Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Level 80 Feral DPS Rotation

Yeah, i found myself with some time over on EJ today while at work and confirmed what i was thinking. Apparently mangle is a better attack to use than shred if you have 2pc t6 bonus.

Cat DPS has priorities, not rotations. You adjust as timers are presented.

1. SR must stay up
    2. 5pt Rip
    3. Mangle debuff
    4. Rake

Blow combos on FB if Rip and SR have enough time for you to make it worth the burst.
    Effectively until better gear is presented in the game, you can take off Mangle due to Manglespam outdpsing Shred (and Mangle being even MORE valuable if you still have 2 piece tier 6 on).

I lol'ed at nubs who still think mangle doesnt work for shred ... Ahahaha ...

My rotation is used with mangle... Most of the time the Position requirement make shred a pain in the ass to use ... And the 7 energy less make easier to put finishing move...(On 5 combo point, you get 35 energy more than if you used shred, assuming none of them crited) ... They buffed mangle so well, than the damage lost can only be seen through theorycrafting (Which end up being arround 6%, its nothing) ... Mangle is better than shred ... And you can actually focus on keeping bleed up all time than focus on trying to make shred ...

Rotation is

--open--
    Mangle
    1cp SR

--Rotation--
    (Keep Rake Refreshed at all time)
    mangle/rake to 5cb
    5cp Rip
    mangle/rake to 5cb
    5cp SR

Just be smart with it...

End up pulling More dps on bosses then shred rotation because 50% of my dmg is made from bleeds and all bosses have high armor...

As many have already stated, the days of Mangle, Shred, Shred, Shred, Shred, Rip are generally over. We have a DPS prioritization cycle now. I've yet to do extensive testing, but I will be mirroring the cycle on EJ:

1. Keep up Rake
    2. Keep up Mangle
    3. If both are up, Shred for combo points
    4. Use Tiger's Fury at 25 energy or less
    5. Use OoC procs to Shred over a Rip/FB
    6. Use only 5-CP finishers
    7. Keep up Savage Roar
    8. Keep up Rip
    9. If Rip and SR are up and Rip has more than 4-5 seconds left, FB
    10. Berserk on cooldown, ideally when at 80-90 energy with TF up

Keep in mind, that this is not in exact order. They are just points to remember when DPSing.

Oh, and PS to the Shred/Mangle noobs."Effects which increase Bleed damage also increase Shred damage." and "causes the target to take 30% additional damage from bleed effects for 12 sec.". The only difference between Bear and Cat Mangle is the damage it does (115% normal damage plus 299 vs 200% normal damage plus 634).

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=48572
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=48564
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=48566

hey just a quicknote on the difference mangle/shred I did some quick calculations and it differs at 30%crit chance about 0.0015 cppe(combopoint per energy) wich mangle does more then shred.

6*60*3+100= 1180 energy in a 6 minute fight

this means that it's about 1.6 combo point improvement over a fight of 6 minutes with spamming only 1 abilety this is I can safly say neglectable

note this is with a bleed effect up as it effects the crit rate of shred wich is critical to these kinds of combopoint calculations

that being said if you take into acount ooc procs the cppa(combopoint per attack) of shred is 1.2+(crit/100) with 30% crit this would be 1.5 where mangle would get 1+(crit/100) and the total damage of shred from my calculations(with mangle and bleed effect on target) is double the amount of mangle and it being the most expensive attack on your bar it's the only button you'd want to push for ooc procs.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mordreas
    hey just a quicknote on the difference mangle/shred I did some quick calculations and it differs at 30%crit chance about 0.0015 cppe(combopoint per energy) wich mangle does more then shred.

6*60*3+100= 1180 energy in a 6 minute fight

this means that it's about 1.6 combo point improvement over a fight of 6 minutes with spamming only 1 abilety this is I can safly say neglectable

note this is with a bleed effect up as it effects the crit rate of shred wich is critical to these kinds of combopoint calculations

that being said if you take into acount ooc procs the cppa(combopoint per attack) of shred is 1.2+(crit/100) with 30% crit this would be 1.5 where mangle would get 1+(crit/100) and the total damage of shred from my calculations(with mangle and bleed effect on target) is double the amount of mangle and it being the most expensive attack on your bar it's the only button you'd want to push for ooc procs.

Your calculation there is wrong.

100 energy to start
    10 energy every sec from standard regen (360 sec total)
    60 energy from TF every 30 sec

so it would be: 100 + (10x360) + 60 x 12 = 4420 energy

now for the sake of convenience lets say you only Druid A only uses mangle and Druid B only uses shred both with your 30% crit

Druid A (2p T6 fully mangle talented)
    Mangle = 29 energy
    4420/29 = 152 manges = 198 CP

Druid B
    Shred = 42 energy
    4420/29 = 105 Shreds = 136 CP

that is alot more than 1.6CP over a 6minute fight, sure this is ignore all your other moves which are a standard energy cost from both specs but mangle spam puts out more CP's (by a fair bit)

One thing to note about the mangle spam build is it will scale better with crit than a shred build BUT your losing out on direct upgrades to 2 dps slots

Haven't done any extensive testing on this with the current state of things, but I thought that the "always go for a 5 CP Rip" was a bad idea.

The General idea being that if you are sitting at 4 CP, you should immediately try to Rip, because if you go for that last combo point, and you crit, you have basicly just wasted a CP.

of course, this directly ties into something else I have wondered about, namely:

What do you guys do to avoid the dreaded "A more powerful spell is in effect" error?

