Are you feeling gimp?

Perhaps I just forgot how leveling is, and no this isn't about leveling in Wrath being too hard or too slow.

I just find my spriest (currently lv73) to have to refrain from using some spells too often otherwise he's constantly struggling with low mana. That's inspite of Shadowfiend and Dispersion. Thus I'm feeling "slowed down" by that.

What's your take? Is mana an issue for you?

Re: Are you feeling gimp?

Nope, mana was not a issue.

Spellreflecting mobs in Dragonblight was shit annoying, and mobs that constant kick in Icecrown as well.

But leveling went pretty fast. But it clearly depends on your gear.

Yeah, I loved the spell-reflect mobs too, I probably should not have bothered to dispel them every time.

Gear wise, I'm at about 1300 spell power (that's with 3/3 imp inner fire), but my crit is rather low (13% or so), I prolly should not have past on all that crit gear during BC..

Well, I had T6/SWP gear, so quite a different experience in killrate I surpose.

None of us had critgear in TBC, I had shitload of haste which was completely useless for solo leveling.

Im a Disc/holly priest and i dont seem to have a huge issuse with alot of down time with mana issuses. I do have to every once and while stop and drink but thats so fast now.

Doing Nexus, UK, AN and Old school AN im rarely below 75% mana. Just have to see what happens at lvl 80.

SP is 1074, regen is almost 600 with 3/3 imp fire

I have 2 sets of gear - 1000sp with massive mana regen or 1200 with little. Neither has much crit and I cbf regemming to worry about it. Solo with a full Disc build (with some damage talents) I am cutting through mobs OK but with very little downtime because mostly i am wearing my mana set. I only ever bother with higher damage gear for "special occaisions"

My leveling has been slowed by the fact I am dungeon crawling a lot - mainly due to a healer shortage. I can maintain a good XP/Hr rate on my own and I think the only time I have died solo is when I fell down a hole. (wtf - who put that massive sinkhole in a perfectly solid mountain. And how did I manage to miss the massive pool of water in the middle of it...)

I don't feel gimp at all really.

Ok i agree its the gear - but what if my toon was never around during post-BC... then what ??

Do they offer killer greens that top of Epics on 71-80 just like what the did when BC started ?

No, I replaced my first item with lvl 77. I'm now 80 since 2 days and replaced now every single item (was BT/MH gear with the off SWP item). The transition from BC to WotLK is a lot smoother than in BC. I would say that the first greens are equivalent to BC blues. While with BC almost all green items were about t2 or so, which was much harder than the post 3.0 BT. At least that's the impression I'm getting.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Nope, mana was not a issue.

Spellreflecting mobs in Dragonblight was shit annoying, and mobs that constant kick in Icecrown as well.

But leveling went pretty fast. But it clearly depends on your gear.
    Yeah those mobs were annoying as hell. But mana issues? never - not when I leveled to 75 with discipline and not from 75 on with shadow. I bought 20 of the new water at 75, still have all of them because I don't need any to level.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I tend to VT/SWP about 5 at a time and pop shield while they hug me. fear them and wait. usually down to about 30-50% mana then with no replenishment procs. by the time I've looted and spirit tap has done it's stuff I'm back up to 70+% (rough figures)

With fiend and dispersion I rarely drink. I haven't bought water yet in wotlk using about 5 whey that I looted

I'm in T6/sunwell gear with about 300ish spirit. no meditation yet as I'm lvl 75.

As I have the MF glyph (increase range no slow) I can usually kill things with a VT, MB, Flay, Flay without them hitting me too much. That's on normal 10k hp mobs. Might swap to the shadow glyph over MF one until I hit 80 and get it back for a bit more regen, etc.

First zone where I had to stop and drink was Storm Peaks and it was at lvl 78. I also had BT / SWP gear with shitload of haste I didn't need.

@op: I'm level 75 and my spellpower is not as high as yours (arena epics from tbc so I suppose I have at least some mp5) but my crit is way lower than yours.

There must be a problem somewhere because levelling as shadow (and healing instances) is an absolute breeze. And to be clear I just unload whatever spells I want (maybe not mind sear) so this is levelling at full power, & mana is just not a problem.

I did put my first 3 talent points in meditation (I was spec'd 10/0/51 at 70) - you don't say if you have meditation yet?

Presumably you've got the talent to reduce fiend cooldown? - although I've only used fiend once in about the last 3 levels so that shouldn't make much difference. To be honest I'm not really using dispersion much either other than the effects are good ;D.

My gear is good (for arena) and obviously I have loads of stamina but I don't see how I have any advantage over an SP who was in Northrend greens with spellpower on? I may have a bigger mana pool but it's not getting low so this seems irrelevant to your problem.

Dispersion > Meditation for leveling.

15+ Year Old Account

(Dispersion && Meditation) ? true : false

Anyway yes if you had to choose, dispersion is better. But disperion + 3 min fiend + meditation = no more mana issues while leveling, ever.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I don't have meditation. I'm 10/0/56 (I think) @ lvl 75

here's me in fact http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hisper&n=Cleir

278 spirit
    1346 unbuffed spell power. I'm sure this is closer to 1500 with innerfire :S

15+ Year Old Account

I'd put the 3 points from pain & suffering into meditation. P&S is pretty much a raid only talent anyway.

4peice t6 and the rest sunwell, used my leftover badges to buy gems and regemmed from haste to -> spirit and crit.

lvl 80 in 4 days. Never drank once, i think i used shadowfiend a couple times, had dispertion availible at all times for ganking attemts. its all gear. Spriests are amazing, dont you worry.

offtopic but - get the sundial trinket + the similar one from halls of stone, when they both proc its +1190is spell dmg for 10 sec, yea, its pwnage.

15+ Year Old Account

Didn't see any change in regen until around 75-77. Currently doing 80 without having changed my tier 6 + sunwell gear and its ok (as long as the rest in the group is geared ok too). But all in all while lvling I haven't seen any real issues on mana - able to holy nova some 3-6 mobs down at a time depending on the type and then drink after and rebuff inner fire.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by crsh1976
    Perhaps I just forgot how leveling is, and no this isn't about leveling in Wrath being too hard or too slow.

I just find my spriest (currently lv73) to have to refrain from using some spells too often otherwise he's constantly struggling with low mana. That's inspite of Shadowfiend and Dispersion. Thus I'm feeling "slowed down" by that.

What's your take? Is mana an issue for you?
    i dealt with this some, but not to the point that it became a problem that slowed me down... im the type that will pull quest mobs while i am oom jes because i dont like stopping...

teh reason for this is that your spells are beginning to cost more, your gear is (most likely) starting to switch from regen to crit, thus you are starting to slump slightly...

however, it was only a level or two slump for me because pretty soon you will start getting gear that is catching up to your new talents...

i should also clarify that my priest was my 3rd alt... since my main tanked all our raids, my priest was only able to get in on kara/za runs mostly and was only geared from those places, with the exception of a couple t5/t6 pieces... so, take my post with the understanding that my priest was not decked out in t6