Can locks please get:

1. The ability to use our spells on siege vehicles. Cutting out all my curses, drain life and siphon life makes aff locks in particular near useless in LWG and SotA. Stop trying to apply real life BS to the game like "you can't drain from machines". Guess what, in real life there isn't magic to begin with.

2. Some armor. Level 80 cloth armor is actually LOWER than the level 70 cloth. Worse yet, 10 levels makes the mitigation % much lower. I went from 23% melee mitigation to 11%. A very undue nerf to clothies. I realize melee aren't getting armor pen on their pvp gear but at least their damage goes up from 70 to 80. Our mitigation actually goes down.

Do something like make demon armor increase the armor from our cloth to that of mail quality according to each piece's item level. Stripping the heal bonus from fel armor wasn't a good change for pvp considering demon armor's armor bonus doesn't matter if it makes a difference of having 0 armor vs. having 0 armor after armor pen.

3. A use for our new spells, demonic portal and shadowflame.

Demonic portal was a very narrow sighted design on Blizzard's part to begin with. It looks to me like it was considered for arenas and no other aspect of the game. Even in arenas pvp is too spontaneous and too mobile for warlock's to be expected to have time to put down a portal ahead of time, and make sure they move away from it but not over 40 yards just so they can use a watered down blink. Allow warlocks to use an AoE cursor to select where they put the portal and take the cast time off.

I love Ghostcrawler's explanation as to why shadowflame was given to locks. "It does shadow and fire!" Great, something half baked for both affliction and destro. Put simply its an inferior AoE and does too little damage to be worthwhile on a single target. Hey, it's a watered down cone of cold! I get it, warlocks aren't allowed to have anything mages don't already have but better or else they'll whine about warlocks. Make shadowflame a single target spell and give it some actual damage. A moderate cooldown damage on demand spell would actually be useful.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Can locks please get:

Copy/paste from wow forums is bad, mmkay?

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    2. Some armor. Level 80 cloth armor is actually LOWER than the level 70 cloth. Worse yet, 10 levels makes the mitigation % much lower. I went from 23% melee mitigation to 11%. A very undue nerf to clothies. I realize melee aren't getting armor pen on their pvp gear but at least their damage goes up from 70 to 80. Our mitigation actually goes down.
    Hey guess what, everyone's unbuffed crit went from 40% to 20%, and resilience went from 25% to 10%, and armor pen did get nerfed to hell and back. That's an undue nerf to melee. QQ
    Our mitigation goes down, but you forget to mention that our HP goes up to compensate.
    Is this enough, no. We do have survival issues. Using this complaint about armor is not valid.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Copy/paste from wow forums is bad, mmkay?

Hey guess what, everyone's unbuffed crit went from 40% to 20%, and resilience went from 25% to 10%, and armor pen did get nerfed to hell and back.  That's an undue nerf to melee.  QQ
    Our mitigation goes down, but you forget to mention that our HP goes up to compensate.
    Is this enough, no.  We do have survival issues.  Using this complaint about armor is not valid.
    Thanks for your baseless lies.  I didn't copy/paste anything.

Did any melee's crit rating, resilience rating, armor pen rating go down from 70 to 80?  Oh that's right, no it didn't.  Locks are in the same boat as they lost crit and resilience too.  Read:  Armor on cloth actually went down from 70 to 80.

And everyone's HP went up so I don't see what point that proves.  Comparatively to other classes locks actually went down because of the demonic embrace nerf.

Oh, and your mention of 40% crit gave me a good laugh, thanks. You clearly don't play a caster.

Lets take robes as example, S4 had about 470 armor S1 had about 200 and PVE epics got something between 180-270. So how about new robes? Hateful robe has 300 armor that is 100 more than it equivalent (S1) in TBC and T7 has also 300 (or 307) but T4 had 202 so I could not agree with that armor is decreasing. Even blue robes from 71 to 80 have armor similar (220-280) to 70 epic ones.

S2-S4 items had part of their itembudget used to increased armor, so it means it they had lesser stats that they would have without it, sometimes you just cannot have it all, many times you need to lose some stats to get another, this time thing you are giving up is armor.

And even if we had that double armor I doubt it could fix our survival problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DurpaDurpa
    Ummmm, yes they did go down.

How much health are you talking about in this nerf? Doesn't make or break you if you are skilled.

You clearly don't know how to play warlock.
    Does my post say warlocks need more health? Deur, nope.

I was addressing someone that claims warlocks have somehow been compensated in the survivability department by getting more health. Learn to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Izar
    Lets take robes as example, S4 had about 470 armor S1 had about 200 and PVE epics got something between 180-270. So how about new robes? Hateful robe has 300 armor that is 100 more than it equivalent (S1) in TBC and T7 has also 300 (or 307) but T4 had 202 so I could not agree with that armor is decreasing. Even blue robes from 71 to 80 have armor similar (220-280) to 70 epic ones.

S2-S4 items had part of their itembudget used to increased armor, so it means it they had lesser stats that they would have without it, sometimes you just cannot have it all, many times you need to lose some stats to get another, this time thing you are giving up is armor.

And even if we had that double armor I doubt it could fix our survival problems.
    You're right that S2-S4 are itemized for more armor but unitemized armor on level 80 cloth is pathetic to begin with.  Season 2 is not only 3 seasons behind season 5 but also 10 levels. I didn't propose more armor on the cloth, just a demon armor change to compensate for the loss of armor.

So yes, armor is not the only survival problem but I wouldn't have warlock survivabilty fixed by one big buff.  I did also propose a demonic portal change.

wow i didnt even notice any of this, is this only happening to cloth what about leather and mail.. i doubt its happening to plate seeing as they tank, and why do you think blizzard would do such a thing o.0

locks became punching bags in pvp once 3.0 hit, stop bitching