Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Total gold earned overrolls 32 signed integer and becomes negative coppers

i read through the conversation between the GM and the player and found out that this players name is: Thyram, Human Mage on the German Server, Sen'Jin. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...%27jin&n=Tyram

maybe this is just a "robin hood" mechanism put in by the developers to put you in debt when you get so rich, evenly splitting your cash over everyone on your server and giving you -2422zillion38926c of debt instead? could this be the game behaving properly?

Quote Originally Posted by wakerofgods
    You guys haven't actually lost your gold though right? Just the achivements page screwed up?
    Blizzard did this on purpose, otherwise hackers know who to hack etc.

Can I have your stuff?

Seriously though explain how in the world you make 2.5k in a day...

I watch the auction house also but making anything over 1k in a single day sounds absurd.

Grats on selling your fiery enchant

Quote Originally Posted by Way2Serious
    Seriously though explain how in the world you make 2.5k in a day...

I watch the auction house also but making anything over 1k in a single day sounds absurd.
    Some screenies from my adventures:

wish i had chinese blood in me

AS posted in the link above i too resort to mining, on good days i am making 2.5k-3k gold per day, not considering the fact i could use that gold to make epics on my leather working char too.

Bare in mind i mine for about 3 hours, prospecting and some gem cutting. I tend to be lucky with the amount of gems i recieve from prospecting. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Airath
    Some screenies from my adventures:

Wow so many Scarlet RUbys oO
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

Quote Originally Posted by elitenls
    I really wish I had the time, energy, and desire to make so much money that the game yelled at me.
    no you dont ><
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

For those who did not get the clue from the screens:

No, I don't farm anything myself, unless its some rare (but farmable) component that has not been up in AH for days for a very profitable scheme. I buy all source mats en-mass from AH and my direct suppliers.

And yes, I have fulltime job, I am married and I have a kid.

My AH-ing takes only about hour in morning and hour in the evening, and some random 5 min long checks during the day.
    You just need to be organized.

Just writing for I see you already are starting to build up stereotypes about 'chinese blood' and similar.

^

I'm pretty lazy with making gold and I still have an insane income. I spend maybe 20-30m a day on average dedicating time to it, and my average gold made/day is still over 1500g.

That reinforced cobalt breastplate market is insanely easy gold as well, although it's being patched next update. I kept an excel document on what I've done with that (mostly to monitor the profit vs effort ratio at various cobalt ore prices), if this gives you any idea:

It's not very organized, but I'm sure you can figure out what everything means.
    Prot: 31661 HP, 23.6k armor, 23.2% dodge, 20.2% parry, 25% block, 25 exp.
    Fury: 4k AP, 38% crit, 10% hit, 7% exp

Always will be prot main spec.

Funny if there was an achievment to reach gold cap, and the reward is a titel that gives you for example <Banker Pikachú> for example, or a little leprechaun pot of gold, wich is clickable by other users, and then gives the other player 1 copper each click, this would also serve as a vanity pet, since it will actually have a leprechaun carrying the pot on his back running after you.

Damn i would want one of those!

15+ Year Old Account

I wonder what their reasoning is behind storing money as a signed 32-bit integer. It's not like you can even have negative money now, is it. I guess it has something to do with the fact that when you spend money you are subtracting, but still, if you can't go below 0, why is it signed?

That said, unsigned, you could have twice as much gold before it capped, which really wouldn't help either, as people would be likely to reach _that_ amount eventually, too.

Oh, and what happens if you transfer money to alts. Is that a temporary fix for what would be displayed?
    For the Alliance!

Yes, KRuke - I use very similar excels both for DE-ing and Prospecting. If DEing can be quite evident, if you don't buy anything above the price of worst case scenario (aka 2 dusts drop), then mass prospecting (aka like 100 or so stacks per session) without a decent calculation before is simply foolish. I've seen too many people QQ like: "omg, I bought 2 stacks of saronite for 100g, no blue gems dropped, lost 70g, jewelcrafting SUX, fixx BLIZZ!!!". I am even planning on making a decent and flexible tool for doing more complex crafting transaction profit calculations very visually easily. Since I have tons of other things to do in my life, only thing I can say about its completion date is: "soon".

Pikachú, I am also all in for such an achievement. Even gradual achievement chains, like gain 10k, 20k, 50k, 100k, "goldcap" gold. 1 copper each click thing could eventually lag servers more than WG, having a SWARM of noobs spamming clicks at your pet

Gaiwyn, when I reached about 200k earned, I was really hoping they would use at least unsigned for displaying these stats (db side minimum data type is number(10) anyway). I was quite disappointed when I realized its signed I was more disappointed about that they even did not bother to put in a cap check in the statistics page. Transfering money to alts to and from is not recorded in any stats, but "max gold ever had".