LastLast

Feral Charge (cat)

so they are separate cooldowns now?

Re: Feral Charge (cat)

bump...

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

They are now separate CDs but not to where you can use one after the other.

Instead, if you use Feral Charge Cat, it triggers its 30 sec CD & a 15 sec CD on Feral Charge Bear.. If you use Feral Charge Bear, it triggers a 15 sec CD for both Feral Charge Bear and Feral Charge Cat.

Thus, you'll be wanting to use Feral Charge Bear a lot more than Feral Charge Cat. Feral Charge Cat is also useless compared to Feral Charge Bear... No Immobilize, no interrupt, and has a 2x longer CD.

Not to mention, now that you regenerate Energy while in Bear Form -- You lose no Energy should you decide to just go into Bear Form and Feral Charge back then shift back into Kitty.

In the end, Feral Charge (Cat) is fail. Feral Charge (Bear) is better in every situation except going into Bear Form to use it will then cost you mana shifting into Bear and then cost you mana shifting back into Cat Form -- Thus, mana constraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphk

Instead, if you use Feral Charge Cat, it triggers its 30 sec CD & a 15 sec CD on Feral Charge Bear.. If you use Feral Charge Bear, it triggers a 15 sec CD for both Feral Charge Bear and Feral Charge Cat.

Thus, you'll be wanting to use Feral Charge Bear a lot more than Feral Charge Cat. Feral Charge Cat is also useless compared to Feral Charge Bear... No Immobilize, no interrupt, and has a 2x longer CD.

Not to mention, now that you regenerate Energy while in Bear Form -- You lose no Energy should you decide to just go into Bear Form and Feral Charge back then shift back into Kitty.

In the end, Feral Charge (Cat) is fail. Feral Charge (Bear) is better in every situation except going into Bear Form to use it will then cost you mana shifting into Bear and then cost you mana shifting back into Cat Form -- Thus, mana constraints.
    At least it will be useful in PvE?? lol.

Well maybe if they lower the c/d... unless they are promoting shifting alot...even though none of our pvp gear has int on it

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fighterx
    At least it will be useful in PvE?? lol.

Well maybe if they lower the c/d... unless they are promoting shifting alot...even though none of our pvp gear has int on it
    Yeah, no int thus why Imp LoTP now restores 8% of our mana on a healing proc.

Two procs will cover one shift and half of HoT heal -- Not too shabby.

www.kittystep.com

thats not an actual link... why not just

/cast Feral Charge
    /cast Cat Form

same effect, but puts you right back into cat form. I guess its pretty pointless to have feral charge cat unless fighting like a hunter. but the situations where i would want to use it over bear charge are doubtful. I think they should just make them the same, but one you can cast in catform. I just dont want to have to lose the mana from switching into bear, charging, then back to cat.. just too much mana wasted... I just think they wanted to add a cool ability... I mean I have done it on PTR it looks cool, but is innefective... just like feral.

Koumaru

Feral Charge Cat is also useless compared to Feral Charge Bear... No Immobilize, no interrupt, and has a 2x longer CD.
    Feral Charge - Cat dazes your target for 3 seconds.

It also functions differently from Feral Charge - Bear, kind of a hybrid of that ability and Shadowstep. Feral Charge - Cat does not require a valid movement path to the target as long as you have line of sight. You can Feral Charge - Cat someone who is flying 25 yards above you in midair, and you will leap straight up and be able to get off a single hit on him/her (in this case, as long as he/she isn't moving). Bear cannot do that. You can hop up to an enemy on a ledge you cannot otherwise path to. You can't do that in bear form unless there's some terrain up which to run (even though that terrain need not be scalable normally).

You can also use it while stealthed without aggroing the target in PvE (and without breaking stealth).

There's a reason it has twice the cooldown of Feral Charge - Bear.

Not sure I agree with that, given all of the above. ;D

lol be grateful, u got another way to keep on ur target without switchin forms. try not to bitch about something that helps u

haha 25 feet up in the air is awesome

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Koumaru
    Feral Charge - Cat dazes your target for 3 seconds.

It also functions differently from Feral Charge - Bear, kind of a hybrid of that ability and Shadowstep. Feral Charge - Cat does not require a valid movement path to the target as long as you have line of sight. You can Feral Charge - Cat someone who is flying 25 yards above you in midair, and you will leap straight up and be able to get off a single hit on him/her (in this case, as long as he/she isn't moving). Bear cannot do that. You can hop up to an enemy on a ledge you cannot otherwise path to. You can't do that in bear form unless there's some terrain up which to run (even though that terrain need not be scalable normally).

There's a reason it has twice the cooldown of Feral Charge - Bear.
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that.

