Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral Arena Spec

Can I get some feedback on this from beta people?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...00000000000000

I'm mainly wondering if the points in master shapeshifter would be spent in Primal Precision.

Re: Feral Arena Spec

hmm no rend and tear....i love me some rend and tear for any feral build.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see this build too good for arena.. As a feral, Naturalist is quite a must-have, 10% more dmg. Also, might be 'cause I'm not a fan of Mangle spam, I would specc more for Shred. Maybe take out the points of Thick Hide aswell.. I know it could be nice for bearform, but it got like 0 use for cat form and dps wich is what you mostly need in PvP later on as a feral. Sure, you want to survive, but if you kill your enemy fast enough, you don't have to swap to bearform.

Well, rend and tear applies to shred. This is more of a mangle spam build. I love shred, but I can save it for OOC procs. Mangle is just more worth the effort/energy in pvp with positioning issues.

For a more shred focused build. I just really find it hard to fit rend and tear in due to the points being spent in Restoration.

I'll maybe take something like this:

I think in a Shred focused build there is not a big need for Imp. Mangle (for cat form at least) so I rather took talents that bosst Shreds dmg a little more.
    About Shred for OoC procs, I think it might be hard to notice when exactly you get a OoC proc in the heat of a fight, but maybe that's just me not observing it properly.

Here you go, the best build I could come up with. I'll explain my choices after the link.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZxGMsfbdbxRhIuVo0Eczb

I did not get Thick Hide because honestly, 10% armor is a trivial amount when you consider what you're sacrificing to get it. It's just not worth it.

I did not get Survival of the Fittest because there are points spent better elsewhere besides 6% stats (I never thought the talent was worth getting for the crit reduction in PvP since it's only for melee). It's nice, but like with Thick Hide, not really worth it.

Here is where I come to a difficult decision. Improved Mangle, or full Naturalist. I considered dropping 3 points in Naturalist to get Improved Mangle, because this improves your damage output in Bear drastically and that is the form we go in when people try to make us worthless. Thanks to King of the Jungle and Rend and Tear, it won't be as easy to make us sitting ducks, but Imp. Mangle would make it even better since even with bleeds/Mangle debuff up, it's still worth it to Mangle again. This is more of a personal preference, and I will probably try both before I decide, however I'm leaning more toward the Imp. Mangle than the last 3 points in Naturalist.

Rend and Tear is absolutely imperative in any build you could possibly come up with. If you don't get this talent, you will not succeed. More damage, more threat if tanking is your thing, and come on...more damage. That's all you really need to say.

2 things:

1. why Berserk in a pvp build?
    2. why not Protector of the Pack?

Regardless of your decisions, it's built with lvl 80 in mind, and we have no idea how lvl 80 arena will play out.

Deleted

no offence but....all ur specs fail
    the "mangle spam" thingie is just stupid....being behind the target is a must in pvp, even if you don't use shred. and not using shred is dumb cuz the dmg difference between mangle and shred is really big...
    and related to the resto part of it... if u played PTR u would have noticed that the only way of healing more than getting nuked is through HT glyph, and naturalist is a must, so HT will be 1 sec, really no need to spend 3 points for less pushback on a 1 second cast
    the idea right now is to team with a rogue, he does the stunlock, and you mangle, rake, tiger's fury for 60 energy, go berserk and start pumping HUGE SHRED CRITS... so the specc looks like this

You need to understand what makes shred do better damage per energy. The target must be affected my mangle and be bleeding in order for shred to do more damage(with all appropriate talents included). So if you suck at managing your debuffs, go for mangle spam as this will allow you to get all the other good pvp points. If your more on the skilled side, go for a shred build glyphing your mangle, rip and shred, and team up with a rogue. BTW If you so happen to have 2pc t6, mangle does more base damage than shred per energy(since it only costs 29 energy vs 42 for shred). But for 80, t6 will be out in most cases so shred will come out on top. Positioning should be easy with Infected wounds, and the mangle glyph means you only need to mangle every 18 seconds right before your rip since glyphed rip only lasts 16 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by ovideozn
    no offence but....all ur specs fail
    the "mangle spam" thingie is just stupid....being behind the target is a must in pvp, even if you don't use shred. and not using shred is dumb cuz the dmg difference between mangle and shred is really big...
    and related to the resto part of it... if u played PTR u would have noticed that the only way of healing more than getting nuked is through HT glyph, and naturalist is a must, so HT will be 1 sec, really no need to spend 3 points for less pushback on a 1 second cast
    the idea right now is to team with a rogue, he does the stunlock, and you mangle, rake, tiger's fury for 60 energy, go berserk and start pumping HUGE SHRED CRITS... so the specc looks like this

