Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Top DPS Spec @ Level 70 Patch 3.0

So next week the patch hits and we are all wondering what is going to be the best dps spec to raid with, what with all our new toys we get right?

Well here it is -

0-21-40
    Sac succybus
    Keep up instant corruption and spam shadowbolt

It's STILL the best spec.
    Been spending all day on PTR today extensively testing specs and dps.

Just wanted to be the first person to say that shadowbolt spam still wins.
    Go on, i know everyone is guna disagree and show me all these flash elitist jerk charts "proving" me wrong, but you will see when the patch comes.

Fully unbuffed -

Affliction - No matter what spec i try or rotation i use, i cant hit past 1.8k dps. And that is with perfect dot rotations on a single static target. (you go oom fast, and keeping up perfect rotation on an actual boss fight will be very hard)

Destruction Fire - Again, i cant hit past 1.8k sustained dps (you go oom fast compared to bolt spam)

Destruction Shadow - BAM 2.3k sustained dps unbuffed. Mana efficiency is awesome, and all you do is hit corruption when it runs out and spam shadowbolts.

Anyway, feel free to disagree with me, i know everyone is going to. Ill resurect this thread in 2 weeks, when everyone has reverted back to shadowbolt spamming in raids.

Re: Top DPS Spec @ Level 70 Patch 3.0

oh dear weren't you quitting lock? weren't you supposed to be smart somewhere else?

i mean come on, i was on your side when you posted that whine thread, but this is getting fecking old. get over yourself please. noone cares if you are right or not.

I made this account to tell you

5/4/52 out dps any shadow build u can do with 0/21/40

I tried everything completely unbuffed no spell stones on because you didn't say if or which you used.

I've been constantly doing better in beta as a 5/13/43 for 5 mans.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

all i have been doing in beta is new content so i don't know about 25 man raids or leveling. puting up CoE Corruption and send pet/ sb spam has been working great for me

@Carnagefoo you should link the spec in the talent calc

the reason for affliction not doing that great is because pandemic everlasting affliction are both broken. pandemic hits for 1pt of damage instead of double dot damage on pt and everlasting affliction does give you any bonus damage on your dot ticks and when you re apply the dots before they run out they go back down to their original starting values instead of staying at max if everlasting was working. also when wrath comes out and you can get ruin with affliction.. it will indeed pwn . however for this patch.. tbh i think every spec is broken all to hell and i dont know what im going to do when we get into SW again lol.

if you are not using SB's after conflags as destro, you are doing it wrong

pandemic is working just fine, it only does 1dmg when you're using the target dummies with 1hp. My pandemic does the full dmg that my dot did. The only 2 reasons aff won't do more dmg at lvl 70 is the new drain-soul isn't available until lvl 77, which is the most dps spell (yes, more dps than sb) when the target is below 25%, due to the 4x damage.., and the fact that you can't make a build w/ ruin.

demo will be wanted for the raid-buff, and destro will be the top dps (as the fire rotation, not sb spam, at least according to the computer-generated charts).

Wanted to get some feedback on this spec using the imp, but i have no idea. I'm just happy to be doing something other than shadowbolt, dont really care if its 500 dps below sb spam, this brings a sort of challenge to destro .

Quote Originally Posted by Darium47

Wanted to get some feedback on this spec using the imp, but i have no idea. I'm just happy to be doing something other than shadowbolt, dont really care if its 500 dps below sb spam, this brings a sort of challenge to destro .

cast rotation is corruption-immo-incinx3-lifetap-conflag-shadowboltx2-chaosbolt

Hey, there we have mr. crybaby aka lock-quitter again!

If you want to be taken seriously you should post more data regarding your tests. For example:

a. Were you solo, or in a group?
    b. If you were in a group, with what classes were you?
    c. Were you buffed? If so, what buffs were you using?
    etc... etc...

My tests result that this build: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=I0xZcZVcGVr0uVcAbct
    gives roughly the same dps as our 'old' 21/40 build on live servers. After 3.x the 21/40 build will be weakened significantly.

On ptr the succubus saccing build gave me solo ~1.5k dps, whilst the imp+fire build gave me solo ~1.8k dps. In a raid environment with an ele shammy, moonkin, fire mage and retri pally I maintained 2.7-2.8k dps. I think the paladin's mana regen is far too strong/bugged though.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus
    There we have mr. I talk nonsense all the day

If you want to be taken seriously you should post more data regarding your tests
    Thats what you should try to do instead of posting numbers that are not valid

On ptr the succubus saccing build gave me solo ~1.5k dps, whilst the imp+fire build gave me solo ~1.8k dps. In a raid environment with an ele shammy, moonkin, fire mage and retri pally I maintained 2.7-2.8k dps. I think the paladin's mana regen is far too strong/bugged though.
    Thats something we can work with, it should have been in your first post...
    Nevertheless your "tests" are stupid and not worth taking notice of...

