Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

100% damage immunity in a PvP Game

I'm sure I'll piss of alot of people, but I came to think of it today after we used 8 people to kill a paladin.

How smart is a 100% damage immunity ability in a PvP game?

Try do yourself a favour, and think about it for a minute. Does such abitilies exist in any other game?

Re: 100% damage immunity in a PvP Game

this is wow right ? not any other game. And you can dispel it if you have a priest close

You seem to miss the question, or refuse to talk about the tabu of Divine Shield.

The entire existance of the ability doesn't make sense in a pvp game. Specially when you're still able to use all your abilities in the given immunity.

It's like turning on a form of GODMODE for 8 seconds.

it should have a certain value of damage it can take cuz atm i cant out live a rets bubble. i know they got the 50% damage nerf this might help.

imo this game can never be like other "e-sport" games in that some class have hugh advantage and there is no even play field.
    I be spaming me dotzzz

The only reason it's "imba" is that matches don't last very long and thus paladins are immune a long time compared to match time. I find this especially unnerving as retribution paladins can burst down anyone very quickly, especially with help, without a possibility of stoing them in many situations. It was different in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk
    Paladins are very easy mode in arena if you have the right settup.
    So you need a whole setup to beat a paladin. (Not to mention the right one.)
    EU forum is ignored.
    Game balance is not ok.
    Blue posters contradict themselves.
    Blizzards attitude towards us players sucks.

Now I was so friendly to put it in the battlegrounds forum, because it's more regarding the concept than the ability in a arena-team match.

Basicly, we're talking 8 seconds of godmode. Even in Arena, as a form of e-sport, this can't be acceptable on any level.

Do people refuse to rethink Divine Shield as a concept, when almost every other spell have evolved since vanilla?

i wouldn't mind if they gave everyone an immunity.

but even as priest, you dispelling their bubble equates to you being an open target and eating a possible amount of 3 gcd's before its cast as there is no push back resistance for mass dispell.

Wow's a PVP game? Since 90% of the content is PVE with about 10% PVP added in I'm not sure that qualifies as PVP game. (Numbers depend on type of server etc.) Although I enjoy PVP it will never be a true e-sport PVP game till there is 1 class with the same abilities, that way it qualifies as winning per skill and not per what classes you decided to roll.

They already nerfed it quite an bit (50% damage reduction while bubble is active), what else do you want to push it into the ground?

we all know they have -50% dmg, please stop re-posting redundant replies.

tuxan, if they gave a class the same abilities, wouldn't that make it boring for pve as well?

Dispell it, vanish, use iceblock or heal yourself. If you can't do any of this, you are one of the 4 unlucky classes. (well, lets say 3, DKs can use IBF, BS, AMS,...) I can't see your huge problem...

@Tuxan

I'm sure alot of people disagree, and Blizzard certainly attempt to change WoW into a more PvP focused game.

I would ofcource, refuse to call WoW a PvP game aslong as there's a godmode ability in the game, and it's as unbalaced as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bareno
    They already nerfed it quite an bit (50% damage reduction while bubble is active), what else do you want to push it into the ground?
    100% damage reduction, as in blocking for every single offensive ability while being immune. It would make sense.

I would have suggested permanent rooting as well (like Iceblock), but since it's also a PvE ability, I would just go with it blocking for all your offensive spells.

Then the ability would be used defensive, to be allowed to heal as Retribution (where you unlikely got pushback resistance).

Currently Divine Shield is being used offensive, which cannot be intended by design.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Now I was so friendly to put it in the battlegrounds forum, because it's more regarding the concept than the ability in a arena-team match.

Basicly, we're talking 8 seconds of godmode. Even in Arena, as a form of e-sport, this can't be acceptable on any level.

Do people refuse to rethink Divine Shield as a concept, when almost every other spell have evolved since vanilla?
    Quite evidently you are new to the pvp scene or something... All arena's are is a bunch of counter-comp'n, get used to it/

The only way I see a possible fix to a pally's bubble without completely getting rid of it, is either making it a certain amount of damage like a person already mentioned or making it so that they can only heal themselves while in it, no one else. (Attacking someone else will obviously break it).
    If I see you... you're dead. If you see me... oh wait, you can't!

30min CD to bubble so it can't be used in Arena. Gief that.
    Hi

Definitions of concept on the Web:

• Something understood, and retained in the mind, from experience, reasoning and/or imagination; a generalization (generic, basic form)

Quote Originally Posted by fireball777
    ...or making it so that they can only heal themselves while in it...
    Yes, that's what I suggest. To only allow "friendly" spells (Heals, Cleanse)

Quote Originally Posted by Nest
    30min CD to bubble so it can't be used in Arena. Gief that.
    30min on Bloodlust
    30min on AMZ
    blahblahblah...

It's not overpowered in the least. The way you guys are sided is against ret paladins using it, i'm assuming. Who, i might add, are already getting a nerf bat and keep getting it.

If we could avoid derrails with unconstructive suggestions.

To make it clear again, I wish to discuss why Divine Shield should not be able to be used offensive.

In battlegrounds where you perhaps get a buff, like Tenacity, 50% less damage on attacks while Shielded would still not make a large difference, as the opponent would still do so massive amount of damage, while being COMPLETELY IMMUNE TO DAMAGE.

I wish to force paladins back to only use their bubble as a defense mechanic.

50% less dmg is enough to nerf it.
    You can disperse, iceblock, AMS, trinket and cheetah/travel form away, warriors can at least put shield up and reflect/block, lock just circle away. kite, kite, kit. Maybe adding that pally in bubble can move with 75% speed would be nice balance.