Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: What is the BEST HUNTER PVE spec and shot rotationso far?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyana
    Why are you laughing?
    Cos this is real mess,Do you see differences between that and your build? :
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhle
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?hunt...h=000000000000

The best talent tree i could come up with
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyana
    retards
    this word roxx

U r the reason why we hunters got the title "Huntard" to our name but then again its a joke >.>

Chaosfall

I am Using

Serpent Sting
    Multi-Shot
    Steady Shot
    Steady Shot
    Steady Shot
    Steady Shot
    Steady Shot
    Steady Shot
    Serpent Sting
    Multi-Shot
    Steady Shot
    Steady Shot
    Steady Shot

and so on

Ok, so I play both specs... as I came into WotLK I was totally about being BM...Then developed into going marks for raiding.

So when I was BM and doing heroics..I was putting out some nasty damage, or my pet was anyways For the rotation as fars as that goes, I use what is called a 3:2 Steady Shot Auto sot rotation... whis is shooting 3 steady shots to 2 autoshots... which is fit into a macro for me... then often making sure that serpents sting is staying up (Steady Shot Glyph) it helps the DPS. I also use another macro that includes: Bestial Wrath/ Rapid Fire/ useing a cooldown off from a trinket which mine increases AP by (x) amount... I found that all this was pretty much all i had to do... once in awhile in a big grp using Volley... mass AoE damage.

So now that I am raiding I have gone to MM spec... which is a ton of damage in my opinion. I use to be against MM spec and SV specs for the longest time... but now that I went MM for raiding I have begun to loving it. For my rotation.. it consists Serpent Sting>Aimed Shot>Arcane Shot>Chimera Shot... rinse repeat... also still use the same 3:2 Steady shot macro that I used for BM. I also use my Rapid fire alot when its up.

As for the so called nerfs on the hunters. I thing they are needed for the most part... but in some cases could hurts us.. So... I guess we will see when it happens.

Thanks for reading my post, hope it helps....

Oh and for all those noob hunters that look at mail gear that has crit then a Spell Power on it... thats Shammy gear leave it alone... Spell power isnt going to boost damage on your arcane shot... come on now... Lol

Thanks,
    Mukaki 80 NE Hunter

Koumaru

There is no 3:2 Steady/Auto macro anymore. If you're still spamming the old macro with /cast !Auto Shot followed by /cast Steady Shot, what you're essentially doing is spamming the regular ol' Steady Shot button.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukaki
    Spell power isnt going to boost damage on your arcane shot... come on now... Lol
    It used too.
    And obviously you have to be joking, or just 5 months behind everyone else.

Also, less patronising.

Oh? Ok, thanks for that notification Koumaru.....

And no I am not 5 months behind but the new hunters coming up need to learn... as I was lvling my Pally and tunning nexus and all them Shaman gear would drop and the hunted would want to take it even though it had the Spell Power on it... Does the Spell power actually boost it that much that it is a must have? I really do not think so

Well there just idiots then.

I didnt mean to sound rude about it when I said it. Just trying to help the other hunters out.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?hunt...h=041306010206

What im using

i know there is probably better but eh i like it for PvP

Holy crap what the hell was that? Whole bunch of talents that don't increase your dmg at all and you leave out the stuff that's like the most obvious for any spec to pick... One question, do you take heavy drugs or were you just trying to be funny?

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwreck
    Holy crap what the hell was that? Whole bunch of talents that don't increase your dmg at all and you leave out the stuff that's like the most obvious for any spec to pick... One question, do you take heavy drugs or were you just trying to be funny?
    He's trying to be funny.

Chaosfall

Well There are alot of different opinions here as i see.

What i do is:

Serpent Sting
    Multi-Shot
    Spam Steady for a while
    Refresh Serpent Sting
    Multi Shot
    Spam Steady for a while
    ... And so on

My current spec is 50/21/0

I like it. Don't know if it's the best. But i think it is awesome.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jd4592
    and once ur higher lvl ferocity is really good with dps and talents like lick your wounds and heart of the pheonix. Now alot of u r going to say these talents are glitched right now and dont work not true. the dont work properly is all cause its suppose to be automatic but for now if you want it to work all u need to do is macro it otherwords designate keys on ur keyboard to trigger the talent for me i set it to shift and p so when my pet dies i hit those keys and boom heart of the pheonix pets back with full health
    Actually Heart of the Phoenix is glitched :P Though you do have to manually click it or bind it to a macro for it to work, but if you time it incorrectly your pet can die directly after use since it ress with less than 10% health, for me its around 1600, and if it get hit before the health "tick" that bumps it up to full health it is certain to die again :P

15+ Year Old Account

My spec is pretty ballin'.

Shot rotation:

Serpent string.
    Arcane shot
    aimed shot
    steady shotx2-3
    -Rinse and Repeat-
    till kill shot is up (if on boss, aimed shot>arcane shot> kill shot> readiness> killshot>aimedshot>arcane shot>)

just set your pet to agressive and you can afk while you out-dps half of the raid

Quote Originally Posted by mcpain
    just set your pet to agressive and you can afk while you out-dps half of the raid
    dont forget to turn on autoshot first
    oh, and make sure you have arrows/bullets in your quiver

Quote Originally Posted by mcpain
    this

Quote Originally Posted by elapadrinar
    dont forget to turn on autoshot first
    oh, and make sure you have arrows/bullets in your quiver
    Bullets in quiver.

wut??

15+ Year Old Account

My rotation (lets assume for the sake of simplicity hunters mark is on the target before combat... since it should be)

pretty much, it goes serpent > explosive > Steady until explosive is up> explosive > throw in multishot every time it is up, and refresh serpent as neccesary.

one thing to watch for is lock and load - dont spam explosive because the DoT is slightly longer than your gcd (2 sec vs 1.5). if you spam the button you are going to clip the last tick and lose dps. i generally stagger it a half second <or> use something else (multi if up, serpent if needed, or steady if im hasted and its faster cast than gcd) between each shot.

you guys can go LOLOL SURVIVAL if you want. i realise it is not as high a dps spec as the other hunter specs, but it's what i like to play and i still top the meters on patchwerk for my guild and most pugs because of the wtf rediculous crit chance. on the plus side, i hardly ever need to hit viper. when i do, im in viper for 4-5, 6 tops.

since our guilds paladins are mostly holy with a few prot (only 2 rets), my mana buff termed with my perfectly competitive damage makes me an asset to our raids.

as well, bm is taking alot of nerfs, steady as well is getting nerfed. survival on the other hand - explosive shot is being buffed up the a$$.

is it the *best* spec? not really. is it perfectly competetive? yes
    edited sig because wow that was out of date