Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: 100% damage immunity in a PvP Game

Adding a slow/root effect would hurt PvE. (You people are really scared to discuss it, ain't you?)

I want something like:

"When flagged for PvP, attacks have a __% chance to pierce the shield"

Otherwise personally they need to make shield like Ice Block and such, in which they can't attack with it -.-;

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    If we could avoid derrails with unconstructive suggestions.

To make it clear again, I wish to discuss why Divine Shield should not be able to be used offensive.
    5min CD, 8 second duration, Mass dispelable. More than enough reasons. Never is DS used offensively. It's getting the reduced damage soon enough, quit QQ'n bout it.

I have solution. Blizz should delete every class and then end Wow. Then there wouldn't be any QQ about inbalance anymore!

Really, think about your own class'es OP abilities. Paladin has bubble and it have been discussed about since release of the Wow. But no one seems to remember own abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    I want something like:

"When flagged for PvP, attacks have a __% chance to pierce the shield"

Otherwise personally they need to make shield like Ice Block and such, in which they can't attack with it -.-;
    No, i'd rather not see my class get nerfed even more because you got your face wrecked by a ret paladin. kthnxgoaway

Mass Dispel is 1.5 second cast.

Since you know the game so well, I'm sure you can also tell us how much damage a paladin with no CDs can cause on that amount of time.

You keep forgetting that in a typical fight, the Paladin will bubble if he's low on health, but if he's low on health, so are you -- atleast that's most likely.

This means in a fight where you had the upper hand of winning, suddenly he presses GODMODE, and kills you since you had 5-10% hp left, while being bubbled. This would also happend with 50% damage reduction.

QQ is not constructive, I think I'm trying to be very constructive here. If you don't wish to discuss seriously, I'll ask you to leave the thread please.

Quote Originally Posted by Neef
    No, i'd rather not see my class get nerfed even more because you got your face wrecked by a ret paladin. kthnxgoaway
    Oh, I kill ret pallys, haha. I just hate that they have a 100% immunity thing, but then Blizz feels to need to nerf things like Icebound Fortitude that give 50%, or Hunters base dodge, etc.

EDIT: Err, I mean, they feel the need to nerf IBF/Hunter dodge/etc, because it's "Overpowered" but then they let pallys keep 100% immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tremelizzer
    Really, think about your own class'es OP abilities. Paladin has bubble and it have been discussed about since release of the Wow. But no one seems to remember own abilities.
    Alot of other abilities been changed, the first change to Divine Shield in four years happend in next patch.

People are scared to discuss it, and always go "OMG QQ" and derrail any threads trying to discuss it fast. Paladins themselves will draw the PvE-card, and claim it's nessary and cannot be changed to be non-immunity.

I'd like to see a Paladin's argument for why he should actually be able to deal damage while shielded.

This thread is both new and exciting.

People have been whining about bubble since the birth of the Paladin class, yet it is still in-game. As such, stop being butthurt faggots.

You seem to miss the question, or refuse to talk about the tabu of Divine Shield.

The entire existance of the ability doesn't make sense in a pvp game. Specially when you're still able to use all your abilities in the given immunity.

It's like turning on a form of GODMODE for 8 seconds.
    Dont you ever get tired of QQing about paladins?

1. The game ISNT a pvp game. It was originally a PVE game.

2. Bubble is getting nerfed. It's not godmode after that nerf, its the ultimate defence (when a priest is not around). After the nerf it will only be good for healing yourself and maybe some allies. Think of what this does to a retri paladin. Instead of having the upper hand for 12sec, he can go "pause" instead and heal himself to full and loose mostly all his mana. Not that good anymore huh?

3. The bubble is what define the paladin. You wouldnt just remove a warlocks DoTs now would you? What I'm trying to say (cause you seem to thickheaded to get it) is that the bubble is a mechanic that is like one of the ground pillars of the paladin. Allthou the paladin may not be balanced around it, removing that pillar would make the paladin unstable.

..Now please go back to your warlock lounge and dont come here ever again. KKTHXBB

yeah when the 50% dmg debuff arrives its ok

it was ok in vanilla when rets had no real instant attacks besides judgement, the greater swing timer hurt alot.

in tbc they only had 1 instant attack more it was also no problem at all.

now its a problem because the swing timer penalty doesnt matter at all because palas have 133223 pewpew monkeylasergunz keyz to hurt the opponnent.

so now the penalty is being adjusted because the old penalty was no penalty at all anymore.

it will be ok.

See, bennyraw is most likely one of the typical paladins who refuse to realise they are dominating atm. (I'm sure no serious PvPer disagree there).

