Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Getting paid to play wow?

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    hehe i did that.. its fun for the first week or two, then gets boring as hell.
    QFT sir! Ugh, thankfully there are plenty of new games that I could play to help out with bordem.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger
    Get a haircut, and get a real job. Clean your act up, and don't be a slob. Get it together like your big brother Bob. Why don't you get a haircut, and get a real job?
    The only thing my big brother Bob got together was a bunch of drugs. That and he is fat and out of shape, what would that get me?

Quote Originally Posted by koruption
    Just do what I do:

Find a job that let's you telecommute. (a real, actual, get paid decent money + benefits and never have to talk to anyone job).

Set your WoW computer up next to your work computer and tap into your T1 line that your work provided you.

Play while working!

good man

i couldnt play at my last job, but i just moved to a new company. not really a promotion because i went somewhere else, buts its way better. day 2 my boss, the president of the whole company, walked in and asked me what he should spec his rogue now, and told me to bring in my wow discs the next day haha.

im getting a new mac next week because "i need it for media." lol

paid to play wow indirectly ftw

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by oglaigh

good man

i couldnt play at my last job, but i just moved to a new company. not really a promotion because i went somewhere else, buts its way better. day 2 my boss, the president of the whole company, walked in and asked me what he should spec his rogue now, and told me to bring in my wow discs the next day haha.

im getting a new mac next week because "i need it for media." lol

paid to play wow indirectly ftw
    We all envy you

Quote Originally Posted by ovideozn
    We all envy you

haha sorry man that wasnt my goal. it really isnt that hard if u realize its possible and just go look for a job that u can do that at. :P

i know quite a few people that play from work though other than me.

Deleted

How about the question, getting laid by playing WoW? Or even better, getting laid while playing WoW? I've experienced both

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    How about the question, getting laid by playing WoW? Or even better, getting laid while playing WoW? I've experienced both

or what about getting laid at work while playing wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    its harder than you think... most of the time they want people who are actively involved in gaming communities .. (recognized for writing guides etc.).. who have some sort of computer related education... have great writing skills... and a vast portfolio of gaming experience...

This is completely untrue. I worked for THQ as a game tester / Test lead for almost 5 years. I got the job straight out of high school, and the only pre requisite was that I was 18 and was available for full time work. We had all aspects of people game test, men, women, gamers, non gamers, it didnt matter. Testing a game and playing a game are two completely different concepts which most people won't be able to grasp.

I mostly did our wrestling titles throughout my time there, but there was a 6 month stint where I was on Finding Nemo in 25 different languages....Doing stuff like swimming my fish into a wall with semi breakable collision for an hour wiggling around trying to break through the world....Garbage like that. Game Testing is tolerable if you work with great people, which in most cases you will....But the pay sucks, the hours suck, the rewards suck. Thus why I am no longer there.

However, at least 4 people that I have trained are now game Producers and make 6 figures at THQ...so there is hope if you are a smart kid.

Quote Originally Posted by oglaigh
    or what about getting laid at work while playing wow!
    1.) there is a story behind the word WoWhead lol
    2.) how about getting laid at work while playing WoW, AND your boss is handing you your fat pay check for that week. Looks at you and says "Nice work Smith, keep it up." ??? anyone?

I am a game addicted hooker, and strangely enough that has happened to me. Dude loved watching me play and polish the mushroom headed monster...very wierd and my partner/pimp handed me my cash during one of our sessions....

Quote Originally Posted by Applesaus
    1.) there is a story behind the word WoWhead lol
    2.) how about getting laid at work while playing WoW, AND your boss is handing you your fat pay check for that week. Looks at you and says "Nice work Smith, keep it up." ??? anyone?
    Ah, but how about if your boss is an uber hot milf, going down on you while you play wow...and giving you your paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky
    i saw i a post a while back someone mentioned the fact that Nihilum get paid to play and clear content, and i suspect that sk gaming is in the same boat if its true.

so my question is, is this true? can u get paid to play wow as a job?
    Yes, yes you can. It's called QA, or Quality Assurance. Blizzard has a large battery of people who do nothing but get paid to play WoW all day.

Of course, becoming a true, paid QA tester for any game is pretty much a sure way to end any and all want to ever play that game outside of the job again. They don't necessarily "play" the game in the sense that we do, but they do things like die a hundred times in a hundred different places across the world in a single day to make sure that death mechanics and graveyards are working properly, or fight the same boss fifty times consecutively to make sure that it's using all it's abilities properly and verify it's loot table, or do every quest in a zone five times to make sure that drop rates are good, and that rewards are given properly, and that all quests can be attained.

On the up side, QA testers get their hands on things before they go Beta, so you'd get to see everything before everyone else, but of course you'd be bound by a nondisclosure agreement which if broken would not only cost you your job, but quite possibly a costly civil suit.

They do closed/open betas on games like this to catch the smaller bugs or those which occur rarely, as they may have 50 or more QA testers, but 50 people can't catch nearly as many of those as thousands of beta testers can.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknot
    And miss getting the Achievement?

lol'd.

Good Job.