Quote Originally Posted by Daant View Post
    LOL This should be fun... Rate and Critique me

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/daant/simple

The DK above me i dunno if this is right or not for 2h but reforging away expertise for haste isnt good. Unless its diff, havnt got much knowledge of frost 2h

Also it could be worth taking the points out of Epidemic and slamming them in Imp. Blood Tap.
    Your Expertise is ridiculously low. It's at the point where you're noticing a zero DPS increase from gaining any other secondary stat until it's soft-capped at 26/26. Enchanting really isn't the most ideal DPS profession, and I recommend going Engineering, as the Strength increase is exponentially better than any other Profession. You gemmed a 20 strength/20 hit in your belt socket, which should be replaced with a straight 40 strength.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leros/advanced

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    *snip*
    Thanks a bunch i shall do that when i get off work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undress2kill View Post
    Your Expertise is ridiculously low. It's at the point where you're noticing a zero DPS increase from gaining any other secondary stat until it's soft-capped at 26/26. Enchanting really isn't the most ideal DPS profession, and I recommend going Engineering, as the Strength increase is exponentially better than any other Profession. You gemmed a 20 strength/20 hit in your belt socket, which should be replaced with a straight 40 strength.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leros/advanced
    The only thing I see wrong is no 20stat ench on chest lol why? Maelstroms are basically free now.

Here's mine, he's pretty new obv but so far so good. I hate how armory stat's aren't accurate.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ysics/advanced

Obligatory DK rate this tank thread

Hi all

Sorry to do this but after some feedback I need a larger opinion upon which to quantify previous arguments.

In other words; please rate the following DK on normal raid readiness.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...xmorbus/simple

dude you aren't really ready.. unless you are getting carried. need at least all 346's imo.
    Since you are a tank and get insta queues, find what loot you have is the worst and queue to replace it, something like an item a day shouldn't be so hard, and in a week you'll be ready.
    Last edited by ckwolfe; 2011-05-18 at 09:28 PM.

Are you geared enough? Maybe, it's borderline. Depends on your group, and their skill/gear level.

You should absolutely not stop looking for upgrades, though. While you might be borderline for raid readiness, there are _a lot_ of upgrades available to you in both regular heroics and the new heroics, and you should seek them out to continue gearing up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not for tanking I would say. Aim for about 346 equiped now days unless you have a group willing to give you a shot. One problem is some of the best suggestions for your gear will really bite into your HP leaving you about bare minimum raid buffed.
    - Very little of your gear is reforged. Forge Hit/Expertise into mastery on all pieces. Balance your parry/dodge rating after that is done.
    - Gear: Faction Boots, TB trinket (MoBI), JP chest (or crafted), and definitely crafted belt. All pretty easy and quick upgrades to get not even counting ZG/ZA drops.
    - Runeforge: Change to Swordshattering, will take a hit in HP but it's endlessly more mitigation.
    - Gems: Yellow/Primstatic = Mastery, Blue = Mastery/Stam, Red = Mastery/Parry.
    - Enchant your gloves unless your about to buy T11's or something.
    - Spec: Drop Scent of Blood down to 2/3. Put a point into Aboms might, Mind Freeze, or whatever else you feel like.
    - Glyphs: Drop Death Strike and DnD for Rune Strike and Death Coil. Blood Boil for Rune Tap. DRW for AMS if threat isn't an issue.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Your gear and gemming needs work.
    SurrealNight,
    Swordshattering sims as a better option than Stoneskin Gargoyle, however, avoidance and mastery work against each other greatly devaluing the effectiveness of Swordshattering. Both runeforges are fairly equal, the only thing that differs is potentaily less damage taken but RNG based, or stamina and armor, which will always be there for you.
    -Kuzuak

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with the effect that 4% parry has on mastery, it will still improve your overall mitigation much more than 4% armor does. Once you have enough HP for your content the +stam is wasted as well.

The OP is asking about getting into normal mode raiding. SSG is more important in heroics as the extra HP actually help, but you can defeat most normal mode bosses with 165-170k HP easy if your mitigation is solid. So while your comment does have some merit, it's not good advice for a pre-heroic raider.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the suggestions. I actually didn't realize the gloves were not, so getting that done asap, I just changed them out so I missed that.

I am looking for upgrades of course always. I like the suggestions of reforging, and swordshattering, also gear wise Boots, chest, belt are my focused next upgrades.

Deleted
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/lichb%C3%B8rne/simple

at the moment i am with with stamina gear, having an other set of gear for mastery (23 mastery) and 1 set for avoidance (about 40%) and the 4p set for the 18 secs of ibf.

/comment on anything that might be wrong

I don't know about that haste belt man... correct stats > heroic gear. And what's you're reasoning for glyph of bone shield?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ticbeef/simple
    Last edited by 3nfy; 2011-05-19 at 08:07 AM.