He refuse to partisipate constructive in the discussion, and just add hostile bullshit, rather than answering to the given question.

It's hard to discuss Tabus, indeed.

So allow me to quote myself:

I'd like to see a Paladin's argument for why he should actually be able to deal damage while shielded.

It's a shame how Blizz tries to please the PvPlers.

If you can't live with bubbles go Warhammer!

Alot of other abilities been changed, the first change to Divine Shield in four years happend in next patch.

People are scared to discuss it, and always go "OMG QQ" and derrail any threads trying to discuss it fast. Paladins themselves will draw the PvE-card, and claim it's nessary and cannot be changed to be non-immunity.

Wow you are just down-right retarded... Every response you've come up with this whole time is something along the lines of "Derail thread, Paladins arguement, scared to discuss, blahblahblah". Here's the discussion, When they nerf abilities they look at every aspect of how it changes the class, not just one spec. With IBF, it was being used by a DPS class (because thats all DK's are) in a pvp enviroment on top of AMZ AMS Bone shield and Frost Presence. Not to mention is was nerfed the same way Cheat death was nerfed. Also, like i've said, it's dispellable, if you are comp'n your pvp teams to counter-comp it then don't QQ about it, that's what ya do in arenas to get to the "big leagues". Need more?

We're not discussing Death Knights, we're discussing Divine Shield.

You going to answer the question or not?

Quote Originally Posted by bennyraw
    Dont you ever get tired of QQing about paladins?

1. The game ISNT a pvp game. It was originally a PVE game.

2. Bubble is getting nerfed. It's not godmode after that nerf, its the ultimate defence (when a priest is not around). After the nerf it will only be good for healing yourself and maybe some allies. Think of what this does to a retri paladin. Instead of having the upper hand for 12sec, he can go "pause" instead and heal himself to full and loose mostly all his mana. Not that good anymore huh?

3. The bubble is what define the paladin. You wouldnt just remove a warlocks DoTs now would you? What I'm trying to say (cause you seem to thickheaded to get it) is that the bubble is a mechanic that is like one of the ground pillars of the paladin. Allthou the paladin may not be balanced around it, removing that pillar would make the paladin unstable.

..Now please go back to your warlock lounge and dont come here ever again. KKTHXBB
    1. so then why would it matter if they can't attack through the bubble?

2. It's still God Mode after the nerf with a bit less damage, we are arguing for "the ultimate defense" as you say it.

3. We're not arguing to have bubble removed.
    If I see you... you're dead. If you see me... oh wait, you can't!

See, bennyraw is most likely one of the typical paladins who refuse to realise they are dominating atm. (I'm sure no serious PvPer disagree there).

He refuse to partisipate constructive in the discussion, and just add hostile bullshit, rather than answering to the given question.

It's hard to discuss Tabus, indeed.

So allow me to quote myself:
    Some people are annoyed by ignorance, you are just adding to that anger by keeping this going. It's gunna happen. Why don't you just stop pvp'n then you can stop worry'n about what a paladin does in pvp and get back to doing something productive in-game.

We're not discussing Death Knights, we're discussing Divine Shield.

You going to answer the question or not?
    That was partially to someone else who had posted after you, and before you open your mouth again read the whole post i gave you good reasoning. gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by fireball777
    1. so then why would it matter if they can't attack through the bubble?

2. It's still God Mode after the nerf with a bit less damage, we are arguing for "the ultimate defense" as you say it.

3. We're not arguing to have bubble removed.
    1) Obviously haven't raided pre-wrath

2) 50% less damage is a HUGE nerf to the aspect this post was obviously made about.

3) gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by Neef
    Wow you are just down-right retarded... Every response you've come up with this whole time is something along the lines of "Derail thread, Paladins arguement, scared to discuss, blahblahblah". Here's the discussion, When they nerf abilities they look at every aspect of how it changes the class, not just one spec. With IBF, it was being used by a DPS class (because thats all DK's are) in a pvp enviroment on top of AMZ AMS Bone shield and Frost Presence. Not to mention is was nerfed the same way Cheat death was nerfed. Also, like i've said, it's dispellable, if you are comp'n your pvp teams to counter-comp it then don't QQ about it, that's what ya do in arenas to get to the "big leagues". Need more?
    Bone shield was OP, I'm not complaining about that. However, the nerf to IBF SEVERLY nerfed Frost and Blood.

You know what, how bout they make the base amount avoided with bubble start at 40% (IBF + Bone Shield), and scale with defense + spellpower, like the new icebound? That way, it still retains it's uses for a tank/healer in PvP/PvE, but nerfs it's uses for DPSing, which clearly, is your reasonings that other classes can get nerfed but paladins can't.