Actually, you're the one nobody takes notice of. For the simple fact that you haven't posted a single constructive comment on this forum, whatsoever.

Questions inundate my mind as I read your nonsense;
    1. Was your extra chromosome hereditary?
    2. Do you actually have a Warlock character?
    3. Do you know anything about raiding and raiding specs?
    4. Have you ever tried the various builds and rotations on ptr?
    5. Did you have access to the beta?
    6. Do you realize that you're trying to be offensive but fail miserably?
    7. Do you realize that your English spelling is worse than that of a primary school pupil, yet you try to bash other people's sentences?

Good luck with the trolls kiddo.

I'll be on EU PTR this evening again. If anyone wants to test solo and raid DPS, whisper me. Character name is Nocturnus ofc.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

hohoho

1. better than your 2 male parents
    2. my warlock has even better equipment
    3. it seems that i know more than you about raiding
    4. I tested your spec and rotation and it sucks, its not better than any other rotation.
    5. nope
    6. guild leader of <crapguild> - of course you are an old man and you are so experienced in life bla bla bla
    7. congratz you are better than me in English, nevertheless you don't know how to play warlock, pls stop playing WoW thank you

I had a bet running with a mate of mine. My statement was that your unconfined stupidity would lead you to answering my previous post in a serious manner. You've won me 20 euros mate. Oh and the "my gear is teh bett0r" made our day, thanks

didn't know that you are really so stupid, makes it even more funny ;D

I've tried that very same build and it gave me a lower dps output. What is your rotation? By the way, I posted the following in the thread 'DPS on PTR':

==================================

Hey guys,

First of all, thanks to everyone who's contributed in posting useful information in this thread. Doesn't seem like much, but it does help. Never mind the idiotic trolls, they follow you wherever you go.

As promised I gave it another try:

In both scenarios the raid group consisted of: 1 Warlock (me), 1 Moonkin, 1 Fire mage, 1 Elemental Sham, 1 rogue and 1 'mana battery' retri-paladin.

This first screenshot was about ~2 minutes into the fight and just after a bloodlust.

This second screenshot was ~7 minutes into the fight, I forgot to enable the timer at start, that's why it shows 3m19s

After ~7 minutes constantly casting without needing to life tap once, my mana was at approximately 40%. The Moonkin's mana was literally full. (His own regen stacks with the pally's regen apparently.

I've tried that very same build and it gave me a lower dps output. What is your rotation? By the way, I posted the following in the thread 'DPS on PTR':

Hey guys,

First of all, thanks to everyone who's contributed in posting useful information in this thread. Doesn't seem like much, but it does help. Never mind the idiotic trolls, they follow you wherever you go.

As promised I gave it another try:

In both scenarios the raid group consisted of: 1 Warlock (me), 1 Moonkin, 1 Fire mage, 1 Elemental Sham, 1 rogue and 1 'mana battery' retri-paladin.

This first screenshot was about ~2 minutes into the fight and just after a bloodlust.

This second screenshot was ~7 minutes into the fight, I forgot to enable the timer at start, that's why it shows 3m19s

After ~7 minutes constantly casting without needing to life tap once, my mana was at approximately 40%. The Moonkin's mana was literally full. (His own regen stacks with the pally's regen apparently.

Your two images show your clock saying 9:17 then 9:27, so approx 10 min fight not 7

If you want to be taken seriously you should post more data regarding your tests. For example:

a. Were you solo, or in a group?
    b. If you were in a group, with what classes were you?
    c. Were you buffed? If so, what buffs were you using?
    etc... etc...

My tests result that this build: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=I0xZcZVcGVr0uVcAbct
    gives roughly the same dps as our 'old' 21/40 build on live servers. After 3.x the 21/40 build will be weakened significantly.

your build has Fire and Brim but no conflag or backdraft?

Yea maybe it was 10, forgot to set the timer when we started. I guess it validates my points even more. Long fight --> no life taps --> no mana pots = over powered mana regen. Also, this would mean that the Moonkin was at ~full mana after 10 min starfire spam

Edit: Indeed mortuarius, I don't have conflag and backdraft.