whats the with naxx armor

so whats up with light armor pen and slam deal on pve gear? slam is not even in my rotation at all. and 43 armor pen??? that's crap. i could see slam for maybe OT if you arms but not in fury unless they are trying to crossbreed pve and pvp gear by adding that 10% slam stuff but even at that i still don't use slam. i'm ether missing something or whatever but can this be explained.

Re: whats the with naxx armor

fury gota talent that makes slam instant dont they?... and arms use it alot so win/win? oO
    Once upon a midnight dreary
    While i pron surfed, weak and weary
    Over many a site of ' hot xxx galore'.
    "'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"
    Quoth the server, 404.

killing a new raid boss is like having multiple orgasms only better.

Arms = Use of Slam ( DUH Right there )
    Fury = Instant Slam upon Bloodthirst crits

As said before: win/win.
    It's not right if it doesnt sound wrong.

Alright...

So YOU don't use slam, then why would ANYONE use slam then? Since you're the holy mighty reference for DPS Rotations... Also, are you asking for godly stats on cake&cookies difficulty raid stuff? Remember, Naxxramas is the first raid we will encounter in WotLK. You could do the same thing if you compared BT/Sunwell gear that got a ton of haste/armor pen to KZ gear that has no haste and no armor pen.

Quit crying, this is one raid among many. And review your DPS rotation.

~Pway

and 43 armor pen??? that's crap
    its armor penetration rating - similar to expertise or critical strike rating now there is a rating for armor penetration defining the percentage of armor being ignored by your attacks, meaning 43 armor pen rating will be much more effective than 43 armor penetration prewrath. please correct me if im wrong @ nerdcom

Deleted

the only thing u're wrong is the evaluation of rating ^^.Armor penetration has scaling abilities in TBC,meaning the more the best,but in wrath every single point is the same as the previous one.That means that,by percentage,u ignore more armor on an armored opponent and less on a clothie,compared to the TBC armor where u ignored the same to everyone.As for slam,ahem,as said b4,think it the WotLK way,not the way u dps now...fury goes for insta slam and arms has it in its regular dps rotation.As for the bleed thingie,its a boost to fury from deep wounds and to arms from deep wounds and rend,as some ppl might want to go for a rend/overpower spec(nonetheless,the expertise on these pieces shows that blizz actualy just wants to make all warriors to use rend every now and then,with or w/o overpower)

According to the author of RatingBuster, @ 80, 15.39529991 = 1% armor reduction. So if we round alittle 43/15.4= 2.79%. And by another post, it was figured the target dummies (lvl80 boss) have 10900armor. So that actually equals 304.11 armor pen in current live.

Also, dont forget that armor values are not linear, so more armor pen on Plate and less on Clothies is probably for the better.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Oke_ET
    According to the author of RatingBuster, @ 80, 15.39529991 = 1% armor reduction. So if we round alittle 43/15.4= 2.79%. And by another post, it was figured the target dummies (lvl80 boss) have 10900armor. So that actually equals 304.11 armor pen in current live.
    Math seems correct,apart from one thing:its 304.13armor pen on a boss with 10900armor,not in general.On a ,lets say,4k armor clothie its gonna be almos equal to 111,6armor ignored according to ur math.

Quote Originally Posted by Systema Sephirothicum
    Math seems correct,apart from one thing:its 304.13armor pen on a boss with 10900armor,not in general.On a ,lets say,4k armor clothie its gonna be almos equal to 111,6armor ignored according to ur math.
    Yea, i was just using a boss as a reference, was assuming most would realize the amount would change with the current targets armor due to it being a %

About the +10% damage on slam, well, it's ok for fury, but it's kinda OP for arms.

I tested arms on the 8926, 8960 and 8970 PTR builds, and slam is around 27% of my DPS. For a comparison, my white swings are around 25%.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't know of any other melee classes that have abilities that do more DPS than their white attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkway
    Alright...

So YOU don't use slam, then why would ANYONE use slam then? Since you're the holy mighty reference for DPS Rotations... Also, are you asking for godly stats on cake&cookies difficulty raid stuff? Remember, Naxxramas is the first raid we will encounter in WotLK. You could do the same thing if you compared BT/Sunwell gear that got a ton of haste/armor pen to KZ gear that has no haste and no armor pen.

Quit crying, this is one raid among many. And review your DPS rotation.

~Pway
    Simple and perfect. This post is clearly full of win

Deleted

For arms the 1st set bonus is on of the best i've seen ....since slam is about 35/40% of the dps for arms warrior

whit the 1st set bonus and 5 points in wrecking crew is the same as deathwish( for slam ofc)

between the 2 set bonuses on T7, you choose to complain about the useful one?