Deleted
    the reason for the bone shield is that i have an other set of boots w/o speed enchand on it (full mastery gear). as for the belt, its on the stamina gear only

Deleted
    in my offspec gear atm - apparently being so close to exp cap is actually more beneficial that reforging to go over cap, according to ask mr. robot, though I suppose over exp cap isn't so bad as your white hits give runic power (thoughts?). planning to pick up legs for 2p dps bonus - not sure whether or not I should step down from 372 gear to get 4 piece - heroic helms are obviously going to mainspec first.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...quire/advanced

edit: to 3nfy.. i would take a review of your reforging/gemming. You seem to follow an inconsistent avoidance/mastery approach. I'm not one of these ppl who spout that mastery is the be all and end all, but i think you should be more consistent in your approach - at the very least it helps you think about what you need to do while tanking - i.e. do I really need to be focused on gaming RE procs.

For example: you don't reforge any of your hit on your helm into mastery (or parry) yet you gem for mastery. I would either reforge the hit to parry and gem dodge/stam or reforge to mastery and leave gem as is. Same with chest - why not reforge out of mastery into dodge?
    Last edited by mmocfc10ef1286; 2011-05-19 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMaria View Post
    in my offspec gear atm - apparently being so close to exp cap is actually more beneficial that reforging to go over cap, according to ask mr. robot, though I suppose over exp cap isn't so bad as your white hits give runic power (thoughts?). planning to pick up legs for 2p dps bonus - not sure whether or not I should step down from 372 gear to get 4 piece - heroic helms are obviously going to mainspec first.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...quire/advanced

edit: to 3nfy.. i would take a review of your reforging/gemming. You seem to follow an inconsistent avoidance/mastery approach. I'm not one of these ppl who spout that mastery is the be all and end all, but i think you should be more consistent in your approach - at the very least it helps you think about what you need to do while tanking - i.e. do I really need to be focused on gaming RE procs.

For example: you don't reforge any of your hit on your helm into mastery (or parry) yet you gem for mastery. I would either reforge the hit to parry and gem dodge/stam or reforge to mastery and leave gem as is. Same with chest - why not reforge out of mastery into dodge?
    I think you should get the T11 gears that you can and test this out. According to some sims, this is a little dps increase because of the proc, so I guess this could be nice to test this around. 2p bonus is around 1% dmg increase and the 4pc is around 3%.
    You should change your boots enchant to 50 mastery, you dont need the extra running speed, since you are dpsing in unholy presence.
    The expertise will not help that much, if you go over cap, unless you hit many bosses with them facing you. I guess if you are running low on runic power you could move the points in chilblains, and put in IFP - as soon as they fix this

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...angoo/advanced

I know my gear isnt the best, but my group is kind of lacking in progression...
    Last edited by Renascido; 2011-05-19 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kuzuak View Post
    Swordshattering sims as a better option than Stoneskin Gargoyle, however, avoidance and mastery work against each other greatly devaluing the effectiveness of Swordshattering. Both runeforges are fairly equal, the only thing that differs is potentaily less damage taken but RNG based, or stamina and armor, which will always be there for you.
    -Kuzuak
    Past the 346 iLevel mark where you can hit ~18 mastery (The number not the percent), Gargoyle becomes top.

Quote Originally Posted by Renascido View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...angoo/advanced

I know my gear isnt the best, but my group is kind of lacking in progression...
    I'm surprised to see someone that actually min/ maxes as should be done the way you have it. I wish I was lucky enough to be able to line up my hit exactly at cap, as well as Expertise; its nice that you got the most out of your stats, shows you know what to do-- spec is just fine, only thing that COULD be improved is getting the max enchants, unless you expect upgrades soon, and finishing that 4 set off.
    Last edited by Aeriyo; 2011-05-19 at 03:11 PM.

Deleted
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/thadius/advanced

I'm aware of the lack of helm, shoulder and chest enchants, still working on rep for first two, the latter, I will sort out soon.

Any input if i'm on the right track? I'm aware that at raiding level, for most tanks, hit and expertise is frankly useless after the first 8-10 seconds into a fight. in heroics it's different. I had essentially 1% hit and my avoidance and mastery were pretty well spread but I'm not comfortable with having hit that low.

Joss,
    Your gemming is completely wrong. Yellow= fractured Amber Jewel, blue=Puissant Dream Emerald, red= Fine Amber Jewel.
    Your talents are also wrong. wowhead com/talent#jcGG0sMruszG0oZ0h is the build I prefer to use, you can move the points in epidemic and the 3rd in scent of blood can be moved around.
    For your thoughts about hit and expertise. The less damage from having very little hit and experise you take overall is only nessacery in heroic raids. In normal raids it doesn't really matter.
    -Kuzuak

Edit: Changed Regal to Puissant Dream Emerald
    Last edited by kuzuak; 2011-05-20 at 03:03 PM.

few things Joss, mainly imp blood tap > hand of doom (pve wise) and the point in bcb should be placed in scent of blood. I have no idea why you didnt spec into toughness either. For the unholy talents, epidemic should be taken over virulence. I could go on but those are the big ones that jump out