Main professions

So, im rolling a Death Knight main come expansion and I need some help deciding on what are the best 2 professions to go with.

- The choice is between Inscription vs. Enchanting vs. Jewelcrafting

- Personal buffs are the most important, and money making is important as well

- I'm not doing BS or engineering or gathering professions.

- Whatever 2 are chosen, the other one is going on my alt so it canpotentially feed my main (i.e. scrolls to do enchanting etc.)

Enchanting -

- Ring enchants
    - Access to higher enchants in instances for selling on scrolls

Jewelcrafting -

- 3 BOP gems
    - Gems sell very well and for a decent amount of gold

Inscription -

- Shoulder Enchants
    - Glyphs, although definitely cheaper than gems, need to be switched out even during a respec. so again potential money maker
    - potentially not complete as its still being tweaked in beta

Did I miss anything? a different profession that blows the others out of the water? Thanks for all your help on the decision ;D

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Main professions

JC and Inscription. Make an alt for Mining, herbalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

I already got a miner and herbalists, it merely a matter of the best self-buffs and potential money maker abilities. Whatever provides the least amount of self-buff or least amount of cash i can throw onto my alt

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterUrge
    I already got a miner and herbalists, it merely a matter of the best self-buffs and potential money maker abilities. Whatever provides the least amount of self-buff or least amount of cash i can throw onto my alt
    If would say the best combo for self buffs is JC and BS because they fit well together.

If not JC and Inscriptions is next best.

thanks ev, any one else have any opinions on this?

Mine will go BS / EC for best dmgoutput buff as a DK, think BS for meta as far as i heard you can create a second meta socket, EC for ring enchants!

Thought about JC aswell coz of 3 BoP gems but not sure tho, imo 3 BoP gems cant mess with a second metaslot and an additional glove socket. What do you think about that? Ring enchants are vgood for a tanking specc aswell as metasocket so thats the way i will go for like 99%~.

If your alt is taking the 3rd prof, then it may as well take the biggest money making one. The other 2 are likely to have more personal buffs, to compensate for the lack of cashflow.

Why not Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting? 3 extra sockets plus the special JC gems and a sellable waist socket will add more DPS/Tanking viability than inscription and ring enchants. Just curious.

blacksmithing and jewelcrafting is a good choice

Will you be raiding or pvp ??
    For raiding Alchemy/JC or Enchanting is best
    Double durations on flasks/elixiers will help with costs and farming time. Enchanting/Jc is for the constant upgrade to gears.

For pvp: Engineering/Enchanting or JC
    Engineering cos its got all the cool pvp toys.
    Enchanting/JC again is awsome cos the constant gears upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterUrge
    Inscription -

- Shoulder Enchants
    - Glyphs, although definitely cheaper than gems, need to be switched out even during a respec. so again potential money maker
    - potentially not complete as its still being tweaked in beta

Did I miss anything? a different profession that blows the others out of the water? Thanks for all your help on the decision ;D
    Just a heads up, Blizzard said not to long ago(and I am not going link hunting, but I did see it) that you will have two Glyph setups when they introduce the Dual Spec system, your Glyphs will change when you change your spec. Just a heads up.

On Professions, out of the three you listed, I suggest Inscription and Jewelcrafting for the Shoulder Enchant, the Extra Major Glyph, BoP Gems, and a nice BoP Trinket, however I would like to suggest an alternative...

Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting. As stated before you get to add a socket to your gloves, your bracers, your belt, and 1 handed weapons. Thats 3 guaranteed slots that you can get stats out of. Not to mention there is the rumor that Armorsmiths will be able to add a Meta socket to their chest which is amazing! Just my thoughts... Anyone that can dual-wield or is in plate should go with Blacksmithing, but thats just my opinion.

Extra major glyph was removed.