Thread: Misery Bugged

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Misery Bugged

So today one of our priests had 0 misses during Sappiron with 160 hit rating.

What's going on? is Misery bugged? Does it stack with Moonkins?

Anyone got a clue?

Re: Misery Bugged

I experience something different. Either my addons have problems, or I don't know what it is. About 1% of my Mind Flays seems to either miss or have a resist (full), BUT nothing is reported by my logs and addons. Neither miss, nor resist. I suspect it's a full resist, since I also get it on trash mobs, but I'm a bit puzzled by lack of proper information.

I recall that I recently had like 5 miss in a row during a HC, but haven't really noticed anything else.

Perhaps it's stacking with things it shouldn't stack with then.

It seems odd :S

Well, things as 5 miss' actually happens sometimes, just like 5 crits in a row ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Worldie
    Well, things as 5 miss' actually happens sometimes, just like 5 crits in a row ^^
    Yes, but we talk entire Naxxramas raids without being hit capped, and no misses.

Something's not right...

greenmasheen

i forget the exact percent to be hit capped, but 3 percent is huge, on top of the talents s priests get. also the hit rating you already should have on top of that.

i found that shadow priests hardly miss soloing.

Zero misses during Sapphiron is meaningless, way too small a sample size. And of course they would never miss against trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickspoon
    Zero misses during Sapphiron is meaningless, way too small a sample size. And of course they would never miss against trash.
    Yes, but we're talking almost 5% off hit cap with zero misses on every boss in Naxxramas.

It's against the math, but currently it doesn't seem efficient to get more than 6% hit, because it just nerfs your damage when you don't miss.

It renders every single piece of gear rating invalid.

Deleted

Well, what i've noticed (and someone else mentioned it already) is that i do get misses with my 170-180 hit, but it doesnt show @ my Recount dmg meter... So, are u sure the spriest didnt get any misses at all or did he just look @ the (buggy) meters?

Quite. Because otherwise I doubth the dps would be as it is.

We're raiding with a owl, could that do the difference?

15+ Year Old Account

He is still 2% if what your saying is correct so in 100 spells 2 should miss, doesn't make any sense but I have notice on my mage when doing naxx with just about the same hit rating and about 4% off hit capped I do hit alot more then I should.

But is there anything do complain about really? That's just more DPS for a boss =)

Last, now this is only theorycrafting, when sunwell came out the tanks were getting rocked and it was later found out that there was a secret buff on them(Proof). My question why couldn't they do that for Naxx to make it more easy for entry level raiding?

Or maybe to cover up a lack hit rating gear outside of the raids themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity
    Well, what i've noticed (and someone else mentioned it already) is that i do get misses with my 170-180 hit, but it doesnt show @ my Recount dmg meter... So, are u sure the spriest didnt get any misses at all or did he just look @ the (buggy) meters?
    Recount might not show it but I'm sure WWS does, run a WWS next raid and see.

At hit cap I got 1.4% misses on MF and 0.5% on MB, but on recount it showed as no misses. My guess is that these MF misses come on trash when a target was almost dead and I would MF without Misery up.

15+ Year Old Account

Just read in the german forums that apparently mindflay doesn't benefit from misery...
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Weird. Really weird..
    The owlbuff shouldn't be stacking with Misery if that's the case.

By my recount, I didn't miss either but I could see that some spells missed during the fight. Maybe it's just a recount bug?

15+ Year Old Account

There is indeed something fishy going on here. Yesterday's Naxx 10:

Over the course of the 4 quarters (minus Heigan, Loatheb and the 4 horsemen) recount showed me the following stats with me having 229 hitrating (280 or 290 is hitcap right?):

- Mindflay misses: 0,5%
    - Mindblast misses: 4,8%

Very strange... and even stranger was the fact that the moonkin we had with us, with a grand total of around 50 hit rating, only had 2-4% misses on his wrath and starfire spells.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

post count is srs business :
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

289 is the cap, so yeah something fishy is going on.

And I don't care about post counts.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    There is indeed something fishy going on here. Yesterday's Naxx 10:

Over the course of the 4 quarters (minus Heigan, Loatheb and the 4 horsemen) recount showed me the following stats with me having 229 hitrating (280 or 290 is hitcap right?):

- Mindflay misses: 0,5%
    - Mindblast misses: 4,8%

Very strange... and even stranger was the fact that the moonkin we had with us, with a grand total of around 50 hit rating, only had 2-4% misses on his wrath and starfire spells.
    I've got 235 and I've NEVER seen a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    289 is the cap, so yeah something fishy is going on.

And I don't care about post counts.
    Something is clearly wrong. My vote goes to some value typo in the code of the Misery talent to give LOTS more hit than intended. When I got to 80 I had almost no hit at all, still never seen any misses on bosses in heroics. And during leveling we did Gun'drak when I was 72 with some guildies and back then I didn't see that many misses as I had expected.
    -.-

Glad to see I'm not the only one then.

I dedicate post number 2000 to Olison the Hunter - May I gank him if I ever see him in Wintergrasp