I don't really enjoy the thought of using hurricane for pulling anymore.
    Not to mention that'd mean blowing barkskin at the pull, which would be slightly retarded.

Added threat component for demo roar, plz?

barkskin in forms, feral faerie fire had a massive threat increase, and causes damage now. also, there's a glyph to make maul hit 2 targets. i'm not saying this is perfect, but at least we know they're listening now.

There's still the issue with places like, say, strat.
    TONS of squishy stuff running around all over the place with elites in the middle of them.
    Having no instant AOE threat builder, there's a very, very good chance you'll pull, hit some squishy non-elites with swipe, and have at least one elite running for the healer.

Really can't see any reason why druids should be so much weaker at pack tanking, it pretty much ensures that we're the least viable 5 man/heroic tank while not really having any clear advantages for any kind of encounter.

Oh, and the best part of the new FFF, it gives rage, and I'm fairly sure I saw it crit, meaning more rage.
    Very handy.

that's where you use challenging roar, charge, maul, mangle. i think a single mob escaping isn't much of a big deal, especially since bear dps got buffed.

I play both a feral druid and a Prot pally.

Druids do *not* need to have an AoE ability any more than they already have. Use that AoE taunt, tab swipe and the other tools at your disposal. The hardest tanking for me these days on my druid is Heroic MgT's packs of mana wyrms. Make sure you have thorns up and your tab swiping and you should be fine if your dps knows what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone
    The hardest tanking for me these days on my druid is Heroic MgT's packs of mana wyrms. Make sure you have thorns up and your tab swiping and you should be fine if your dps knows what they are doing.
    That's not a good example - in heroics it doesnt matter if tank has aggro on those mobs, it is not difficult at all to heal any cloth aoe class through the damage. but in raids its another story - think Morrogrim murlock packs in SSC or Hyjal etc etc.

My prot pala twink absolutely love that mana wyrms, best pull ingame and i will pull all of them at once most of time.

On my druid i try to get as much as possible (having in mind ae-dmg get penalized) in that 1 pull where i have masstaunt ready and cant do much about the rest.
    In raids however you have more than one tank leading to more than one masstaunt (or amazing uncapped aoe-aggro regarding paladin and soon to come dk). Mother trash is a good example were we just do fine with an masstaunt rotation. Remember the shortened CD coming WotLK.

Of course there are fights like morogrim and MH-waves where masstaunt wont work because mobs come to fast or are too tough to get bombed in a few seconds. Since we did morogrim mostly without an portection paladin we basically needed 5 people tanking. You can translate that to 3 missing DDs on morogrim compared to the pala-tank-strategy.

Right now thats ok. Prot-palas have their niche and so does every tank.
    With WotLK blizzard will give prot-aoe-tanking a huge boost and introduce DKs with pretty cool aoe-threat tools, leaving druids in the dust.

Or do they? I hope our aggro on 2 or 3 mobs at the same time will be the best avaiable so we have something we are really good at. Both the maul glyphe and the current berserk may lead in that direction. After all i could shrug off missing uncapped aoe-threat since i will most likely teaming with at least another tank who can do that job. And continuing that thought he will be chasing that stupid murlocs while i get to tank the boss - not that bad at all.

Since you will not very likely run with ferals only (all that nifty tank-plate) it should be fine. Like already mentioned 5-mans arent that important and being a tank i dont really fear missing out 5-man content to be honest.