Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Consequences of Coh Nerf/whats next?

Quote Originally Posted by moremana
    Wrong! His abilities are continuously inflicting damage while the healing window is open and PoM does bounce.
    I wasn't attacking anyone simply sharing my thoughts, that in a 3 second window if your looking to essentially get the most bang for your buck using a instant cast followed by a 1.5 second cooldown isn't as efficient now or even after the CoH cooldown has been added as a PoH followed up by a single circle of healing casting. Because while yes PoM will bounce there is no garuntee it will hit all 5 targets within the healing window (6 with 2/5 T7 holy) even including the almost continual dmg to the raid throughout the fight, in contrast to a CoH glyphed or not hitting a garunteed 5 people at minimum unless the raid is far to spread out or the healer is just poor at selecting a proper target. In a 3 second healing window I would rather hit 5 targets for 3k then hit 2 for 5k when most will be close to topped off anyways.

L2P priests were fine before CoH was spammable surely they will be fine after too. Ofc it wont be a single button spam anymore but who enjoys that anyway.

Maybe it will be time to actually make some healer assignments again, that would be good for tactics, and will force all the new raiders to become even better at their class.

Now there is only one thing left to wish for as healer, and that is that they bring back lower ranks spells again, but that is probably never gonna happen ;(

Priest like you who spammed CoH thx for helping the nerf for us.

Quote Originally Posted by o_0
    Priest like you who spammed CoH thx for helping the nerf for us.
    I hope you are referencing the original creator of the post and not me, as my reference to CoH was normal use not spam use, I've always hated the idea of spamming any 1 spell.

Clearly the consequence of the COH/WG nerf... is a lot of QQing. I mean that seriously, not targeted at OP, or anyone in this thread specifically. But it is true.

???

Quote Originally Posted by Mstone2005
    I like this nerf. It will allow the good healers to shine and the bad one to finally fall on their face. Any noob priest can spam CoH and top healing meters. Ive even seen a priest that casted 2, freakin 2, greater heals for an entire Heroic Naxx. But good god did that priest spam CoH.

Without the cooldown, it should be situational not your entire cast sequence. If you are dramatically hurt by this "nerf", L2Heal as a priest.

And yes, priests in general need a buff.
    Given the viability of Flash Heal (Glyphed) with Serendipity, it far surpasses the usefulness of Greater Healer in almost every situation due to getting your Greater Heal "sniped", resulting in a complete over heal or simply additional wasted mana.

My top three heals for all 25mans are:

Circle of Healing
    Prayer of Mending
    Flash Heal

Followed by:

Renew
    Greater Heal (aside from Patchwerk, which is primarly a Greater Heal spam fest)
    Binding Heal

I wouldn't necessarily fault a Priest for doing very little Greater Heals. That mentality and carry over from Burning Crusade doesn't exist on the same level at all anymore (which is why our healing 4-Piece set bonus is garbage).

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ubashi&n=Synge

Quote Originally Posted by derevka
    Clearly the consequence of the COH/WG nerf... is a lot of QQing. I mean that seriously, not targeted at OP, or anyone in this thread specifically. But it is true.

???

Wrong

Ppl QQd about lock fear being OP for years and blizzard never truly nerfed it at least not to the point that CoH is being nerfed

QQ isnt the reason for the nerf... blizzard actually does their own research believe it or not. The funny part is... most of the QQ originally from priests complaining about how easy encounters were because of CoH.

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    If blizzard gave shaman other tools to heal the raid id use them. At least priests have other tools even if they arent as great as CoH. PoH for example... priests have been QQing about 6sec cooldown on CoH and use Loetheb as an example. Our guild priest ran 25man naxx this week never using CoH more than once every 6secs on any fight. On loetheb he timed a PoH for his group as the debuff lifted and then cast 1 CoH.... worked fine
    They did, with Riptide and something else (can't remember) which lead to the whole resto shaman community up in arms because they didn't work with spamming chain heal. Blizzard caved to one of the ideas.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~