You say that the other specs linked fail and then you link a spec that has Improved Mangle in it (which makes no sense, why would you spend 3 talent points for an ability that you only use every 18 seconds with the Glyph?) and NO NATURAL SHAPESHIFTER?!?!? What were you thinking not speccing into NS? And you only put 2 points into what is possibly the best talent ferals have ever received (the new Primal Tenacity). You should be ashamed of yourself.

Deleted

Improved Mangle is to solve some cycle problems, but considering they buffed Rake i agree that we can skip it, since we'll change the cycle.
    Natural Shapeshifter is no longer so important due to our new mana regeneration method, u'll see for urself if u don't belive me.
    Primal Tenacity doesn't seem as important as you say either...
    i mean either you get feared and the guy heals himself back to 100% either you don't get feared at all...so i honestly liked the old talent more...

what none of you noticed is that everybody has different opinions, which leads to different speccs, which IS very good, and what Blizz wants !

I'd have to play around with some PvP at 80 before I see just how droppable Natural Shapeshifter is. The only other thing I'd probably try to free up some points for is Primal Precision, some expertise never hurts, but not landing that FB and blowing your energy can be killer.

Feral sucked in Arena because you could easily play them oom. Just force them to shapeshift. Attack them when in cat, ignore them when in bear and laugh at them when in humanoid form.

I dont believe that has changed much. And leaving out natural shapeshifter is only making things worse. The only reason to skip those points would be if you could shapeshift generously even without it without going oom pretty soon. Cant imagine that happening since then you would have huge amounts of mana free to throw heals if you took the talent anyway. And with changing weapons to heal even feral heals are decent especially together with nurturing instinct.

But i still don't see how feral could be viable in arena. We miss the heal debuff and we can't fight the long run because we go oom from our basic function which is shapeshifting.

The only viable melee classes in arena have been those who had a heal debuff. And its the main reason they are taken anyway especially in 3s and 5s. Warrior and rogue. Everything else was just "exotic".

The problem is that without giving healing debuffs to ferals, ret paladins and melee shamans they would have to buff their burst damage so high to be viable that when you pair them up with a warrior or even rogue healers get useless because they have no chance to keep their partners alive over a burst phase.

Only way i see is give all melees the heal debuff. Then all melee classes become viable as the heal debuffer in 3s. Naturally you would have to take some things from them to balance them out. Shorten syome CDs or lower their damage a little.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by camy011
    yay....another mangle spammer
    meh ~_~

Deleted

And people wonder why most feral druids play at 1400 rating.... it takes 20 of them to even come up with a semi decent talent build

Quote Originally Posted by ovideozn
    yay....another mangle spammer
    meh ~_~
    This is an arena spec, for BGs you would obviously spec into shred, but...

Staying behind your target is not very practice in pvp, also having to keep rip/rake up and mangle up, while worrying about everything else in pvp, is not practical. (good luck using all your energy during berserk)

If you where to spec for shred you would give up your ability to use mangle well (improved mangle/ savage furry?)

Another benefit to mangle is you will generate more CPs to use for maim/savage roar/rip?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by camy011
    This is an arena spec, for BGs you would obviously spec into shred, but...

Staying behind your target is not very practice in pvp, also having to keep rip/rake up and mangle up, while worrying about everything else in pvp, is not practical. (good luck using all your energy during berserk)

If you where to spec for shred you would give up your ability to use mangle well (improved mangle/ savage furry?)

Another benefit to mangle is you will generate more CPs to use for maim/savage roar/rip?
    forums are not for unskilled feralnoobs who all they know to do is spam mangle ok ?
    forums are for professional guys who discuss.... professional things. mangle spam is obviously excluded