With Savage roar potentially falling off, 1 (possibly 2) trinkets that may have an "on hit / on crit" +ap effect, and possibly an Idol (if you have been unlucky getting the +rip idol / new shred idol) that also can proc +agility (for yet more +ap), not to mention any group buffs that may be fading in and out, I quite often find myself sitting at 5 combo points with a Rip still going that I can not overwrite because my last one was based on some arbitrary amount of extra AP from a temp buff that just faded.

Do you save those 5 cp until Rip runs out? FB with them? Blast off a 5 pt savage roar for kicks?

Ok.
    The math was done in many other tread and forums, and I don't want to repeat my math.

As for the rotation with this spec:

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...00000000000000

you can easly do 5k dps in naxx10 gear (I'm actually doing 4k dps in blue/heroic gear with the majority of items enchanted/gemmed for tanking).

The rotation is not a rotation but a conditional algoritm.

Normal Cycle
    1. If you don't have a mangle bot keep mangle up.
    2. Keep rake up
    3. Shred if you have both mangle and rake up but alway manage to have enough energy for mangle and rake.
    4. Use Tiger Fury with less than 40 energy.
    5. When ooc proc, always shred.

Finishers
    1. Keep Savage Roar up with a number of combo-points >=2 (if you have more use them when it vanish, if you have less, built at least 2 cp).
    2. If SR is UP, Use RIP at 5 CP.
    3. If both SR and RIP is up and there are more than 5 seconds left on RIP timer use Ferocious Bite with energy <=40.
    4. If you have more than 40 energy and more than 7-8 seconds left on RIP use shred (also at 5 cp).
    5.If you have less than 5 seconds left on RIP refresh rip (if possible) or use shred (also at 5 cp).

With this algoritm you are usually alternate (depending on your crit/hit, etc..) between a 2SR/5RIP cycle and a 4SR/5RIP/5FB cycle. If I see my recount out of 5 finisher I usually do 3 rip and 2 FB (hit, expertise capped and 40% crit before raid buffs).

Quote Originally Posted by Alski

Your calculation there is wrong.

100 energy to start
    10 energy every sec from standard regen (360 sec total)
    60 energy from TF every 30 sec

so it would be: 100 + (10x360) + 60 x 12 = 4420 energy

now for the sake of convenience lets say you only Druid A only uses mangle and Druid B only uses shred both with your 30% crit

Druid A (2p T6 fully mangle talented)
    Mangle = 29 energy
    4420/29 = 152 manges = 198 CP

Druid B
    Shred = 42 energy
    4420/29 = 105 Shreds = 136 CP

that is alot more than 1.6CP over a 6minute fight, sure this is ignore all your other moves which are a standard energy cost from both specs but mangle spam puts out more CP's (by a fair bit)

One thing to note about the mangle spam build is it will scale better with crit than a shred build BUT your losing out on direct upgrades to 2 dps slots
    yes but you are using different data from mine, first of all eventhough the T6 bonus is nice but not everyone has it, and with a quick glance at the stat except for armor it isnt better then T7. that in mind the mangle spam would be

4420/35= 126
    126*1.3=168 combopoints

and considering normal combat situations you will always prioratize bleeds above attacks giving shred 20% more crit chance

Shred = 42 energy
    4420/29 = 105 Shreds
    105*1.5=152 combopoints from shred

agreed because of the higher number in energy you will have a bigger difference, but I never see myself use anywhere close to these numbers making the difference alot less important

but indeed I estimate the total for replacing all shreds with mangle gives about 1 or 2 combopoints more in a fight, but on OOC procs a shred gives more combopoints so it would be wise to keep shred on your bar and watch for procs.

this is ofcourse in total disregard of the actual damage both attacks do...

hehehehe

Rotation I Use:
    1.Mangle(the debuff this give out is just as important as anoy of ur bleed afects but should not be spamed)
    2.Rake(this bleed should always be up)
    3.Shredx3(amount of shreds will decreas occuring on if mangle rake or shred have crit)
    4.Savage Roar(savage roar is put up before rip because you have so much energy to start that the first 2 times u have 5 combo points are really fast)
    5.Tiger's Furry(replenishes ur energy and now u have +33%/30%,depending on glyphs, and +90 damage)
    6.Berzerk(this is prity much awsome u will be abel to get 2 5 combo point finishes off. Steps 7-10 will be under this buff)
    7. do steps 1-3
    8.Rip(This should be up at all times and only used with mangle if mangle is not up use it once then use rip)
    9.1-3
    10.Ferocios Bite

This rotation is for the very begining of the fight.Do not use Berserk if you are on cirtain bossess such as XT-Deconstructor

After this Begining Rotation once you move into this for the rest of the fight or untill Berserk is up:
    1.Mangle(same rulls still applys)
    2.Rake(same rull still applys)
    3.Shredx3(same rull still applys)
    4.Savage Roar and Rip are rotated so that they are both up at all times even if it means useing a rip while rip still has a few seconds up! Many Feral Druids fail to keep Savage roar up and their DPS suffers. When Savage Roar and Rip are both up at the same time with a good amount of seconds left that is the only time you use Ferocios bite. The overal Dmg of overlaping a Rip is far better then a ferocios bite eve if ur Feral Agression spec is 5/5. Ferocious bite is then only used instead of Rip is when the Boss is verry low and u dont think a Rip will last long enugh to do as much damage as Ferocious Bite.

use this and i guarantiee you will love it!

Its almost as if everyone posting in this thread got together and decided they were going to totally trick this guy asking for help by giving him non-stop wrong information.

These posts are 1 year old and mostly outdated. Close this thread please.

I've split the necro post from this one into a new thread. Locking this one now as I don't see any benefit to digging it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!