However, no terrain pathing needed when you leap so slow unless under the effect of Dash that you end up landing out of melee range from them even with the Daze, and they get a spellcast off on you anyways...

There's absolutely no reason why it's 2x the CD. Either way, in the case of LoS, it'll be nice for Blade's Edge Arena and Dalaran Sewers Arena to jump up on pillars / edges. Other than that, Feral Charge Bear is still what you should want to use. If they had it at least interrupt spells as well, it would change everything.

Which, Maim being a Finisher + an interrupt is silly, so giving us one more interrupt that can be used provided we're at a range would be nice. In fact, screw interrupt, Feral Charge (Cat) should straight up stun someone like interrupt so we can then Shred with Glyph of Shred and get 20% bonus damage. Then, it'd definitely be more useful combining an interrupt and immobilize into a Stun.

Koumaru

The daze effect is applied right when you use the ability, and your jump to the target is complete in less than a second from the maximum range of 25 yards. If you do it from stealth, you can Pounce before your target can target you (dazing him/her does not destealth you; in PvE the daze doesn't even cause aggro or put you into combat).

Mages and paladins with very good reflexes could iceblock/bubble when they receive the daze, or the mage could cast a couple of arcane explosions to hopefully destealth you, but with unlucky timing you might still get the pounce off. Either way someone blew a cooldown or burnt some mana (no more rank-1 AoE for destealthing utility with the downrank nerfs).

So I will admit that the ability is situational, but if you're chasing a moving target while you're stealthed, cat charge gives you a slew of tactical advantages.

Cat charge should have the same effects as bear's one, period!

Koumaru

Seems like that would be a nerf...

How would it be a nerf? I say just take off the c/d... or lower it to 15.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Koumaru
    The daze effect is applied right when you use the ability, and your jump to the target is complete in less than a second from the maximum range of 25 yards. If you do it from stealth, you can Pounce before your target can target you (dazing him/her does not destealth you; in PvE the daze doesn't even cause aggro or put you into combat).

Mages and paladins with very good reflexes could iceblock/bubble when they receive the daze, or the mage could cast a couple of arcane explosions to hopefully destealth you, but with unlucky timing you might still get the pounce off. Either way someone blew a cooldown or burnt some mana (no more rank-1 AoE for destealthing utility with the downrank nerfs).

So I will admit that the ability is situational, but if you're chasing a moving target while you're stealthed, cat charge gives you a slew of tactical advantages.
    I'm in beta.. I've had Ret Paladins talented into Pursuit of Justice run out of range before I landed. Of course, this isn't Feral Charge (Cat), it's the same Feral Range Bug that has been in the game since forever which is fixed with our 50% snare but you Feral Charge at the position the person is at, it doesn't orient itself on their movements. In addition, you'll end up behind the target maybe 1 out of 4 times. It's pretty much garbage without an interrupt or immobilize, adding either or would make the ability semi-decent.

Finally, the guy told me not to bitch. I've been playing a Feral Druid for a long time -- I'm not bitching, I'm in Beta playing with these things now. It's actually more viable to shift into Bear Form + Feral Charge to interrupt + Bash then Cat Form and get 2 free Shreds then Maim creating a 6 - 7 sec stunlock than to stay in Cat Form & use Feral Charge Cat. For that reason, I actually am not bitching -- I'm telling people how flawed the design is for Feral Charge (Cat) compared to Feral Charge (Bear). If anything, they should make Feral Charge (Cat) daze apply to the Feral Charge (Bear) so that when I decide to charge a mob that gets away from me on aggro, if I move out of range while it is immobilized it will turn on a person in range.. If it were a simple Daze, this wouldn't happen. Then if Feral Charge (Cat) had an immobilize -- I'd actually land in melee range everytime & likely behind someone.

Koumaru

Sounds like a good suggestion. Better results for PvP and PvE that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    That can happen with things like shadowstep as well, don't think it's a bug.
    I hope your joking...

I like the ability as is, there are several fights where you have to run away and then back in. (Prince in Kara comes to mind.) This allows my character to get back into position faster and continue DPS. The fact it does not break stealth is an added benefit to get in on a fight where being in stealth meant slow start of DPS from you due to getting in and getting that pounce off first (good chunk of dps there). Now it's feral charge, pounce and off we go.

The slight stun also lets me get a single shred in sometimes. Though with the lag on the beta servers it's been hard to reliably test this.

Anyone experiencing disappearing mobs after cat charge?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fighterx
    I hope your joking...
    why should kitties have it better then rogues?

oh wait, the rangebug... so we gonna change a spell to become a little bit OP instead of fixing a bug. I see...

and I know, the range bug is here since beta or somewhat, but changing spells around a bug instead of fixing the bug itself is never a solution...