Page 1 of 2
LastLast

'Scriptors' sholder buffs vs rep ones?

I was wondering, how do the inscriptors sholder buffs that they now get compair to those that any class can get (I'm assuming via rep like is is now (Aldor/scryer)). I yet to be able to find any info on the non-scribe sholder enchants, so I'm hoping someone here has seen what they are.

Also, I'm right in thinking that the sholder enchants that inscriptors can do are infact only useable by them, right?

Re: 'Scriptors' sholder buffs vs rep ones?

Yes. I would also like to know.
    Kuura - Warrior | Jubie'Thos
    Kuraa - Priest | Jubie'Thos
    Kuurah - Rogue | Jubie'Thos

They're basically twice as powerful.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=44133 (Rep) vs http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=61117 (Scribe)
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Scribes
    Shoulder enchant.

Since these are the BoP versions, they'll be stronger than the regulation rep ones.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Scribes
    Inscribers' *

If you absolutely have to correct someone, at least do it right dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Aureact

Inscribers' *
    no, it's Scribes (or scrivener).

Deleted

Inscribers' *

fail
    its indeed called Scribe, not Inscriber

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Wow,

In light of this, I could see that incription would be a number one profession for tanks and healers.

IF you had alchemy, and incriptions, as costly as it might be. It would do wonders for healing buffs.

Also I am thinking of dropping Mining when I get to 80, and picking up inscriptions with blacksmithing, just because of the stam, dodge, and the extra glyph.

they removed the "extra glyph" thing from as far as i can remember, the shoulder enchant was put in to compensate for it, though could somebody confirm this? im very certain its like this but not 100%
    I tasted bacon.. one day..

Hrm, thanks Rilgon. I was thinking of droping Alch on my tank and picking up Inscription (Her other profession is Eng, and as a Gnome, I feel it is my duty to keep that).

So as a tank, seems its 52 dodge and 15 defense from the inscription sholder enchant vs 15 dodge and 10 defense (blue)/20 dodge 15 defense (epic). gona go out on a limb and say that the inscription one is better :

And yes, the extra glyph has been removed D:

And sorry about the spelling mistakes, its O-dark thirty here and I'm tired. I figgure if I get it close enough for you all to get what I'm saying, thats good enough.

Inscribers' *

Inscribers, scriptors, inscriptionists, all wrong.

As you can see from the earlier posts,
    I think you just made a fool of yourself

But hey, it happens to the best of us so and then, don't worry too much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Inscribers, scriptors, inscriptionists, all wrong.

As you can see from the earlier posts,
    I think you just made a fool of yourself

But hey, it happens to the best of us so and then, don't worry too much about it.
    What do you do when you use an inscription? You inscribe. Ergo you must be an inscriber (or inscriptionist).
    Or to be an absolute perfectionist: Epigrapher or Epigraphist (Epigraphy is the study of inscriptions)

For some additional documentation:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=20807
    http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=20808

EDIT: And by the way, I don't worry about it. I'm just trying to conclude some stuff here, since a lot of people are in doubt of this certain subject ^^

What do you do when you use an inscription? You inscribe. Ergo you must be an inscriber (or inscriptionist).
    No. Fail.

What do you do when you use a computer? You compute. Ergo you must be a computerer.
    Your logic is sound, for sure.

It's a scribe, or a scrivener.

Oh, and now you've edited your post. Epigraphy is the study of inscriptions that are carved into metal/stone or other durable materials. WoW inscriptions are on parchment.

I reiterate: It is not a goddamn inscriber.

i want a blue on this one!!

Quote Originally Posted by lucivaer
    No. Fail.

What do you do when you use a computer? You compute. Ergo you must be a computerer.
    Your logic is sound, for sure.

It's a scribe, or a scrivener.

Oh, and now you've edited your post. Epigraphy is the study of inscriptions that are carved into metal/stone or other durable materials. WoW inscriptions are on parchment.

I reiterate: It is not a goddamn inscriber.
    Actually 'compute" is what a computer does when it performs actions as far as I know. So I find this argument rather invalid :s

Scribe/scrivener is a general word for someone who writes stuff (way back it was someone who could read or write, which was rare then), like dictation or history.

EDIT: And did you read the links I posted above? The vendors selling inscriptions are actually called inscribers! /gasp

Holy shit, I like to be the grammar police as much as the next guy...but you people seriously need to shut the hell up. No one cares, stick to the topic, stop being a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumpp
    Holy shit, I like to be the grammar police as much as the next guy...but you people seriously need to shut the hell up. No one cares, stick to the topic, stop being a douche.
    Yeah sorry, guess this is kinda derailing the topic :s

Or to be an absolute perfectionist: Epigrapher or Epigraphist (Epigraphy is the study of inscriptions)

For some additional documentation:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=20807
    http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=20808

EDIT: And by the way, I don't worry about it. I'm just trying to conclude some stuff here, since a lot of people are in doubt of this certain subject ^^
    Dick move my friend, dick move, Bbr was just trying to cover your ass and you do that to him

Quote Originally Posted by kodynn2001
    Dick move my friend, dick move, Bbr was just trying to cover your ass and you do that to him
    Sorry, what did I do?
    He told me I as wrong, and I tried to show that I wasn't (or at least I don't think so at the moment) :s
    Wasn't trying to be an ass or anything ^^

PM me if you want to discuss all of this any further please ;D

It's an interesting subject surely.

The only people getting upset about it are the ones yelling it seems :P
    Chumpp, the OP has already been answered, so if you don't feel like partaking in the current part of the discussion, you're not forced to do so.

A scribe would refer to the "person" or his profession. Inscription is a new profession, and the old NPCs are limited just to shoulder enchants.
    The items they sell are inscriptions, which "inscribe" their power into shoulders as a form of enchant. To be accurate, if the NPC him/herself were to be the ones applying the enchant they could be called inscribers (I guess), but the term feels strange since it's basically something made up by Blizzard.

Inscription is a broader profession than just making shoulder enchants though, hence I don't consider it to be directly linked to "those" NPCs selling shoulder enchants.

"A scribe" as the subject goes is quite an old profession, it should show up on wikipedia easily enough. It'll likely show a character copying texts.

To put the ball back to ingame NPCs, this guy or this one are accurately called "scribe" as one would expect. They don't appear to be selling anything though.

Anyone got a link to an inscription trainer or vendor perhaps?